The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Brown Snakes - ,like Daleks -  are meant to not tend to  climb things but the number that get found in weird off-the-ground spots, eg:

image.png.bc819e1c6c8e4916c97fcc089a2e5289.png

Perhaps that one had been picked up by a rather unintelligent bird, which then decided it wasn't worth the bother and dropped it mid-air.  The snake landed on the vehicle roof and is now clinging to the aerial, wondering how the heck its going to get down....

Its a tough life!

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, polybear said:

and to de-dust afterwards I use the Air Compressor (which is rather loud) and I won't make noise before 8am on a weekday** so as not to upset the neighbours.

Then it'll be danglin' on the paint brush again....

(** 0900 on a Saturday, 1000 on a Sunday).

What a public-spirited Bear!

Bravo!!!

• Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, pH said:

I thought you got rattlers in Idaho? Or not in your part?

Idaho is a big state - it even has two time zones 🙂

Rattlers are in the Southern desert bits and likely in the deep canyons. It's probably too cold and wet for them up here.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another dull, (with the occasional bright spell) sort of day here in England’s northwest corner, the temperature is currently 10C so it’s definitely getting warmer. Sheila is just finishing her breakfast and will then begin getting herself ready for her Zumba class, so I’m in the dining room perusing RMweb, keeping out of the way. My chauffeuring services will be required, so once I’ve dropped Sheila off at the church hall, I shall return home, make myself a muggertea and head off to the workshop to tidy it up ready for use for when Charlie calls round this afternoon. 

Back later

Brian

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, AndyID said:

Rattlers are in the Southern desert bits and likely in the deep canyons. It's probably too cold and wet for them up here.

Rattlers? Oh yes, we get rattlers!  Here's one! VROOM!!!  I do wish they would get that exhaust fixed.....

• Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

About the gap between the fences at the back of my house.

Originally there was no gap, people along my road replaced the builder's original post and wire fence with "normal" 6' fence panels in the early 80s exactly on the boundary.  Apparently the people behind didn't like the mismatch as their gardens are a different sizes from ours (their houses are a bit bigger), so they saw bits of two people's fences from their windows.  They all put up their own fences about 6" on their side of the boundary so it looked better to them.  So as far as I am concerned that is their problem.

The reasons why we have big fences are obviously privacy and security but also because where I live being on the coast  is prone to gales and a lot of plants need protection from the wind - as do greenhouses and sheds or they blow away - that has happened in nearby gardens which are bigger or have lower fences.

This morning is a bit dull but fairly mild at it is likely to stay dry.  I am expecting a parcel around lunchtime so will not be too far from home.

David

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I don't have any double fences around my property but my fence between next door stops about a foot short of the boundary. Likewise the neighbours fence also stops short about the same distance so the (previous) owners put a fence at the bottom leaving a foot wide gap  between them and the property backing on to our gardens. This is wide enough for all sorts of wildlife including muntjac deer.

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

The subject of gaps between fences isn’t something that has ever concerned us. As far as I was aware the only legal stipulation has been whose responsibility it was to look after a particular boundary fence and that this was detailed in the title deeds. Whether we have just been lucky I don’t know but in all the places we have lived we have never had any trouble with neighbours and have only ever had single fences or hedges around our property.

Dave

• Like 15
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Hroth said:

Perhaps that one had been picked up by a rather unintelligent bird, which then decided it wasn't worth the bother and dropped it mid-air.

It happens .

• Like 11
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

Danglin' on a brush completed...for today; another 3 coats still to do 😒 - and that's just to complete the architrave bits for the upstairs doorframes.  Then there's the bits for the two doorframes in the hall to do.....

Why not do all the bits at once?  Ideally I would, but I'd need somewhere large enough to do the job.  If anyone mentions the G-word......

And of course after that there's the skirting.....then the dado rail......

Yep, Turdycurses.

In other news....

How to really p1ss off the people working for you:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65637493

BG

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I'd just done that when the doorbell rang with someone wanting to sell me a new drive, I diverted his attention by talking about my foot so he soon went away.

Bear is getting increasingly p1ssed with recent phone calls from D.G. Scrotes which start with "Am I right in saying you're the home owner?"

At which point I hang up.  Next time I'll just put the phone next to Alexa and let them listen to Radio 2 (or Harry P.) for ten minutes.

10 minutes ago, DaveF said:

The second house along another road which has its junction about 20 yards from my house was on fire, I could see smoke coming out of the roof, but no flames.  It turns out that the ensuite had caught fire.  The fire engines left about ten minutes ago (4.40).  I don't know how much damage there was.   The house and the one attached to it now have all their doors and windows open presumably to let any remaining smoke out.  Of course everyone had gone outside to see what was happening, the fire officer reassured us all that no one was hurt and there was no danger.

This from the BBC News website today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-65629502

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3