The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, from a Fraggle that wonders if I wrap myself in that number plate stuff the kids won't be able to see me.

A successful day yesterday, with several energy-dissipating places visited.  They brought most of this one back with them, however.

20230515_1545131.jpg.42f75a2d9980fc82d06abe4749ff503b.jpg

I'd be careful there Neil as theft of sand is very serious. They could be sentenced to five years hard labour if convicted.

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

56 minutes ago, polybear said:

That green thing is one p1g ugly Loco.

And that is why you will NEVER gain Australian citizenship but instead remain there singing "long to rain over us" for ever more.

• Funny 19

3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

we have so much bloody coal still to dig up

The rest of the world would appreciate it if you left most of it where you found it - except for sufficient stocks to fuel steam locomotive drag races of course. 😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 10

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

theft of sand is very serious

In some places it certainly is - like the pink sands of Elafonisi. (I have long wondered if this inspired Adams to write about the fabulously beautiful planet of Bethselamin.)

A bigger problem is concrete - which prefers estuarine (not desert) sand. Sand mining in some places is subject to organized crime.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Hey, we have so much bloody coal still to dig up, what are we going to do with it all?

Hmmmm, I know  how about a train drag race?

Thats the "Thomas and Friends" 4 abreast race again?

• Like 11
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

Unfortunately it's a herpes delivery so when it will arrive is anyone's guess.

As is where and if…

Though the last item I had from them was delivered correctly and on time, to be fair.  

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, polybear said:

Whilst painting I finally finished the last Harry Potter Audio Book at long last; whilst I have books 1-4 on Alexa (freebie downloads from Audible) I have to resort to the Laptop (linked to Alexa) for Books 5, 6 & 7 as these were freebie downloads from the Library Service.  I listen to Books 1 - 4 via Alexa pretty much on a loop as I'm entering zeddyland (I set Alexa to stop playing after 30 minutes - I'm usually asleep well before then and have to search backwards the following night to find the last bit I remember).  What is apparent is the books have far, far more in them than the films do - the latter having obviously been adapted from the books to suit the big screen.  Even having listened to the books "numerous times" (and some) I still learn new bits I'd missed before.  J.K. Rowling most certainly does have the most amazing creative imagination, that's for sure.

I rather fancy a visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour sometime.

I've got the complete Harry Potter audio books on CDs, spread over Christmas and Birthdays.  They came from The Book People* at a considerable discount on list.  I really must listen to them...

For getting to sleep, I've a number of Classic FM CDs. "Relaxation" on three disks, "Summer Guitar" on two, "Studying" which is a single disk and "for Babies"** on three disks...  Nice soothing "classics" without any banging about, its like listening to Classic FM without presenters, adverts and the news!  It doesn't matter if I only hear part of a disk, the CD player switches off after a while, and I just select another disk to lull me into oblivion for the next evening.  Even better, I usually find them in charity shops for about a pound each....

* Now defunct.

** Really relaxing!  I suppose they're supposed to sooth the sproglet when its kicking in the womb...

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

I thought the performers rather mouthed their words and were indistinct in places, this lot seem to have a bit more clarity...

What do you think?

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

What an awesome race. Something for the WCML?

Dave

It looked good! I saw the green streamliier at the Thirlmere steam weekend in Oz this year. The loco is a thing of great beauty and power!

Baz

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just been watching a program on BBC2 about forensics. Fascinating stuff, the crucial evidence that got a conviction (for rape) came from a doorbell camera. The arthritis has been set off by this afternoons exertions, it feels as if my hips are on fire. More Nurofen has been taken and has eased it a little but something stronger will be consumed before bed.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

4 hours ago, Barry O said:

It looked good! I saw the green streamliier at the Thirlmere steam weekend in Oz this year. The loco is a thing of great beauty and power!

Too right! Lucky we had it at hand  to give this poor old thing  a hurry up.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 6
  • Funny 7