The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

38 minutes ago, TheQ said:

https://www.stealthplate.co.uk/

But you can be done for using it.

Mooring Awl,

5 hours sleep, went down stairs, TV on, wandered round the channels, oddly stopped on a comedy show, modern comedy I find particularly unfunny, however for once this guy was funny. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Gorman

Then another two hours sleep was achieved.

Ben the I want out Collie arrived, we've been on patrol, chilly but 100% blue welkin, very heavy dew.

Two of the laptops I've been working on are Acer, I've found them to be a good machine, I'll probably work on one today amongst doing other things. This one needs a new cmos battery and attaching to the WiFi, yep it's that old it's pre WiFi built in. 

Time for breaky.

That I'm afraid sums up CcTV I'm afraid in my opinion it only records the crime being commuted and thanks to all these real crime shows the 'little darlings' know that if they hide anything that shows who they are all the coppers have is some agitated pixels.

Dave Gorman is good. One thing I do find beneficial is that after a good chuckle I do find I sleep much better.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Much the same in this country since Brexit.

3 hours ago, polybear said:

Which in some cases is probably A Good Thing as it slows down the fuggin' Developers from covering the country in concrete......

The problems in the UK are not in the building industry but in agriculture. There is a dearth of seasonal workers and last year £6M worth of crops had to be left to rot in the fields. I have an idea of a solution with the only losers would be the people smugglers.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A few grumbles from Arthur Itis this morning but Nurofen soon shut him up. Arthritis is not as bad as expected with a high pressure system sitting over the country, perhaps because it is dry.

• Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

https://www.stealthplate.co.uk/

But you can be done for using it.

I wonder if it's a "Construction and Use Regulations" nick (= probably nottalot) or an "Attempting to Pervert the Course of Justice" nick (= very naughty - quite often resulting in jail time)?

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

The problems in the UK are not in the building industry but in agriculture. There is a dearth of seasonal workers and last year £6M worth of crops had to be left to rot in the fields. I have an idea of a solution with the only losers would be the people smugglers.

Get the illegal immigrants that are tucked up in 4* Hotels at £6+M a day and get them to work in the fields.  No work = no Hotel & din dins.

Fixed.

Bear here....

An early morning jumbo raid on Lidl - Bear managed to blow £136 😮 which is quite possibly one of the biggest food etc. "shops" ever.  Bluddy Hell.  I don't mess about though - Bran Flakes?  6 Boxes etc.

I might get very sad and work out what it'd cost for a similar purchase from the likes of Tess & Co sometime.

In other news....

Just received a copy of the quote for fixin' Mickey the MG....a grand.  Plus VAT.....

Any hidden nasties discovered when the bumper comes off will be extra, or course.

BG

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I looked the book up and decided I wanted a copy. Unfortunately the book company has now sold out so I looked on E-bay and found a copy brand new for £12 post free.  

Shhhhhh....

You shouldn't have said that!  I had a rootle too, as I love books like that.  Having found that the place DaveF got his copy had sold out, I hit ebay too and found the £12 copies. However, being economical I bought one of the Like New/New (other) * copies from the same vendor for £8.60, inc delivery...

As the cat is now out of the bag, just in case anyone wants to follow up too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362845110538

* S/H but unmolested...

Edited by Hroth
a quick tidyup as I posted this from a tablet
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

You shouldn't have said that!  I had a rootle too, as I love books like that.  Having found that the place DaveF got his copy had sold out, I hit ebay too and found the £12 copies. However, being economical I bought one of the Like New/New (other) * copies from the same vendor for £8.60, inc delivery...

As the cat is now out of the bag, just in case anyone wants to follow up too

Beat you .

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/philip-davies/lost-england-1870-1930/9781909242791?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=18082217234&cq_con=&cq_med=pla&cq_plac=&cq_net=x&gclid=CjwKCAjw04yjBhApEiwAJcvNofYcbqTo3IDzJoTDBBet9hn2SFVtrrqW9xSvp-t__4sg5DTymWn7QRoCCTMQAvD_BwE#GOR008369623

Edited by Sidecar Racer
Wrong link .
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, polybear said:

In other news....

Just received a copy of the quote for fixin' Mickey the MG....a grand.  Plus VAT.....

Any hidden nasties discovered when the bumper comes off will be extra, or course.

BG

In current days that sounds quite reasonable.

• Like 10
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

I have the Lost London volume and was aware of the newer one, but was prompted to order it by Dave's post.  I too went to WoB for a good deal. But you don't want to hear my language when I'm pricing books for eBay sales and find their listings!  However they don't sell all their stock for peanuts.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

In current days that sounds quite reasonable.

Fortunately Bear isn't picking up the Tab - the silly C0w's Insurance Company is getting that pleasure.

32 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Hey, we have so much bloody coal still to dig up, what are we going to do with it all?

Hmmmm, I know  how about a train drag race?

That green thing is one p1g ugly Loco.

Bear here.....

Lunch at the local Cafe with a couple of Buddies - a bacon n' egg Baguette & Chips was demolished in the process.

@iL Dottore will no doubt be pleased to hear that Bear managed to rescue the very last bag of frozen curly fries from Lidl's freezer earlier 😁, so that's a Tick.  Bear's front-line ready-use SCC** is also looking far more heathy than it has done in a long, long time......or should that be unhealthy....

(**Strategic Cake Cupboard).

In other news.....

Mickey the MG is absolutely plastered in bird sh1t - thanks to the bluddy great tree outside Bear Towers which overhangs the drive; it's not long ago that I washed Mickey - it looks like I'll be doing it again tomorrow.  Turdycurses.

Right, time to paint some architrave.

BG

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Chewsday.

Very quiet yesterday gave me some time to recover from the weekend! Odd, I thought that was what a weekend was for.

Nothing but work planned for today, so on with that I guess.

12c and partly sunny first thing, high of 26c forecast.

Later.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5