The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

Thankfully I only know Meadowhall shopping centre, and that was bad enough, though if that way I'd normally also take in Marcway...

At least there’s a Smiths and a bookshop at Meadowhall.

Marcway, used to go there quite regularly when I was collecting plastic kits to build but only go there now for paints etc.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I found out today that the A/C on the car isn't working, TC's, probably needs re-gassing. Not too bad as the car is 15 years old soon. Now to catch up on the rest of RMweb and Farcebook.

• Friendly/supportive 18

2 hours ago, BoD said:

I apologise for not being up to date but we are 'away' at the moment. Last night I sat watching this develop ...

20230509_205441.jpg.8a4908d88b5ff1c271beeab7ed832b9e.jpg

I even allowed myself a glass of wine whilst watching it. I'm well content at the moment. 

Oban?

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well I got a lot more done in the workshop than I expected to do, despite the rain, which stopped play several times. However, on the plus side, all the filling inside has been done, (although to be fair, I didn’t need to do much) and some of the fill on the outside has been done, again, I didn’t need to do a great deal. All that’s left to do now is fill the bottom 2 boards, these were a little too damp to be able to apply the filler, and then sand it down. Sanding may reveal bits that need touching up again, but I don’t expect to have to do very much. I’ve also made a start on cutting out the rotten bits on the back wall, but I haven’t cut all the way through yet. 

This afternoon, I finished making the fruit tea loaf that I’d left soaking overnight. After tea, we had our weekly chat with Vickie, as usual nothing of great importance was discussed, just general chit chat.  

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Today was our wedding anniversary (#49). There was a card from the cat waiting for us this morning. 

We spent the day driving to Sarnia where we saw the USA across the river. French fries and hot dogs under the Bluewater Bridge and a stop in a bookstore. Not home until nearly 6. Temperature quite pleasant despite he frost warning overnight.

The furnace was going on and off loudly and repeatedly last night.  I bought a new filter on the way out. Operation now seems quieter. I found one that was half the price of the usual brand.

Bon Anniversaire. 

Jamie 

Edited by jamie92208
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Today was our wedding anniversary (#49). There was a card from the cat waiting for us this morning. 

Many congratulations to you both!

Back later …..

• Agree 12
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Happy anniversary, congratulations to both of you.

• Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I found out today that the A/C on the car isn't working, TC's, probably needs re-gassing. Not too bad as the car is 15 years old soon. Now to catch up on the rest of RMweb and Farcebook.

Bear aims to make sure the A/C in Mickey the MG is run for at least a few minutes every time I drive it - apparently it helps maintain the seals in good nick; I try not to run the A/C unless I need it as it ups the fuel consumption.

Whilst on the subject of Mickey, I've yet to hear from the Garage regarding getting the damage repaired - I guess they're still waiting to hear from the Insurance Company re: acceptance of estimate; I'll give it until Monday, at which point I'll prod them as required.

Today sees Bear enjoying all the fun of the washing machine ☹️; I also need to shift a trolley jack back into the shed (it's still in Mickey's boot - from the time when I was investigating the flat tyre saga caused by a duff valve).  There's also a rather nice (Bernerd?) Collet Chuck + Collets for a Lathe that Bear has offered to list on the 'bay for a buddy in there - I need to find a more suitable place to park it until I get it listed.

No plans for further work on the Great H/S/L refurb exist today - there's dross stuff that needs Bear's attention instead.

BG

• Like 18
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm now out of bed drinking an early morning cup of tea and enjoying the sunshine while dealing with e mails, sorting out photos etc.

Shortly it will be time for breakfast.  Royal Mail have informed me that they will deliver a parcel between 10.58 and 12.58 today which needs a signature.  Yesterday part of another order came by post so it fitted through the letter box.  Other items will follow as they come into stock, one at least will need me to be at home.

I'll go to church as usual, but I am not sure what else will be done today, apart from cooking Hunter's chicken for lunch.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. No arthritis/sciatica this morning but the hay fever is bad this morning, hoping for rain to wash the pollen out. SEERS track night tonight, I have a couple of new items for testing tonight. Time to run a bath, be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

One of our neighbors just bought a new Suzuki Jimny, I never realized it was still being made. I can't remember seeing a new one in Britain for years. It's one of those cars which gets a lot of derision and dismissed as a toy (in fairness it is tiny) despite the fact that it'll get much further off road than most of the SUVs that clog up the roads. I drove them in the Middle East quite a lot and they are genuine off road vehicles. Though why you would want one in a country where it is pretty much impossible to go off road is a good question as their on road manners are mediocre. 

Then again I know people who pay ££££££s for the optional 4x4 transmission and off road packs of some SUVs despite having zero intention of every leaving tarmac. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear aims to make sure the A/C in Mickey the MG is run for at least a few minutes every time I drive it - apparently it helps maintain the seals in good nick; I try not to run the A/C unless I need it as it ups the fuel consumption.

Whilst on the subject of Mickey, I've yet to hear from the Garage regarding getting the damage repaired - I guess they're still waiting to hear from the Insurance Company re: acceptance of estimate; I'll give it until Monday, at which point I'll prod them as required.

Indeed, with only just over a litre the amount of fuel used by the A/C is frightening that is why I use it sparingly. 

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3