The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Another grey day here with rain forecast.....and it's just started.  Chance of some heavy showers.   13°C up to 18°C.

Latish start after a hectic and enjoyable day yesterday.  The weather was kind to us so we spent all afternoon in the garden.  I didn't have to do much as Steve and James took over the BBQ which was fine by me.  They made a good job of it too.  Mast have done as we have no reports of food poisoning!

Most of the clearing up is now done, just got to clean the BBQ now.  The gazebo will have to stay up now it's got wet.

Not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day but I do have one recorded rugby match to watch.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

......the cost of foodstuffs here is beyond a joke.  We're used to paying a bit more than over the water, but it is getting silly.

What sort of prices for everyday items are you looking at on Fraggle Rock?

Bear here.....

Two primed lengths of architrave temporarily fitted to the muddlin' room frame, followed by prep for lining the last remaining wall; I've had a call from the ebay buyer - they're arriving sometime this afternoon to collect it.  A bit of a pain cos' it'll interfere with thoughts of gluing wallpaper on walls, so this'll probably get postponed until tomorrow.

In other news....

A new angle on leccy cars:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/sheer-weight-of-electric-vehicles-could-sink-our-bridges/ar-AA1aRpUq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b2725992686446a3bf683278702dc3e0&ei=58

And Chemists having a tough time apparently:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65481473

In other, other news....

Apparently today is Monday ......so who stole Sunday??

Bear Gone.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

Similar with the concert from Windsor, most of that was average, Lionel Richie really should retire, Katy Perry has a new fan....me, she was the nearest to being in tune of the lot although Andrea Bocelli was good.

Agreed 100% about Mr Richie - he was good once, but he's lost it big style - and the 300 voice choir was decent - the lack of autotune (unless it was being used, and I missed it) was obvious.

However, the work with the drones was outstanding.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Greetings all from a Sidcup which is grey but has not yet produced the promised rain.

a quiet day today - we’ve been for our customary walk and I have run the hoover round.

yesterday we went to Brands Hatch and watched the BTCC races (and support). The sun surprised us by coming out and I have caught it slightly- hopefully it will have calmed down a bit by tomorrow when not only am I working but I will be in meetings and interviews most of the day!

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. No sign of the rain here yet, perhaps its slipped past this corner of Essex or the Downs have created a rain shadow. My front lawn is more dandelions than grass now despite being on the north side of the house. The back lawn had even more but they have shed their seeds and are dying off. Now to visit Tess Coes for some bread and milk.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

Oh Buggerritt, thought Bear.....

So I grabbed the sticky stuff and decided to glue the lining paper to the last wall after all; the Guy turned up for his Ebay purchase part-way thru', but fortunately at a reasonably convenient moment in proceedings.  The wall is now well and truly lined, so that's a Tick.

BG

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Not worked out where to put photo printer we've inherited

Is it one of those Canon Selphy printers?

They're effective and the dye transfer prints they produce don't fade readily, which is good!

• Informative/Useful 8

4 hours ago, PupCam said:

...Or maybe I should investigate "Practical ways to get to London when the train drivers CBA to work"?

Decisions, decisions .........

Now that's a splendid idea.....

iD

p.s. I have a bag of Napolitaines (mini bars of Swiss chocolate) with your name on it....

Just thought you'd like to know.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

iD

p.s. I have a bag of Napolitaines (mini bars of Swiss chocolate) with your name on it....

Just thought you'd like to know.

Bear did come up with a most cunning plan.......

Bear thought of collecting Puppers from the field opposite Chateau Puppers in the Jet Ranger then nipping up to Battersea Heliport....until I took a ganders at the Landing Fees (£410) and Parking Fees (0-4 Hours £535).....

Oh yes, and then there's the small matter of a Jet Ranger......

I'm currently wondering if Puppers has any roller skates.....

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:
4 hours ago, PupCam said:

...Or maybe I should investigate "Practical ways to get to London when the train drivers CBA to work"?

Decisions, decisions .........

It depends upon whose train drivers might be in the aforesaid category.  Some will be working.  Not too many on Friday admittedly but a greater number on Saturday.  

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, polybear said:

I'm currently wondering if Puppers has any roller skates.....

Er, no 🤔

2 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

It depends upon whose train drivers might be in the aforesaid category.  Some will be working.  Not too many on Friday admittedly but a greater number on Saturday.  

No trains (GN/Thameslink) at all from Hitchin apparently according to "Ticket Office Man"

Just wondering if a Boris Bike would make it all the way from Hitchin?  🤣    Perhaps someone could acquire one and drop it off?

• Like 9
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It's an interesting observation Rick. I haven't watched the coverage on my DVR. (Not sure I will.) I have looked at photo-essays online.

I concur with your assessment relative to the what I saw of photographs of Grenadier Guards, Household Cavalry and RAF. CNN published this photograph of some RN sailors - which as a counterpoint is more diverse, including women and people of colour.

Makes me wonder a little about whether there are some subtle service variations. (I wouldn't be surprised to see units like the Guards and Household Cavalry being more 'selective' regarding representation.)

Of course the honour guard around the state coach was carefully chosen to represent diversity.

And then people come out with comments like this:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/bbc-faces-backlash-after-presenter-insists-adjoa-andoh-had-nothing-to-apologise-for/ar-AA1aTXR0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a2ab338fd1324a8090834e03893fd5e5&ei=24

"BBC bosses faced pushback from annoyed listeners after a Radio 4 presenter reassured Bridgerton’s Adjoa Andoh she ‘had nothing to apologise for’ with regards to her remarks about the Royal Family. 

The 60-year-old actress revealed that she thought the monarchs were ‘terrribly white’, sparking anger from audience members. 

She reportedly made comments about the Buckingham Palace balcony on Coronation Day while adding her two cents during a live ITV broadcast over the historic weekend".

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Barry O said:

Foleys is owned by Black Sheep.. who went into administration last week....

Baz

As have a few other breweries such as Brew By Numbers and Brick, both in the London area.

I did manage a pint of Black Sheep bitter on Saturday just incase they are not rescued. I also had a pint of Brew By Numbers in Foleys last night.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mike Bellamy said:

I believe they were representing some of the Commonwealth countries or were they from the Realms where HM Charles III is still Head of State ?

The list of who accompanied the Gold Coach mentioned military representatives of the realms and the RCMP.  

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 45156 said:

Agreed 100% about Mr Richie - he was good once, but he's lost it big style - and the 300 voice choir was decent - the lack of autotune (unless it was being used, and I missed it) was obvious.

However, the work with the drones was outstanding.

Why would you use auto tune?

Baz

• Like 7