The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

You forgot to include where I spit out the wad of apple flavoured energy bar  into the spittoon making a resounding clang as it contacted the rim of the receptacle and slowly slid down into its depths.

I'll have you know that the @polybear igloo bar and pizza parlour most definitely does not have "Spittoons" 🤬  It's a very select, classy joint I'll have you know....

p.s. "Shotgun Puppers?"  The recoil would send him off into next week....

p.p.s. "Elegantly dressed tall thin man with a shock of immaculately coiffured white hair??"  Oh I forgot - this is a fantasy fiction story.....🤣

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Lakes.

Rain.

Nice cottage.

Is the cottage your residence  because it is too cold still for the motor home? I have wondered how practical they are outside summer.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evening orl.  Relocated.

Lakes.

Rain.

Nice cottage. (not that sort).

No trains.

Is that the clue to three across five letters? In which case the answer is - sheep.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

CONTINUED

The Doc made a broad, sweeping gesture: “This town is a refugeWe’re all running from something. Take CrazyQ here, he’s running from the law. He shot a man for kicking his dog, Ben”. Winslow Boy nodded, he could understand that. The Doc continued “…. In the back, at night, down a dark alley, 10 days lateriL Dottore gestured around the table “everyone in this town has done something terrible, something that has banished them forever from society

He got up and stood behind Smiley GrandadBob, lightly putting his hands on the man’s shoulders and continued. “We learn to get along, here in the township of Early Rise“. Unperturbed, SmileyGrandadbob took a very large, very long and very sharp Bowie knife from a holster and pointedly started cleaning his nails. “What’s in the past, stays in the past” continued iL Dottore. “We don’t talk about cockwombles to SmileyGrandadbob, we don’t ask why Flyboy Hunt is dressed head to toe in Crimson Lake, and so on. And…” The Doc’s face darkened, his grin disappearing as fast as a blown out candle flame,  “…as we like to go on living, we never, ever, say the words, Haute Cuisine in front of The Bear

IL Dottore leaned against the table, his grin returning as though it had never ever gone away “I know why you’re here, son“ drawled The Doc around his big grin, “That Mexican warlord Capitano Cynico has promised you a shed for killing me, am I right?” Winslow Boy looked up, startled, how did The Doc know that? IL Dottore sighed, “goddammit, my twin brother can be an absolute a$$hole at times”.

TO BE CONTINUED 

(maybe)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Got in a bit late last night and it was two o'clock this morning, I shall be returning to bed after breakfast. The arthritis keeps coming and going with the rain, not too bad at the moment. Breakfast is ready so its be back later.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning. We are stuck in a queue of ships waiting toget into the docks at Hull.  I may be some time.

Jamie

What you need is a bit of "torpedoes.... LOS"  @jamie92208.. obviously not at you ship....

Baz

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

An excellent addition to an N gauge layout, a 1/150 model of a 23,964TEU container ship. Whenever I see this model I can't help thinking why didn't they just make it 24,000TEU.

IMG_20230323_084818.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

An excellent addition to an N gauge layout, a 1/150 model of a 23,964TEU container ship. Whenever I see this model I can't help thinking why didn't they just make it 24,000TEU.

IMG_20230323_084818.jpg

How on earth can the people on the bridge see enough to dock or carry out any other close manoeuvre?

Dave

• Like 10
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1