The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Good Heavens Bear, you must be standing on your locks.  I usually have a 0.5!  😁

Isn't that usually called a polish Bob?

Dave (No.3 customer)

• Like 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Ben has gone to hide in his safe place, they're playing top gun up above...

Hope they’re not dumping fuel on your drone that is disguised as a sailing boat called Blue Moon! 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 16

34 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Good afternoon, lawns aka weed patches ironed and clothes mowed. THe Who, 1 side, The Stones 2 sides and 1 side-on Beatles LP helped the process along.  Now coffee and cake time.  

Jamie

Can't help thinking that something's not quite right with that statement Jamie.

Don't know what it is but somehow it just doesn't hang together.

It might take me some time but I'll figure it out.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, PupCam said:

The house they really wanted came good and your emergency back-up one was just that - a backup.      Cynical Puppers?

Not really; exactly that happened to me when I was recently selling my late Dad's house. 'Sterds.

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold

Its cold, its raining.

And an Ice Cream van is trundling around, blasting out an electronic jangle of "Oranges and Lemons".

I don't know who they're trying to convince...

• Like 6
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

We have electric buses in Cardiff, Datong (Chinese) single deckers, and we love 'em.  Silent apart from a low-level whine which I think comes from the air brake compressor; it is not continuous.  As you say, much like trolleybuses (which I am old enough to remember running in Cardiff), and I'd say quieter, as the trolleybus poles used to go click click over the wire joints, which would twing along the wires to let you know there was one on the way or you'd just missed one.  Newport has taken the plunge as well.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PupCam said:

The house they really wanted came good and your emergency back-up one was just that - a backup.      Cynical Puppers?

I actually did that, as this house was under offer to another buyer, after we had seen it, and tried to make an offer - so we had to find an alternative, which we did, but not in the area that we really wanted (ie Ludlow or surrounds).  Then the buyer pulled out due to his lender not coming up with the goodies for sone reason not related to the house - so we were asked if our offer stood, and it did, so we proceeded to withdraw our offer on the fallback - and we really felt bad about it, but we knew deep down that we had to go with the house that we really wanted - price, location, and quality of house were all in its favour - even though this one is a semi, and the other was a larger detached.

Afternoon All,

Been AWOL due to much pricing and packing of stuff to sell in the cabinet - we get the keys tomorrow, so will be filling boxes tonight, having priced and listed all the items for the first wave - we probably have enough stuff to change the stock completely four times - we plan to visit twice a week to service the cabinet - and we may well try to get a second cabinet in another centre.

Ludlow writers tonight - will be leaving in about an hour.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

I haven't quite got the hang of being on daylight saving time. I'm sleeping and awakening at more or less the 'right' time, but I'm not yet used to the new position of the sun*. It now shines into my living room when I eat in the morning (after my walk) and sunset is suddenly well after my evening meal. I find myself running out of time in the afternoons because the dinner hour arrives so early (relative to the position of the sun).

* It's actually been visible the last couple of days.

The next couple of days might see the warmest temperature of the year (if we manage to break 15°C / 60°F), and the warmest day since early November. Today started frosty but is quickly warming up. It is starting to feel like Spring so hopefully the flora will soon get on with it.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each,

The Back is still complaining profusely, as am I because of it.  More pills deployed earlier and these have been supplemented with a bottle of Greene King IPA and a glass of Black Stump Premium Durif which accompanied my Scotch egg salad and jacket potato.  I might just have another glass shortly.  Doesn't seem to be anything on TV to interest me tonight (not unusual) so I will shortly don the headphones and try to find something to watch online, failing that there's plenty of music on my laptop to enjoy.

Cheers 🍺🍷🍷

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold

Those of you that know me on here or have even met me know that it takes quite a lot to make me smile.  I managed to do that a few minutes ago when I found this on YouTube.  My two favourite singing sisters together with their Mum:

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

@polybear  shows what Missenden is missing then... step forward Michael Edge. Railway modeller of good standing, long time professional railway modeller and excellent watched brass kit designer (for Judith  the boss).

He has always had a pair of these pliers in his back pocket.. he generally mends our locos etc with them at shows.. and has been doing for all of the47 years I have known him..

Baz

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Nicked off of Faceache.     Going to have to visit one day. 

I wonder if there is anyone around here that knows anything about the place? 😉

image.png.7d5366ffcff9b8d7e0909769549bacb3.png

• Like 14

Evening All,

After two days of sorting things out at Mum’s, tomorrow see us entertaining mil and Sydney.

Dont know where we’ll be going but looks like we’re going to get wet.
Not much else to report such is life at the moment so

Goodnight.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The arthritis/sciatica is still hanging around.  Its quiet at the moment and I hope it stays that way. Not done much this evening except a couple of crosswords and sudoku's.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 10