The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

8 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Indeed, he failed as he has a nice smile, rather than Eeyore's depressive outlook.  He was rescued from Disney Somewhereorother, the Florida one I think, by one of Mrs NHN's mates years ago.  Donkeys years ago.........sorry.

P1200970.JPG.e3f545f2745ea0e94e0fce10484f4110.JPG

Bluddy Hell, NHN. Donk’s on the Horse Tranquilliser again. Look at that spaced-out smile

I thought that, after his last stay in my Swiss Rehab Clinic, he had sworn that he’d given up on xylazine, carfentanil and the like - for good!

Obviously not.

What have you been doing to him, NHN, to make poor old Donk turn to really serious drugs?

• Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning. Another warm day in prospect but it has been cool overnight.  I got my concreting  done yesterday morning then had an unexpected afternoon  trainspotting.  Andy was still out of commission so I was on my own.  Today I have to help a friend move a mattress then the ironing awaits. 

Ttfn.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not a bad night last night but I still have the blocked nose. Thick fog this morning but most of it has now burnt off.  Not feeling as tired as recently, just as well as I need to get some bread and milk in so a trip to Tess Coes will be necessary later.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Further to my previous posting/inane ramblings/dribble - take your pick as the mood suits you, I thought I would post some photos showing the low water levels.

Here in the northwest we get our water from the 'upspoilt' valleys of the Lake District & the Pennines. Piped via miles of Victorian/Edwardian civil engineering. And yes folks it's still doing what it says on the tin.

IMG_20230213_123504.jpg

IMG_20230213_113247.jpg

It’s noticeably dryer around here. Some of the footpaths we use are almost impassable this time of year but of late they are useable. Can’t remember when we last had a good dose of the wet stuff.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Tony_S said:

It wasn’t the usual chlorine. That can be left to stand for a while for fish use. This was something else to kill the shrimps that were coming out of taps. 
Tony

South Staffs Water did this same thinga good many years ago.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Bluddy Hell, NHN. Donk’s on the Horse Tranquilliser again. Look at that spaced-out smile

I thought that, after his last stay in my Swiss Rehab Clinic, he had sworn that he’d given up on xylazine, carfentanil and the like - for good!

Obviously not.

What have you been doing to him, NHN, to make poor old Donk turn to really serious drugs?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tainted-batch-of-ketamine-did-cause-concerns-say-police/

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Further to the hardness of water in different parts of the country. I'm not sure if its still done but many soap and detergent makers used to use different formulas for different parts of the country. I live in a hard water area and when I was working sometimes I went to a 'soft' water area on business. I usually took my own soap and you could tell it was a soft water area by the amount of lather from the soap.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Apart from a couple of taps downstairs all of our water is treated by a water softener. It was added when we had a new boiler a few years ago. It is a lot easier to keep shower screens clear now!

• Like 19

24 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

The first place - open from 8am - didn't do breakfast until "after 9"  and the reception we got was so frosty we didn't stay for a coffee while we waited.  

it 🤣

Dont see why you’d open up at 8.00am and not serve breakfast until 9.00. Wonder what Alan Sugar would make of it?

• Like 7
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Dont see why you’d open up at 8.00am and not serve breakfast until 9.00. Wonder what Alan Sugar would make of it?

We agreed.  If you're going to offer breakfast you need to be open at breakfast time.  I understand that 7am or 6am are not viable options for all places through the week (honourable mention to all those cafes who are geared up for that, however) but surely by 8am???

• Like 1
  • Agree 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

greetings all. It is sunny here in LBG.

When I lived in Leeds, the water was the colour of weak tea. Tasted ok though (better than the Tetley's beer!)

And as for our local water, Ozex' mention of Dasani reminds me of the UK debacle for that brand - link to the Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/mar/19/foodanddrink

all just down the road from me in Foots Cray 

It's very hard water, so hard it furred up the internal workings of our previous coffee machine despite only using Brita filtered water on it. Like Tony we had a softener put in when we had the new boiler a few years back

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I hope that you are enjoying the benefit of a huge amount of "toys" (of your personal preference) plus huge amounts of CAKE - enough to choke a Hippo or give a Bear indigestions

Such a quantity has yet to be determined.......

• Funny 10