The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Thought you might like to know. Aditi was mistaken about recycling our bear. It was found in another room, on a pile of blankets. 

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......................

Bear's been awake all night worrying......

10 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

SDS used to make one but in the candy scheme.

Failing that, the NR locos in the indigenous 'Warmi'  and 'Kungara Mankurpa' schemes make quite a statement.

https://auscisionmodels.com.au/Indigenous NR Class Locomotive.htm

Whoever came up with those paint jobs has a serious, long -term problem with Class A Drugs.....Jeez.

Bear here....

Things to do - which doesn't include washing the Bearmobile 😁

It does include sanding though 😠, but nottalot 😃, after which it'll be time to dangle on a paint brush.  I can do that.

In other news.....

Bear has discovered that Letterbox Springs are available on the 'bay - so some time may be spent seeing if they have a suitable one to fit the flap on Bear Towers.  Some of the prices are a Grade A P1ss-Take though......🤣

Bear gone.

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Sorry to hear about that Phil and trust that his palliative care is in good hands and with appropriate pain relief.

May I just echo that sentiment. That's awful news indeed, @PhilJ W. I'll be thinking of you and yours...

Moaning awl. It's turning out sunny with high clouds, which is nice after this dreich week. I'll make sure to take things slow this weekend!

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Early Riser today - 45th Wedding Anniversary and also SWMBO's 65th Birthday - not many get married at the age of 20 these days do they - as for me, I'm approaching 69 at Easter. Got cards to write and tea to make . . . . . . 

Congratulations on both your anniversary and SWMBO's birthday.

• Like 7
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Early Riser today - 45th Wedding Anniversary and also SWMBO's 65th Birthday - not many get married at the age of 20 these days do they - as for me, I'm approaching 69 at Easter. Got cards to write and tea to make . . . . . . 

Congratulations to you both Mike and also best wishes for SWMBO happy 65

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:
15 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Due to his existing medical problems there's no chance of chemo. It seems likely that its palliative care only from now on.

I’m really sorry to hear that, Phil.

Likewise. Best wishes from the Hill of Strawberries. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The "Inner Circle" (keepers and providers of Punxsutawney Phil's meds) have published nicknames - like "Iceman" and "Moonshine".

They’re a mean ugly bunch as well by the looks of them. Not the sort I’d care to meet in the wrong circumstances 🤣

• Like 11
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s still grey outside, but at least the wind and the rain have gone and with a temperature of 9C which is expected to rise to 11C later today it’s very mild out there. I shall shortly be heading off to collect Ava, who will once again be spending the day here with us. This morning Ava and I will be in the kitchen baking a small batch of strawberry shortcake cupcakes, so of which will be eaten after tea tonight. 

Thoughts with Phil and his family. 

Congratulations to the Bellamy household for there double celebration today. 

Back later

Brian

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

VHBC's to Mike and Mrs. B 🎂 🎂

• Like 7
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1