The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Huh??

Unleashing that on a poor unsuspecting Bear at 0700 (or any other time, for that matter) just isn't playin' fair.

Just think what it was like for a poor Puppers trying to type it at 00:30Hrs !

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, polybear said:

after Googlin' Abalone a certain Bear can't stand it either - and I've never tasted the stuff.   The fact that it's 1/5th of a Deltic for a tin of the stuff doesn't help either.  Save it and give it to someone else next year......

Overfished and depleted in Asia, wild caught Abalone is limited to only a few fisheries, southern Australia is the major one  and licensed  Abalone divers can make a fortune. Licenses to fish  for  Sth Australian abalone change hands for millions of dollars. Back in the early nineties there were stories of abalone divers working in the remote southwest corner of Tasmania who would get pizzas delivered from Hobart by helicopter...

• Informative/Useful 17

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

You could always come here and fill four barrow loads of logs then wheel them down and stack them.  That certainly thawed out the forepaws despite the gloves having frozen up. The gloves were fully thawed out by the time I finished.  Hid paws were warm and tosdt as well it's 80 yards in each direction.

Jamie

Any cake??

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Huh??

Unleashing that on a poor unsuspecting Bear at 0700 (or any other time, for that matter) just isn't playin' fair.

2 hours ago, PupCam said:

Just think what it was like for a poor Puppers trying to type it at 00:30Hrs !

Sorry folks. 

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

Kit of parts for doors assembled and glued now under tins of paint while it drys. It will need some screws to hold it all together when unweighted.

Pad on top of centre console roughly shaped and glued in place also under weights.

Rudder sanded , then the leading edge was given layer of fibreglass reinforcement.

Ben took me for a full long walk, he was very happy, having a good snuffle all the way round.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, PupCam said:

Indeed I could.  The telescope mounting clamps include standard camera 1/4" Whitworth threads (male and female) so the easiest thing in the world to mount the camera.   The only slight drawback is with the wider FoV the local light pollution would be even more intrusive.  With next door's illuminated pergola (we're surprised that a couple of Easy Jet 737s haven't mistaken it for Luton's runway ...) and half a dozen 500W+ security lights in other gardens going on and off at random it's a miracle we can see the sky at all (That might constitute a micro-rant 🤔).

However, not having the telescope on the mount  would make an adventure to a local "darker sky" location much easier.      Something like this would be something to aim for but I'd have to substitute Langford water tower and a puddle for the lighthouse and the sea  🤣

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5951733914904658

And, just to show the image was not a random collection of splodges created with Photoshop, here is the analysis of the scene.    Unfortunately no notable named stars but I deliberately avoided those to concentrate on dimer objects.     Very pleased with the result; there's a lot more "enhancement" potential with this image than any of my previous efforts that have only stacked 10 to 20 images primarily because there's much reduced background.   Small steps!

image.png.e8c326031a8e3335bc7fab275a9317b7.png

Back later.

Alan

Yes Thank you Mr Puppers but I'm afraid you can only make one submission for the Astronomers Royal post. No we haven't decided yet, we're are still considering applications. Yes we will let you know if you've been successful. Next please. My god he's a determined so and so 9isn't he.

Edited by Winslow Boy
Profanity filter
  • Like 4
  • Funny 12

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

And here is the evidence.

P1192843.JPG.089eac831d66dcbcc2a89ef015bf32cf.JPG

And it's still getting thicker

Also some of you may remember me mentioning that I was going to try and repair a plaque on a war grave in the local cemetery.  It's gone together quite well.   some 3mm aluminium as backing.  Araldite to fix the 6 pieces together then thixofix to stick it to the baking plate.   According to Aurellie, the fount of all knowledge in the village, it has not gone unnoticed.  t certainly looks a lot better than lying on the ground in front of the gravestone.

P1132839.JPG.aadd8f9fa189cfd6d4ea0ff655cad688.JPG

Another villager said that she had know knowledge of the family.

Jamie

Very nice young man however won't the Memsahib object to you using a baking plate especially as you went to all that trouble with a backing plate.

• Like 4
  • Funny 7