The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

11 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

For what it is worth, I see there is a new top of page arrow:

image.png.8829487eaf168e7eaf1ae079111ecaad.png

Now located in the bottom right of the window. This one does not have a 'tool tip' if you hover over it.

HHmmm, thats not working for me. I just clicked on the arrow in the post you posted and all I get is a bigger arrow in the middle of my screen .  More work needed I think!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 6
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Now located in the bottom right of the window. This one does not have a 'tool tip' if you hover over it.

Just set my theme back to Gold and it seems to work for me (in Firefox) AND no mysterious invisible tentacles that reach across the page so at least that's an improvement!

UPDATE

But I can't see the items in the header bar (Bell, envelope etc) due to a very low contrast difference between the icons and the background.   

The Temporary theme seems to be working well ..... 😀

Edited by PupCam
But all in the garden is not rosy
  • Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sidecar Racer said:

And as this one was loaded even more likelihood of overbalancing .

Theoertically it should remain upright if tilted to 28 degrees with a full load upstairs and none downstairs. However newer types are not necessarily subject to a physical tilt test but to type modelling. The vehicle in question appears to be of an age which would have required an actual test 

https://app.croneri.co.uk/topics/psv-specification-and-fitness/indepth

The tilt test is however static. Different forces enter play when the vehicle is moving. Different forces again are involved if normal control is lost for example in a skid. 

A rotating vehicle (it ended up facing the way it had come) may also have clipped a kerb which could have prevented the wheels continuing around and arc but resulted in the forces of motion causing the vehicle as a whole to attempt continued rotation. Thereby destabilising it with the upper deck attempting to go where the wheels were prevented from going. 

We shall see. The accident report may not become public knowledge because it’s not a fatal event. But learning points may be addressed to the industry. 

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

The top of page arrows work for me, in fact its better than before the latest trouble as it overlaid the multi-quote box and you ended up going to the top of the page before you could post a multi-quote.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

The tilt test is however static. Different forces enter play when the vehicle is moving. Different forces again are involved if normal control is lost for example in a skid. 

A rotating vehicle (it ended up facing the way it had come) may also have clipped a kerb which could have prevented the wheels continuing around and arc but resulted in the forces of motion causing the vehicle as a whole to attempt continued rotation. Thereby destabilising it with the upper deck attempting to go where the wheels were prevented from going. 

The main picture in this report is very clear . The bus has come from the direction

that the police car is parked , and that's quite a high kerb .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-64301329

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 8

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

and if you check items to "quote" the "quote" tag covers the top of page arrow so you have to use the scroll bar to get back to the top of the next page if you're needing to move to the next page. Seems something is broken, it used to be that when you used the next page navigation or any selected page # you'd be automatically placed at the top. Now you're placed at the bottom of the page...

• Like 10
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Bear here......

Colour scheme chosen and paint ordered; that's a complete Deltic that a certain Bear won't be seeing.  Turdycurses.

A call to Bear's tame Plasterer was rather successful though - he's arriving on Monday morning to plaster the boxed-in pipework in the hallway.  That's a Tick.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

ie: Just 1 hour 58 minutes til your disk space fills up!

Ah!  But I've just been on (another) cleaning spree and found another 0.5G.   Hopefully that will be enough 🤞

Stacking 157 out of 166 files.   54 minutes and 25s remaining ....  😬

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PupCam said:

Bu**er!    

I knew there was something else I meant to do!

That made me think of the immmortal lines from one of Blaster Bates' stories.

40 miles there, 40 miles back, sh1t myself and left the lens cap on.

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sidecar Racer said:

The main picture in this report is very clear . The bus has come from the direction

that the police car is parked , and that's quite a high kerb .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-64301329

I see that the police marked out the course of the bus before it toppled.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Ah!  But I've just been on (another) cleaning spree and found another 0.5G.   Hopefully that will be enough 🤞

Stacking 157 out of 166 files.   54 minutes and 25s remaining ....  😬

Can I plead ignorance and ask what is happening in this stacking?  The only stacking I have come across is taking a handful of photographs at different focus points to increase depth of field.  Is that what you are doing here?   I understand that the distances involved are huge, as are the number of stars out there, but can a telescope make that number of fine adjustments of focus in a single frame? Remember, you are talking to an idiot whose frame of reference is a camera lens where everything over a  few tens of yards is infinity.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. According to the forecasters it was going to be another cold night but the thingy at the bottom of my screen is showing +2 degrees Celsius??? It feels a bit warmer as well. Now back to Farcebook.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

That made me think of the immmortal lines from one of Blaster Bates' stories.

40 miles there, 40 miles back, sh1t myself and left the lens cap on.

Jamie

I seem to recall that that happened to Winston Link when they were making a documentary about him.  He'd got all his rare magnesium flashbulbs set up for one final shot and then ...

• Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, PupCam said:

It worked! 😆

So, I took 272 images and selected (well, the software selected) the best 60% of them to stack.

Here is a typical image from that selection.   To give you an idea of the size of the field of view of the telescope, a dotted circle has been added to indicate the relative size of the moon.  

1288992910_SampleimageMoon.jpg.fe9e0647a65276812a4334865c2e5fc9.jpg

I've quickly (and roughly) processed the resultant stacked image to bring out all of the detail that has actually been extracted by the stacking process.   

If you look carefully you can make out the patterns that are just about visible in the single image.

1485885427_BasicStackedImageProcessed1Small.jpg.efeb1a75ef48a4f1b43b239b4e2d6711.jpg

Looking at just one of the source photographs or indeed looking through the telescope (remember it's essentially a low cost beginners job) you wouldn't believe there was so much to see in a light poluted back garden in Puppershire!

Fortunately I've lost my hat so I won't be able to eat it after all ....

And on that note, I bid you goodnight!

Alan

Given that result , you should be able to get some decent Milky Way shots, without even using the telescope if its possible to bypass the telescopes  lens but  still utilise its tracking movement . A wide angle lens on the camera will get a decent swathe which gives a more impressive result than a zoomed in section (unless you are going for individual nebulae, galaxies, clusters etc.... ) .

July is the best time when Scorpio is visible since you are looking straight into the thickest part of the galaxy there, but  its worth giving it a burl now if possible anyway.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1