The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I thought I could detect a draught  and I was wondering where it came from. A few minutes ago I went out to take in the waste food container, it was then that I found that I hadn't given the extra key turn on the double deadlock to close the seals on the front door. The door is now properly closed and no draughts. Its blowing a real hooly out there at the moment and thats more likely to affect tonights firework display than the rain. There was an item on the BBC London news about tonights fireworks that have apparently been placed on barges floating on the River Thames.

• Like 19

11 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear (having been listening to the first four Harry Potter Books repeatedly via Alexa whilst doing the Lounge & H/S/L refurbs) was rather hoping they'd be shown again - and they weren't.

They were here. My son and I ended up watching the end of Deathly Hallows II in the wee hours of Christmas morning.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

Well, we're now into 2023 here, so Happy New Year to y'all!!! I hope 2023 will be full of good fortune and happiness and that things in the world will improve!

What won tonight’s lottery then?

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Today would have been my mums 103rd birthday. Hardly a day goes by without thinking about her although she died 35 years ago.

I haven't had my jabs yet. Its not apathy but the venue (the local Boots) is inaccessible to me and when I mentioned it all they sent me was a list of alternatives, those I tried were fully booked and many were to far away. The previous two jabs I received a notification and were held in places that were easily accessible. This year  all that I got was an e-mail reminder to get jabbed with a link to book the jab and the times and places which as I said above were not suitable.

Sorry that you have not been able to get your entitled right.  Do know the problem as early on was given Birmingham places that were out of the question to reach.  Where we are now had quite a period when anyone of the right age or need could just turn up as many notified were not appearinkg.

Polymer - yes, agree your comment on my 'apathy' groan re: vacination

Will not be seeing the New Year in on this wet and very windy day. but wishing everybody a better 2023 than 2022.

Unintentional but today is the very first day since living here that I have not even been outside. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Darlington_Shed said:

you look like you're on your knees there. Second bottle?

More a case of getting me in line with the kitchen bench to get everything in shot!  Raasay isn’t that easy to find so yes this is my second bottle but that’s in three years not just tonight!!! 

• Like 17
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Darlington_Shed said:

Brave man... I doubt I'd be able to get up again!

Oh I wasn’t planning on getting up again. Not until mid-morning anyway!!! 

• Like 13
  • Funny 2