The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

In many US constituencies*, there is a run-off election of the top two candidates, should no candidate reach the 50% threshold.

* Voting is run by the states and each may have their own rules for how the election is run.

The law of unintended consequences intervenes here of course as it does with literally *any* approach to voting. The run-off does ensure a majority vote.

Bet those Georgians got sick of voting over the last couple of years.

• Like 6
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Some unkind British expats have vouchsafed that British embassies, consulates and missions remain firmly entrenched in the age of the White £5 Note…

And I certainly remember seeing some of those ... but unfortunately not mine!.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Why am I doubting that it’s an artisanal pizza, made with real San Marzano tomato sauce, real mozzarella, funghi porcini, prosciutto cotto, cooked in a wood fired oven? 🤣

I think you may have had a lucky and narrow escape there, @Winslow Boy

🤑

Napolina Pizza Base

Co-op Tomato Puree

Lidl Tinned Chopped Toms.

Lidl Grated Mozzarella

Tesco Stilton Cheese

Occasionally an egg in the middle

And maybe some bits of smoked ham bunged on top (the cheap stuff in a packet).

And to finish it off, some of Bear's very own home-made Chilli Oil.

And a Miele Oven, no less.

What's not to like? 😃

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Forgot to mention earlier that before the rugby I watched my favourite Christmas film, Scrooge with Albert Finney. The other day I watched the old Alistair Sim version which I really like as well.  Got Patrick Stewart's offering recorded but will pass on George C. Scott.

Bah,  Humbug! 

Bear's favourite is the Muppet version.  True class.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Today has been quiet and relaxing, totally different to yesterday high was busy although not so noisy. Sheila Ava and I spent most of the day either chatting or reading, but always relaxing, but either way, it was most welcome. Vickie Ian and the rest joined us late afternoon and we enjoyed even more chatting. She also brought us a lemon and almond pavlova that she’d made this morning. We had a slice each after tea tonight and very nice it was too, This was followed by a nice bottle of Zinfandel 

• Like 19