The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I went out like a light last night despite Arthur Itis. I'd stripped the bed ready for some clean sheets but Arthur Itis prevented me from remaking it so last night I slept on the bare mattress with just a couple of pillows, no problem with the CH on. My rash is still there so I dialled 111 and spoke to them about it, they think it may be shingles which is a surprise as I had the shingles jab just over a year ago. I have no pain but it itches like mad, I don't feel ill at all so its only the itching to contend with.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Here in the northwest corner of England, the rain has stopped, the sun is shining and the sky is blue, there is a slight breeze and the temperature is currently 7C. So, I’m hoping to get a little bit of work done in the garden, something I’ve not done for almost 2 weeks now. The frost has made the leaves on the hydrangeas go very limp, so they will all be removed as well as some rose flowers that have turned brown due to the frost and as always at this time of year, there are some leaves to sweep up. I’ll then clean out the bird feeders and then top them up, this will probably take the entire morning. 

The plan for after dinner is to stock up the recently assembled small storage unit in the workshop. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 17

1 hour ago, polybear said:

SPECIAL BEARY ANNOUNCEMENT

Come to Bear's Sanding Party - 9am onwards at Bear Towers.  Bring yer own Sandpaper.  Tea n' Jammie Dodgers provided (I may even break out the Choccy Ones too).  Entertainment laid on - Alexa reading Harry Potter Book 3.  Be there or be square.....

42 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Sorry Bear, but sock drawer needs tidying, but good luck.

Sorry Bear, but I’m washing my hair….

• Funny 15

Just a drive-by posting today: partly because I’m discovering new bruises in new places from last week’s falls. Today it’s my right wrist (no sniggering in the back) - so minimal typing is in order.

Finally, I’m now getting on RMWeb video ads for that Netflix fantasy series starring Harry and Meghan. Quite frankly, I wish @Andy Y would bring back the Crypto Currency ads: much, much more enjoyable….

I won’t comment further as it would put me on the “naughty step”

Enjoy Tuesday

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Come to Bear's Sanding Party - 9am onwards at Bear Towers.  Bring yer own Sandpaper.  Tea n' Jammie Dodgers provided (I may even break out the Choccy Ones too).  Entertainment laid on - Alexa reading Harry Potter Book 3.  Be there or be square.....

Sorry, I can’t make it either, I’ve got a few roses to dead head.

• Like 4
  • Funny 10

Its Tuesday night here so I've missed it already. Hope it went well.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I always used to reckon that in the UK restaurant Chinese food was much better than takeaway, as witnessed by the price differential; on the other hand, a curry was exactly the same, so less of a differential to sit in. It's harder to ascertain locally now; when I moved to Sidcup there were three sit down Chinese restaurants on the High Street or by the station (and one came a few years later), and four curry houses. Now there are no Chinese restaurants and five curry houses (and a Sri Lankan restaurant). 

I realised that the restaurant that jjb1970 mentioned the other day in London (Rasa Sayang) is on my "to eat at" list. At the time of his post I was more reminded that it was the name of the hotel we stayed in in Penang in 1975 as we began the long and circuitous journey back to Paddock Wood!.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, polybear said:

Sorry Bear the weather has improved and I've resumed outside operations.

I am available to Zoom the party though.

Yours 

A fellow staircase refurbisher.

• Like 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The comments about Chinese and Indian cuisine set me thinking. Both nations have a vast land area means that different areas have there own style of cuisine. For instance Punjabi cuisine is probably quite different from Bangladeshi cuisine but each could legitimately called 'Indian'. If you want genuine Indian food Brick Lane in London is said to be the place to go, however most of the people of Indian extraction in the area are Bangladeshi and that will be reflected in the cuisine.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Diddlesbury visited.Cheese has been bought  Dr Eldest Herbert is now back here.

White van drivers are now only allowed to drive at 68mph on the M62 apparently..pah!

Th crest of the day is now my own apparently.. time to check some Danish designed wiring as it seems to be illogicaly connected. PAH!

TTFN

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

I realised that the restaurant that jjb1970 mentioned the other day in London (Rasa Sayang) is on my "to eat at" list.

I am not sure where she ate dim sum yesterday but we received a nice photo of Aditi’s sister eating them. It was her birthday  and her younger son and his partner who are visiting from Switzerland gave her a mystery tour round central London that included a Chinese lunch and a trip round the National Gallery. Our nephew’s partner’s first degree was in art so it was a well informed visit. It was great fun on Sunday when they wouldn’t tell SiL where they were planning to go. SiL is very much a need to know, plan everything thoroughly in advance sort of person. 
Tony

• Like 19