The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, polybear said:

so fired up the Templot programme, with the aim of getting my furry ar5e in gear and FINALLY making a serious effort at learning how to drive it.
wrong"

Plan B (different thread) was produced in Templot.

Edited by AndyID
Corked up
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 5

6 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

If you read on a phone turn it sideways (landscape view) and they should appear 

Nah my laptop doesnt show them either, I tried turning that sideways earlier and Gary the Parrot slid off it onto the floor. when I left he was still piss3d off.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, southern42 said:

' morning all from red dragon land.

Still some of the white stuff around, especially on higher ground.

1.3C at present

I know exactly how you feel. It was literally only 26.7 degrees warmer on my drive to work just now.  (we pay for this subtropicallness later though with severe storms forecast for this arvo.....) 

image.png.2ac7cd26dc489d919a794db105a52ae2.png

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

9 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Nah my laptop doesnt show them either, I tried turning that sideways earlier and Gary the Parrot slid off it onto the floor. when I left he was still piss3d off.

And my PC here at work doesnt show them either....

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Bear has......snow.....

About 1.5 - 2 inches so far, and still going - but slowly.  Not exactly a repeat of '63 just yet.

Tea tonite was.....ReadyBrek (o.k, a rip-off version of R.B.);  I stocked up with numerous packets of it during the first lockdown when people were going nutz in the shops - it can be made with water instead of milk at a pinch (though it's not as nice, but still ok) and I figured that if things started getting really serious then I might be very glad of it.  Bung a few Sultanas in it (= 1 of 5 a day) and you can live on it.

Edited by polybear
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

And my PC here at work doesnt show them either....

I think it is a user option rather than a device option. I have accidentally turned them off before, but offhand I can’t remember how I restored them. I think it was easier to stop them appearing than get them back. I will look at the menus and see if anything reminds me. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I think it is a user option rather than a device option. I have accidentally turned them off before, but offhand I can’t remember how I restored them. I think it was easier to stop them appearing than get them back. I will look at the menus and see if anything reminds me. 

Just found it under the signature settings in my profile. All good now, I had signatures ok last week not sure how that got changed, I blame Gary The Parrot  - he trudges across my keyboard and my screen goes to portrait, or my language goes to Sanskrit or all my windows go tiny - it always takes me ages to reverse engineer his footsteps.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

6 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Very photogenic over Woodhead

Something seems to be wrong with the colour in your photograph. 😉

It made me think of volcanoes.

Although the sky here doesn't look any different right now and even the distant firs look monochrome.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 10

28 minutes ago, polybear said:

Not exactly a repeat of '63 just yet.

Finally got around to watching the Big Freeze of 63 documentary this afternoon and was struck by the innocence of childhood. I had no idea about the effects on the country... to me, it was a few days off school and the greatest adventure of my life. Put me in the mood for more snow-related telly so I watched the first episode of Frozen Planet II. Also enjoyable but things aren't looking great for Polybears 😕

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I think I’ve sweated the fever out, had some tablets and water, sweat pouring off me and now I feel a lot better, seen it have a bit of rumbling in my ears though

bit worried about the weather tomorrow, I’ve got to drive to nuneaton in the afternoon to pick up my train, work it north then it’s a drive back from Carlisle at 22:30 which I’m a bit worried about, I might see if I can get a hotel in Carlisle instead if it looks dodgy, only issue is I’m working Tuesday evening out if Mountsorrel and as there are no trains is still have to drive back the next day, strangely there is no snow at all in crewe but appears to be quite heavy not too far away (crewe has its own micro climate thanks to the Cheshire plain and Peak District mountains)

EDIT: just started snowing in the last 10 minutes 

6D8FE675-0C36-41F0-9C97-1637F8C2F6DF.jpeg.cc79b4f18446b9f5f97949735c4dddce.jpeg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

11 minutes ago, big jim said:

I think I’ve sweated the fever out, had some tablets and water, sweat pouring off me and now I feel a lot better, seen it have a bit of rumbling in my ears though

bit worried about the weather tomorrow, I’ve got to drive to nuneaton in the afternoon to pick up my train, work it north then it’s a drive back from Carlisle at 22:30 which I’m a bit worried about, I might see if I can get a hotel in Carlisle instead if it looks dodgy, only issue is I’m working Tuesday evening out if Mountsorrel and as there are no trains is still have to drive back the next day, strangely there is no snow at all in crewe but appears to be quite heavy not too far away (crewe has its own micro climate thanks to the Cheshire plain and Peak District mountains)

EDIT: just started snowing in the last 10 minutes 

6D8FE675-0C36-41F0-9C97-1637F8C2F6DF.jpeg.cc79b4f18446b9f5f97949735c4dddce.jpeg

Not snowing here in Manc land big jim Can't guarantee how long that will last though.

• Like 13

54 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Something seems to be wrong with the colour in your photograph. 😉

It made me think of volcanoes.

Although the sky here doesn't look any different right now and even the distant firs look monochrome.

It looks to me like the place they went to film every "alien planet" episode of 1970's Dr Who, Space 1999,  Blakes 7 etc....

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well despite good intentions, I never actually got any boxes shifted today. I first decided to put in the kits I bought yesterday, as well as the spare wheels I got as well. I then began box shifting, I’d got the first one in and when I went to put it in place, I remembered that I hadn’t filled in a hole between our house and our neighbours house. The hole is to let airflow between them, but it also lets in dust etc if they have any real mucky jobs done, we know this from the neighbour on the other side and the work they had done created a lot of mess in our house. There are still air bricks at the front so air will still get in, I’ve just sealed both neighbours houses off from ours. I was hoping to put up some plasterboard off cuts if Ian had any suitable bits from when he did Ava’s bedroom, but he used up all the big bits. So, the box was taken back out and I sorted through the small pile of bricks and found 4 suitable ones to file the holes. After dinner I cemented them in place, I just need to paint over them and I can then resume the box shifting.

Although I’m going to take a few days off as my right thumb is really giving me a bit of grief. I’ve know idea what I’ve done and I don’t know why it’s bothering, I’m right handed so it’s not like I’ve hit it with a hammer or anything. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14