The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Co-codamol before bed put Arthur Itis in his place and I had a good night last night and apart from some stiffness not much trouble this morning.

3 hours ago, AndyID said:

Just a cute little doggie looking for some shelter.

You probably saw the BBC(?) prog some years ago about how they selectively bred foxes in Russia and after a couple of generations the offspring of the tamer ones behaved just like dogs. And, the breeding also resulted in them looking less like foxes and more like dogs, that was the strangest bit for me.

I remember the program, it was the silver fox that had been trapped/hunted for their fur, they then started breeding them in captivity. The problem with that was they are a very aggressive animal, the presenter was warned under no circumstances to even put a finger into the cages if you wanted to keep all your fingers. They tried to breed out the aggressiveness but the offspring produced came out with tan and white fur instead of the coveted silver.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All!

9 hours ago, AndyID said:

A spoil-sport might point out that it's not necessary to create a light-tight interface between the tube and the lens holder but I'm not going to do that 😀

Indeed not but it does need to be rigid .......

I don't think there's any argument that that lump of Ali is not going to be rigid!  😀

In Other News

Multi-quote still not working.    I started to inspect the source code;  something to do with a  Firefox Bug and the Google Ads server.   Well sorry, I just can't be ar..... to try and solve it as it's not my Circus!

Being a fully paid-up member now although it doesn't seem to have rippled through to RMWeb yet I thought I'd take a look using Edge.    Well I got the infernal DigiTrains video big scale which I've never seen before on the PC (because I use Firefox ....?).    That really, really, really isn't a smart marketing strategy in my opinion and every time I see that blxxdy video makes me more and more determined to not make use of their services!

I'd forgotten, we have a lunch appointment today so the completion of the Crayford Focuser mounting plate will be delayed a bit.   Can't wait to bolt it on and have a proper look at it though😀.      As practical work is out of the question this morning perhaps I'll spend some time thinking about those bearing mounts.  Oh yes, got to finish off today's Wordle too 🤔

Have a good one.

TTFNQ

Alan

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I was going to watch the Pakistan v England cricket but it had been delayed due to illness for a day, so hopefully on Friday

It has started on time after all and has been... errm... interesting.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday  @grandadbob.. May your drivelling continue for many years to come!

@Tony_S good batting, variable bowling flat pitch...

Harry Brook thinks he playing a 50 overs per side game.  

Cards have been written, more to do. Then a bit of hoovering to do. Then.. sound fitting...

Baz

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1