The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

You forgot a couple.

• Rain didn't meet our stringent safety standards - so was returned.
  • Rain was left at the reservoir next door

And the obligatory

* You were out so we returned

the rain to the reservoir.

• Like 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

I have a note.

Of dubious origin - the presence of a hoof print being an obvious clue as to your partner in crime....

Bear here....

Several hours of fun priming various areas of wall (coving & cracks to be filled) - now completed.  That'll be a tick.  It looks like I've run out of excuses - tomorrow will see coving time.

Din dins done, so now it'll be MIUABGA - paperwork and also backing up the laptop to various external drives for safety in case it should decide to die unexpectedly.  That's the plan, anyway.

• Like 6
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Road travel

A long time ago...we used to visit our parents, diagonally down via a chippy in Kidderminster to west of London. On a good day, it would take 7 1/4 hours. As bypasses became the fashion, the time decreased by +/-2 hours. As the M54 came into being to Telford, we went via the M6. Fine for a bit but the last time we took the M6, we spent the 2 hour saving stuck on the motorway! Now we contemplate the Toll Road.

Now, I really must go and put the light on, etc... 

Edited by southern42
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, southern42 said:

Now we contemplate the Toll Road.

I use it every time for M40/M42 to M6 or A38 (but not vice-versa in the latter case; in the southbound direction the A446 from Bassetts Pole gives a clear run to the M42, though there's usually a long tail-back northbound).

But M54 to / from the M6 Toll is a bit awkward.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I remember one family holiday, travelling from Kent to Broadhaven. It was long before the M25 (in fact it was the glorious summer of 76). 

My sister and I were got up very early and we travelled in our jim jams. Breakfast was at my Dad's Aunt in Cwmbran. (so probably 4 hours travelling as it took forever before we found any motorway). The rest of the day was taken getting to Broadhaven. My Dad forgot his razor blades so he grew a beard! It also started to finally rain while were down there so south Wales was much greener on the way back!

• Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Erichill16 said:

As readers of ER will know we’re getting a dog on Sunday and been out looking for dog toys and came across these two ‘characters’!

C1F69103-B08D-4737-B8CE-886454345025.jpeg.344c947c21b90848107fbdd084bd0b45.jpeg

They do kind of remind me of a couple of ‘characters’ on here.

Dog Toy?  DOG TOY??

• Agree 3
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

12 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

in a QLD Bunnings earlier in the week

That doesn't look like a native, though I suppose it could be one of many native pythons.

I'm no expert on snakes but it puts me in mind of a Burmese Python* (and looks full too). 

* An invasive pest in the Florida Everglades. They are devastating the ecosystem there. An 18 footer was found recently with a whole 5' alligator inside. (Lot's of gross photographs online.)

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

23 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

That doesn't look like a native.

I'm no expert on snakes but it puts me in mind of a Burmese Python* (and looks full too). 

* An invasive pest in the Florida Everglades. They are devastating the ecosystem there. An 18 footer was found recently with a whole 5' alligator inside. (Lot's of gross photographs online.)

Given its location I'd have said Spotted Python - its illegal to import or  keep non-native snakes  , so I'm assuming it'd have to be a wild  Aussie one. 

(tis also illegal to keep pretty much any native wildlife, except under license and with specimens that have been captive bred).

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Actually, googled Bunnings  snake   and found this...  Bloody internet news sites -  Ive got to do the work for them! 

image.png.f9d9f4709e91a493594cc0800b065dde.png

So that’s how you get your fun in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

9 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Its all we have til the ashes start.

What it's raining ashes now is it.

We had that from an Icelandic volcano. They're be grounding all of the planes next so you'll just have the wu flu cruise passengers to deal with. 

• Funny 12