The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

I made myself a Bloody Maria, it’s basically a Bloody Mary, but made with tequila instead of vodka, something I’ve not had before. At best I’d describe it as interesting, but I think it’s a complete waste of tequila, the flavours just don’t compliment each other

I'd concur on the Bloody Maria, having said that, a 'good' sipping Tequila, neat, with a Sangrita* chaser is excellent and traditional.

* Tomato juice, orange and lime juice with a dash of hot sauce, salt and pepper.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

5 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

The cynic in me again wonders if  that is less an anti-theft measure and more a response to auto manufacturers lobbyists  who want to dry up a source of cheap second hand car parts!

When those parts are taken from functioning cars in an electric saw grab and dash, (like catalytic converters) the ability to tie dodgy scrap metal dealers with specific thefts might help a bit. Right now there's no easy way to build a case against the scrap dealers.

• Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Last nights rain has stopped falling from the sky, but there are a lot of dark clouds to be seen, with the occasional spot of sunshine. Today I’m making a start on framing some of the prints that I got frames for a few weeks ago, as the 3 frames that I squared up are now ready to be used. 

After dinner charlie is calling round for his weekly model making session, so that’s the afternoon sorted then. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

IIRC the earliest Fiascos with the Ecoboost engine had the issues, related to overheating, due to the 'steam port' (who knew?) being incorrectly placed in the block. Later ones were OK. The automatics (in Focii too) however have a terrible reputation, in Aus I think a 'class action' was undertaken to recover costs against the Getrag 'Powersh!tshift box due to juddering issues and clutch pack failures.  I don't know about Fiascos, but IIRC the later Focii went back to a torque converter auto.   

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Plan B - I'll drive down there and present myself at the Pharmacy window.    There's every chance I could be there and back in under 15 minutes.

Yes Plan B worked, proving Mondogs travel faster than electrons maybe ......

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 3