The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Sidney looks decidedly un impressed, Is Sidney's brother a wookie?

One major system handed back, resistor unit done..

Weather radar says we are out of the worst of it, t'was very heavy earlier..

A resin printer is looking more and more likely.. Been studying all the threads on such things carefully.

I've a feeling all the banks are the same and getting registered with a new one while not giving away your shoe size will be difficult.

• Like 15
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Moderna Bivalent?  Bear had the same - disappeared after a day or so.

Pfizer Bivalent.

But reassuring to know that it could well be the cause ... thanks.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
Just now, BoD said:

Pfizer Bivalent.

But reassuring to know that it could well be the cause ... thanks.

I had the Pfizer Bivalent (jab number 6) and flu jabs at the same time, one in each arm.  Just felt a bit “odd” for a couple of days. The previous  Moderna seemed to have a few of the more common side effects but nothing awful. 
After her recent Moderna bivalent Aditi felt unwell for a few days and basically hibernated until she felt better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Oh well the Westminster pantomime starts again. How depressingly boring all the hot air coming out of the Commons chamber from both sides should be captured and used to heat London

Never fear - the latest is that Bojo "is expected" to stand for Leader of the C0ckwombles Party.....🤣

(Yes, really - Bear isn't joking).

edit:  Oh, hang on a mo - it appears he's on his Hols in the Carribean....will he want to come back for a bash at being Top Doggie again?  Answers on a postcard..... 

A bit more chassis jig planning, followed by marking out the base of the display case ready for drilling.  It's raining - a lot....

Edited by polybear
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, andyram said:

I know politics are supposed to be kept off these pages. But I could not resist posting a sneaky peak at the next Prime Minister entering number 10.....

753811993_Screenshot2022-10-20at13_55_44.png.9612ae7d0df60de93fd6d7d5c6a08fee.png

Personally, I think things are looking up....

They're keeping their options open.

image.png.b63cfa1c977ee78e69673dc568bff76b.png

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

5 hours ago, woodenhead said:

This morning though I've seen this article, not much being made of it in the news, but I do find it very odd that two undersea cables linked to the Shetlands have been damaged in recent days putting them out of use.  I do hope it is just fishing vessels and not another Nordstream 'accident'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-63326102

Many years ago I used to watch ‘NCIS’ and the lead character never believed in ‘coincidence’ and he was always right.

• Agree 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

17 hours ago, pH said:

That’s pretty bad!

It was *mostly* fog yesterday morning.

17 hours ago, pH said:

At the moment, I’m having trouble seeing the tops of mountains 3 to 4 miles away across the inlet, which is bad enough. I will not be going to play soccer tomorrow morning.

This morning we hit a US AQI score of 201 - "very unhealthy". (The arbitrary threshold for "very unhealthy" is 200.) It dropped back down to 199 now, so just "unhealthy" but it's a distinction without a difference.  The US AQI score for Port Moody right now is 122 (unhealthy for sensitive groups).

It's not as nasty as with the Labor Day fire in Santiam Canyon in 2000, but very unpleasant. So far, the television meteorologists have been unwavering about rain tomorrow and Saturday. An onshore push ahead of the rain is expected tonight. We really need some onshore air movement and, of course, the rain. It's been four months since we had any 'soaking' rain.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

22 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Many years ago I used to watch ‘NCIS’ and the lead character never believed in ‘coincidence’ and he was always right.

Auric Goldfinger:

Mr. Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: 'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action. '

• Like 5
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Only the odd rumble from Arthur Itis this afternoon and I've noticed that the numbness and tingling feeling only happens in his presence. And now he's back again, time to break out the co-codamol.

• Friendly/supportive 19

2 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Whatever Tony Benn's faults may have been, he was an enthusiastic parliamentarian. 

Tony Benn, like most politicians of that era (on both sides of the house) were individuals who had had “real jobs“, many had served with distinction during World War II (or Korea) and their politics were shaped by their life experiences, family and friends and not by some stupid  £#@&@*& focus group who tell politicians nowadays if they should come in out of the rain or if they should open an umbrella….

And politicians nowadays? Mostly spotty young SPADS with a PPE from somewhere who have done a little bit of LIGHT political consultancy work and then get shoehorned into a safe seat….

• Like 1
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, andyram said:

Clearly fate, the universe, the well known law of s*d, or other powers that be decided that this was a good time to hit me with Covid! The result - several days in bed including having to pull out of the Wirksworth Show last weekend.

Sorry to hear you have caught Covid - I wonder if it was from our show two weeks earlier although I haven't heard of any of our club members suffering. Hope you are soon feeling better.

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

The bizarre sight of a stockcar racing site in what I thought was the middle of the countryside

My son once raced there and we went to watch his first time out in a clapped out repainted pink Ford Fiesta. He was at the back of the grid as a beginner and got as far as the first corner when his car stopped, and they had to 'red flag' the race to push him out of the way. Distributor lead had come off the coil. A couple of races later the same day, he had got the hang of it and was actually passing a few more experienced racers. A few weeks later he won his first race.

1 hour ago, Erichill16 said:

He also used a well known saying from a John Wayne film (She wore a yellow ribbon says Google) "Don't apologise, it's a sign of weakness" which seems rather appropriate given the coming and going in Downing Street over the last few days !!

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 7

5 hours ago, TheQ said:

I'm going to look at 3d Printers..

For 250 pounds you should be able to get either an Anycubic Mono 4K or an Elegoo Mars 3 and have a bit of change to spend on the resin, IPA, gloves etc....

Top tip - all things being equal, go for the one with the biggest build area, every mm counts!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

7 hours ago, TheQ said:

I've a feeling all the banks are the same and getting registered with a new one while not giving away your shoe size will be difficult.

Contrived terrorism paranoia became a great excuse for the previous government  to data harvest Australia by upping all the information we have to provide when opening bank accounts, getting  mobile SIM cards etc. When the inevitable data breach/hack occurred last month, the 40% of Australians who are customers of the affected Telco - Optus - have had major disruptions and inconvenience having to apply for new drivers licences and passports to the tune of several hundred dollars cost, as well as changing bank passwords, cancelling credit cards etc.

Made especially galling because the potential threat and cost of a  terrorist incident is  miniscule compared to the actual probability and costs of disasters here caused by climate change which the same government was at pains to deny, downplay and ignore.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

51 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Contrived terrorism paranoia

Australian sympathy pains for the Patriot Act* 

* Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT) Act of 2001

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1