The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

I was up a little later than usual, having nodded off just after the radio came on, some alarm eh? The plan was to go outside and plant some more bulbs, but it’s just started raining, so that’s not going to happen now. However, my first task is to drag out the washing machine and try and find where the occasional small puddles are coming from. We’ve only had this machine a few weeks and the water only appears spasmodically. so I don’t think it’s a fault with it. Last time this occurred, the outflow pipework, which it shares with the dishwasher was clogged up, I’m hoping it’s that again, as it’s an easy fix. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Donk tells me he has entered an Entente Cordiale,

Captain Cynical Industries GmbH (Switzerland) and Donk Services PLC (IoM) are pleased to announce the creation of a new joint venture: CaptainDonk LLC.

Expressly set up to leverage the technological cutting-edge advances of Donk Services PLC (electronics) and the threat awareness identification and neutralisation expertise of CCI GmbH’s security arm Throat Ripper & Emasculator Inc,  CaptainDonk LLC will be based on the Isle of Man and will be helmed by @New Haven Neil as CEO with @iL Dottore taking a backseat role on the board of directors as special portfolio advisor.

Their first, much awaited, products will be an impregnable cake safe (rated as up to 150 polybear proof*) and a matter converter which uses Area 51 nano technology to take waste material (such as baked beans) and convert it to a desirable output (such as black pudding or sausages). The initial, basic, model (baked beans to black pudding converter) will be in the shops by Christmas - as will the very, very limited edition “Water Into Single Malt” Converter.

The roll out of these desirable products will be accompanied by an advertising campaign with the strapline “Don’t Be A Plonker, Be A Donker

Finally, to show CaptainDonk LLC commitment to the community, our CEO @New Haven Neilwill be chairing a task force entitled  “Diabetes – the Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth“ which will be preparing free up-to-date cutting-edge-knowledge educational packages for distribution across the nation.

* which means there is a slight chance of it being opened by the combined efforts of at least 150 Polybears (which in Imperial measurements is about 95 Hippos)

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Oi! The ones down here have a great  appreciation for art, here they are on the weekend glued to a Picasso in Melbourne.

1500.jpg.9a5346b9718e039a00adc4e00848498d.jpg

I do wish that those targeted would take a much harder line and go for seizure of assets (or future assets) to pay for all damage.  No assets?  Ok, money from benefits instead.  Oh yes, and chop their arms off above the elbow.

7 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Accordingly, after about 5 minutes of deep thought, I present you with iD’s Instant Observational Trauma and Pain Scale for Men (AKA the iDIOT-PM Scale)

1. it’s nothing
  2. (mild) ouch! Don’t fuss, I’ve had worse
  3. (moderate) oh sh1t, oh sh1t, that hurts
  4. (severe) f**k, f**k, I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die (also “make it stop, make it stop”)
  5. (fatal) I told you it was serious

Bear suggests a 4A:

"Shoot me"

Bear here......

Loft surround sanded then first top coat applied.  Tick.  Washing done.  Tick.  The next College project planned - involving the purchase of ally angle & channel from the 'bay.  Mods. to a certain Chassis Construction Jig are involved......

In other news......

@Kelly A post on the "Wright Writes" board mentions that the Lift at the GETS exhibition this year was u/s, so no access to the upper level other than via stairs unfortunately;  if the lift was u/s then the Organisers should've posted a sign at the entrance accordingly - though that isn't a great help if you've travelled any distance to get to the show.

Edited by polybear
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Co-op raided.  Tick

And what was a certain Bear exposed to whilst watchin' the box last night?  No, not that......much, much worse........

A Chrimbo Advert 😱  That's all we need.

And on the front page of "The Daily Star" today? (No, Bear doesn't read it - I was freebie scanning the front pages on the news stand outside the Co-op):

"On-line Scammer cheats lovestruck Woman out of £27K by claiming to be an Astronaut and saying he needed the money for landing fees for his Rocket"  

I dunno what's funnier - that story, or the fact that someone was (apparently) dumb enough to fall for it  🤣

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, TheQ said:

image.png.4a19238cb5adf5e5a724057b8679ef30.pngimage.png.0a87927e704b768f42f18cdb400b2a58.pngimage.png.ec16fa38421fe0058d83131b2859dbe4.pngimage.png.426c4d69812eb83a38f2c77cfa6300b7.pngimage.png.3480cb235ad0001ea61c194d85b66148.pngI've just put my notice of retirement inimage.png.e201897e6bc5e8043dfb03addc656a47.pngimage.png.6bdc29865f89ba12ec9cd4e97ed78a83.pngimage.png.8e17e3fbb536958f154296cc9d79ee67.pngimage.png.347e56db176a2dd661b4794a49b65f50.pngimage.png.33392ff31bcb34cb66d1c839c71a6c1f.png

Awww, no more calibration posts. 😿😿😿😿

I would love to see the looks on your mangers' faces when they read that! 😺

• Like 6
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Blood . Let. Weight and height... measured... blood pressure ..taken (125 over 65), pulse..strong,  ...snip...

Baz

Mine was 120/75 pulse 60 this morning, lower than it has been (by a little) for quite a while; I take mine daily.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

45 minutes ago, TheQ said:

My  local manager already knew, he's one of the good guys.. Higher up?

You've still go around 35 working days of my calibration posts, my rough estimate is last day on site is middle of December depending on how much leave I have left.

You could carry on with them anyway - I am sure the detail passes over the heads of most of us but it is part of the gentle rhythm of ERs!

• Like 5
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just had a shower of rain and it bought Arthur Itis out to dance, fortunately the Nurofen is doing its stuff. The printer isn't working, its out of cyan so its shut down. I've ordered a new cartridge, thats another £44 spent. The original cartridge came with the printer when I bought it twelve years ago. Fortunately Lexmark are apparently quite happy with people buying generic cartridges unlike some manufacturers.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Erichill16 said:

As well as visiting Singapore, we‘ve also got a visit to Oz booked. Probably as well cancelling the Singapore trip as I might not be around to appreciate it !

If you really want to live dangerously you could spend a week driving in rural Norfolk. Interesting interpretation of road junction and roundabout rules. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

Easy day had today, apart from a bit pottering and a bit reading, the only thing we did was our weekly shop.  For the first time I really noticed how prices have gone up.  Perhaps it has just been creeping up on me but today ‘how much’ was heard several times.

An easy day because from tomorrow things get busy.  

Tomorrow an extra shift running trains at an NT property (might need an FEB to fortify me for the day, will decide in the morning).  

Friday, a meet up for coffee with a couple of ex work colleagues.

Saturday, Hartlepool model railway exhibition.  

Sunday,  usual shift at NT.  

Monday and Tuesday, looking after grandson when daughter and S-I-L at work (best two days of week - even with nappy changing).  

See what I mean @TheQ  Retirement is very hard.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2