The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

NOTE: the above scale is geographically situational: for stoic Scandinavians the observed rating is increased by one grade (so a Grade 1 rating becomes a Grade 2 rating), whilst for excitable Latins the observed rating is decreased by one grade.

Need to add an 11 for soccer players who get a slight ankle tap.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 11

12 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Need to add an 11 for soccer players who get a slight ankle tap.

Surely you mean decrease by -11 so that a tiny ankle tap gets the correct (minus) rating?

Or perhaps football (soccer) players need their own rating scale (and where would “the magic sponge” [which miraculously heals all severe musculoskeletal injury] fit in to that scale?

• Like 4
  • Agree 6

7 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Surely you mean decrease by -11 so that a tiny ankle tap gets the correct (minus) rating?

Or perhaps football (soccer) players need their own rating scale (and where would “the magic sponge” [which miraculously heals all severe musculoskeletal injury] fit in to that scale?

I was adding it to your pain scale so it'd be like 

1. it’s nothing
  2. (mild) ouch! Don’t fuss, I’ve had worse
  3. (moderate) oh sh1t, oh sh1t, that hurts
  4. (severe) f**k, f**k, I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die (also “make it stop, make it stop”)
  5. (fatal) I told you it was serious

11.   Soccer players who get slight ankle tap. Apparently the worst pain known to man, poor loves.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

(severe) f**k, f**k, I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die (also “make it stop, make it stop”)

a.k.a.  A common cold.

a.k.a.  Man flu.

• Like 8
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

I really doubt that, Disneyland is in California; Walt Disney World is the one in Florida.

Cape Canaveral.

As I intimated in my original post I was in a rush yesterday and didnt  have time to check details or spelling as the heating engineer  was coming round in the morning and we had Syd, nephews and Mil to accommodate.
I also wanted to get daily duties done early so I could visit the MRC in the evening. Most things achieved and visit to club was made. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Some may say that his art is only fit for a bonfire in the first place 

Come December and he's freezin' cold he'll be regretting wasting all that heat.  Incidentally, where were the bluddy global warming protesters when you need 'em - now if they'd stopped all that nonsense then I would've been happy.

9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis was doing his dance earlier but the Nurofen is now taking effect. Mention of the news, it is reported that Poo-tin is running out of ammunition as well as soldiers, this is from GCHQ. Apparently they are using rockets at ten times the rate they can produce them.

It's when he's used the whole lot up and only has "the big ones" left then we'll need to start worrying.

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

One final thought: over a whisky and a good cigar I was chatting with my GP friend about the perfect murder - and he told me how to do it. In the 2 part process (which I won’t describe here)....

.....and quite rightly too.  A p.m. will be fine - Bear has a list** of suitable candidates.

**Bear's "Bucket List" is a list with a difference - it's more of a "F*** it List", cos' those are the last words the recipient will ever say.....🤣

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

it’s another doctor that delivers the fatal blow and as death is a possible outcome of the second part of the process anyway, such deaths go unremarked and uninvestigated…

Another Doctor??  So Bear needs to spend five years at med school first, up to my paws in blood n' guts and poo and lotsalotsa exams before I get down to the nitty gritty of despatching the scrotes?  Some plan that is.

43 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

This morning I have an appointment with the optician.  This is rather overdue (my fault) so I'm expecting to be chastised and TBH am a little concerned about my sight.

It's all that housework - extremely damaging to the male species (I'm sure iD can quote the relevant info).  Have a word with the Optician (I'd pick a guy** to do the testing if I were you) and get them to write you a note on headed paper, excusing you from all future duties.

(** Yeah yeah, I know it'll mean missing out on some foxy young lady gazing longingly into your eyes - but no pain, no gain....).

Bear here.......

Danglin' on a paint brush, preceded by firing up the Washing Machine once more.  Deep joy.  I also need to do some paperwork dross and plan a task for the next M.E. Group session.  After that it's a MIUABGA day.

And finally.....

Might be interesting - RMWeb doesn't get a mention, strangely:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/team-blog/2022/03/how-to-prepare-your-digital-life-for-when-you-die/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=11-Oct-22-ce1748b2f324ee0923c-6345d2929ab32e760b63fc1910a60217&source=CRM-MSETIP-ce1748b2f324ee0923c&utm_campaign=nt-hiya&utm_content=24

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I have a set of about 15 resistors to measure, 1 Ohm to 100 MegaOhm, exceedingly accurate resistors that is.. Each takes about half an hour.

May I ask what sort of applications require the extremely high degree of accuracy to which you measure.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

56 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

As I intimated in my original post I was in a rush yesterday and didnt  have time to check details or spelling as the heating engineer  was coming round in the morning and we had Syd, nephews and Mil to accommodate.
I also wanted to get daily duties done early so I could visit the MRC in the evening. Most things achieved and visit to club was made. 

Oops, I read your original  "Cape Cadaveral" in a way that made it sound like you had a bad head cold.  Nice to know that's not the case, I have withdrawn my sympathy heart.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 17

56 minutes ago, polybear said:

Come December and he's freezin' cold he'll be regretting wasting all that heat.  Incidentally, where were the bluddy global warming protesters when you need 'em - now if they'd stopped all that nonsense then I would've been happy.

Oi! The ones down here have a great  appreciation for art, here they are on the weekend glued to a Picasso in Melbourne.

1500.jpg.9a5346b9718e039a00adc4e00848498d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Another Doctor??  So Bear needs to spend five years at med school first, up to my paws in blood n' guts and poo and lotsalotsa exams before I get down to the nitty gritty of despatching the scrotes?  Some plan that is.

Nope. Once the plan has been hatched and the ball started rolling, any doctor, anywhere would deliver the fatal blow (so to speak) just by doing his/her job properly and following the guidelines for treating any patient with "X"

Y'know - in terms of dastardly cunning yet fiendish simplicity, the two step process is such a beauty - even Captain Cynical has to step back and whistle in admiration....

• Like 10
  • Funny 3

7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Passing a kidney stone is definitely number 4 on the list. Its the nearest a man can experience to giving birth, and thats according to two ladies of my acquaintance who have had both experiences, I don't have to tell you how I know.

According to those "in the biz" there are two types of intense and severe pain: the first - is when you're afraid you're going to die, and the second is where you hope you're going to die...

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

According to those "in the biz" there are two types of intense and severe pain: the first - is when you're afraid you're going to die, and the second is where you hope you're going to die...

I believe most of the Australian animals  do the second, before actually causing it.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 13