The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

By that's an early one for you, these days Gordon.biggrin.gif

I've just done the first 'workers' run. Clear skies, no further snow, but -6C. Took a while to de-ice things and then I had to clear the car too.

Morning all.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

It is dry and slightly above freezing here so the snow forecast for the night seems to have gone elsewhere.

I'll take Matthew to the bank again today. We went yesterday so he could close his account and take the money over to his new bank. He presents debit card, passport and and bank statement to prove identity and address. Because the debit card doesn't work they won't accept his ID to collect his money and now suggest he writes a letter. It turns out the problem is that things don't match as they have put his birthday incorrectly on their system so it doesn't match his ID. Matthew's passport is the latest type and his photo even looks like him but the bank manager said it could be anybody(passport got him in and out of the US this summer!)and they have "procedures to follow". I retorted that they also had his money and it was their mistakes that were causing the problem. It turns out he could withdraw some money on a signature and did that and we'll go back and he can do the same today and repeat it until Christmas Eve until the account is almost empty. Fortunately the new bank were friendly and efficient!

Tony

Morning all!

Hope everyone is well this very cold morning.

During this cold spell, i've realised that where i work is not the best place during the cold. We keep the main door open all the time.

the other day it was 60C! lord knows how cold its gonna be today

Anyway these things are sent to try us and there are worse things that can happen.

All the best for Christmas and the New year.

• RMweb Gold

S'pect you've thought about it Tony, but can't Matthew just transfer the money into your account or even into his new account via internet banking transfer?

Sounds like a real b*ggers muddle...

I did think of that. However Matthew can't set internet banking up on the old account as Barclays requires him to enter his birthday on the confirmation screen and they seem to have some other date set up. (His new bank account is working both in the bank and online.) Today I'm going to get Matthew to tell them them that they are knowingly storing incorrect personal data and have a duty to correct it. Matthew was quite calm during all the exchanges yesterday. Apparently he picks a historical figure and imagines how they would have dealt with the situation. Yesterdays choice apparently was Stalin.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Probably the same here in urban areas, Don.

I know they break tree branches in Regents Park just with the weight of numbers.

However, they are very attractive birds in smaller numbers.

Quite clever too.

Apparently all the starlings in the US were imports from the UK. I think we swapped them for grey squirrels.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Yesterdays snow is turning to delightful slush in these parts. Still some of the crisp and even, though not deep, variety in evidence but I don't give it long. A day in the home office is called for again I think especially as I seem to have developed a cold, sniff. Have a good and careful one all.

Cheers

Dave

Don't let it become a habit.

Or somebody will have to (con)vent their anger.

Actually, with the current conversations I am reminded of a joke.

Two nuns are sitting at the traffic lights in a Mini, when, suddenly, the devil falls out of the sky and lands on the bonnet.

"Quick, show him your cross" says one nun.

At which point the other one leans out of the window and shouts...

"Get off my $%&?§ bonnet!"

I'll get me coat :rolleyes:

• RMweb Gold

Well surprisingly all went well with the bankers this morning. Someone who wasn't the manager but seemed to know what she was doing sorted it all out, gave Matthew his money and we crossed the road to the new bank where he was made very welcome!

Robbie can have his delayed morning walk soon. I've dragged my wife away from her PC (college may be closed but she has been online for days sorting stuff out) and she can help with the spaniel exercise. Only other planned outing today is this evening I get my second pig flu jab so I suspect my Christmas present this year will be a sore arm!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Or somebody will have to (con)vent their anger.

And possibly become friary hot? That would be a bad thing for sure, especially if the person on which it would be targeted might one day be his heretic.