The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well we had a great day at Chatsworth House, the weather was very kind to us, it was sunny and warm, but not that hot that it was overbearing. However, due to the lack of rain, all the water features have been turned off, that’s the first time that I’ve ever been and not seen them working! 

Goodnight all

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

All the murderous wildlife in Oz plus deadly weather 

And Then

2 Christmas's though Aarrrgh.

Sounds like you're weighing it up!

Hows about we throw in a Shane Warne "Ball Of The Century" T-shirt, a copy of AC/DC "Highway To Hell" on original vinyl,  a family pass to the Mad Max Museum in Silverton, and a pav?

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Darlington_Shed said:

Good to know, but I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that cold baked beans taste much better than the heated variety.

Back in MY day.... you'd be laughed out of an Aussie milk bar and called a big Sheila  if you  asked  for your baked bean sandwich to be warmed up.

image.png.1592eaf33b33df84ca44aefe8cc9b976.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 13

4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

you'd be laughed out of an Aussie milk bar and called a big Sheila  if you  asked  for your baked bean sandwich to be warmed up.

Takes me back, though I don't remember date sandwiches and am wondering why 'dates & nuts' is 60% the price of just dates. 

Cold baked beans on bread is disgusting. Hot baked beans on toast is perfectly acceptable. Tinned asparagus sandwiches were very much a thing - better on toast.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Darlington_Shed said:

Good to know, but I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that cold baked beans taste much better than the heated variety.

Momma Bear preferred cold beans....

Bear here....

Today sees door hanging day.  I hate hanging doors.....

Buddy over the road is coming over to assist, though fortunately as it's a moulded internal panel door it's nothing like as heavy as the Conservatory Door, which is double glazed hardwood - that's a real b1tch to work on.

I suspect that'll see much of the day off, so anything after that will be MIUABGA.

Anyone else see the BBC 10pm News last night and the feature about kids (girls) being attacked by other kids?  We're not talking playground fighting here - it was f.brutal (they had video).  What did the Police do?  N'owt 😡.  There was mention that the Plod wouldn't get involved unless "there was Brain Damage".  FFS.  Now this Bear doesn't have kids - but if I did and kids attacked mine like that then I suspect I could be "less than happy 😉".  It soon got to the point where I stopped watching it cos' a Bear's B.P. tends to be better when it stays below 500.  Yep, that's a Rant.

In other news....

Words fail this Bear - another chancer methinks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-62744226

And finally....

Imagine this on the M25 - or any other for that matter?  Can't see it ever happening myself, but....

(Incidentally, Germany are thinking of putting restrictions on the Autobahns now)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/liz-truss-hints-that-she-could-axe-motorway-speed-limits/ar-AA11kxb2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=630fc3c9bf1c4869a8343ce1e4a6ee37

Bear gone...

• Like 10
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

I must get an ELO t shirt and  Travelling Wilbury s one at some point when funds allow. 

I’m more of a stationary Wilbury these days. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 16

59 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

That’ll be the Australian Crawl then 🤣

"The Boys Light Up" along with  East by Cold Chisel and whatever the Radiators first album was called was played non-stop in our senior common room back in 1981 until the cassette wore out.

Despite that I never understood a single word that James Reyne sang. 

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I forgot that BIN day will be a day late this week when I put the bags out. Despite the precautions taken the foxes ripped the black bag open, turdycurses. Will have to be sorted before I sit down to watch this 302129324_2719370771530228_8061593385188005273_n.jpg.ab438338249f8568182f61637e5edd01.jpg

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from a muggy Charente.  Still fairly war. High 20's today.  I have been out for a lo gish bike ride, 16 miles and have now had my breakfast.  As we are having visitors this evening domestic engineering tasks are now being allocated so ttfn.

Jamie

• Like 19

Greetings all from a Sidcup which is cooler and cloudier than of late. The summer seems to have gone far too quickly. 

It is a day of catching up on work e-mails and trying to answer some of the more intractable questions. Always bearing in mind that the people who ask don't want the answer that I will give them because it  tends to involve them having to do things like register with foreign tax authorities....

Have a good day all

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

moaning.jpg.4e1b4abe6c09b3cac0dfd4b79be0ff33.jpg

Greetings all. Back in the boring borough for a few days.

Way too much to properly catch up on. I've sprinkled some thumbs and hearts as appropriate. 

6 days of Belgian beer fests and tastings done and dusted. 93 new (to me) beers sampled along the way. Back to work for the week. <sigh> Planned meal out with friends on Saturday scuppered by Covid. 

Little else but to wish everyone a great day. Laterzzzzzz

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

I’m sure he will be along soon 

G'day ... 'grocery day', so a little earlier than usual, though a broken night: still a bit 😴 

It felt rather autumnal earlier, cool, wet and grey. There are some breaks in the cloud appearing now though, so the jumper might come off later. 

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1