The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, polybear said:

😮  Bluddy Hell.  Chimpy's single-handedly responsible for Global Warming.  

But this is healthy Aussie electricity!  made with organic Aussie coal and  Aussie natural gas, not that artificial gas..  Its so good we can even have it in our bathrooms.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 19

By way of change our hot spell has returned to normal with a nice cool breeze cooling us all off, which saves on the Air Con.  Trouble is, its supposed to get hot again later in the week.  But its nice to have the windows open for fresh air for a while!

Spent the afternoon catching up on the EMs and listening to Classic FM - ideal summer day  - Busy doing nothing, working the whole day through, trying to find things not to do!   Uncle Remus😉

Brian.  

Edited by brianusa
  • Like 18

3 minutes ago, southern42 said:

It is looking quite spectacular now it is dark, even at the camera's distance.

Some nice fountaining there. 

The lava lake in the Halema‘uma‘u crater in Kīlauea continues to fume and smoke with some open sloppy patches in the crusted over lake. It's not very dramatic, but it is amazing just how much the crater has filled since 2018. The current eruption began on September 29, 2021.

• Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 minutes ago, brianusa said:

By way of change our hot spell has returned to normal with a nice cool breeze cooling us all off, which saves on the Air Con.  Trouble is, its supposed to get hot again later in the week.

It's warm here (86°F / 30°C). Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler - in time for another 'heat wave' (96°F / 36°C) over the weekend which is less hot than last weekend.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Good morning all,

Just a quick “drive-by“ posting this morning. I was up early (04:00 UK time) for a 06:00 (05:00 UK time) departure to walk the dogs, as yesterday already at 07:00 hours it was getting a bit too hot for Schotty’s comfort.

After the morning walk, it’s off to shop and acquire the ingredients for two dessert items I will be making it this weekend for Mrs ID’s cousin’s birthday: a tiramisu (the best in Nordwest Schweiz - though I say it myself 😃) and a coffee and walnut cake.

Talk later

iD

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Sunny start with just a few cloudy things.  Plenty of sunshine today with the chance of an isolated shower.  Don't believe that will happen.  Currently 17°C and may reach 26°C.

Only one bin lorry due today and that's running late.  One of our neighbours had a Waitrose delivery at 6.00 (for the second time this week!) and boy was that noisy (again) with lots of banging and crashing of crates and van doors together with loud voices.  It woke The Boss up so she's not happy.  I was already on the move so not affected apart from thinking it somewhat thoughtless. 

We've got Sainsbury's due at 8.00 and apparently they've got everything we've ordered.

I've "won"  £30 and a Lucky Dip on the Lottery.  I say "won" because all that will do is replace some of my losses over the past few weeks.

We (I) will probably go for another hobble around the rec after breakfast.  The Hip has been groaning so I might take some pills before I go.

Still plenty of sport to watch today so that will probably grab my attention later.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Thanks. Still here but suffering from lack of mojo etc.

I stupidly thought things might improve now I’ve finished work and the new premises is up and running.

Anyway y’all keep well,

Goodnight.

Does this mean that EH has finally joined the retirement club?

9 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

If it's not the weather or the wildlife trying to kill you in Australia its space debris

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-62414438

"Exciting?"  Not sure I'd call it that if it landed on the Beary Bonce:

Experts described the discovery as "rare" and "exciting" - but said such events may become more common.

9 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Me thinks the Chinese government protest too much 

Perhaps China should remember that they are the largest goods trading partner of the USA.

7 hours ago, PupCam said:

I'm told it's a good trick if you can do it .....

Night Awl!

Bear finds that a strategically placed mirror helps, though that may be TMI....

2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

........and a coffee and walnut cake.

🤮

46 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

One of our neighbours had a Waitrose delivery at 6.00 (for the second time this week!) and boy was that noisy (again) with lots of banging and crashing of crates and van doors together with loud voices.  It woke The Boss up so she's not happy.  I was already on the move so not affected apart from thinking it somewhat thoughtless. 

Sounds like a serious Bobbosnottogram to Waitrose may be in order.  Will it help?  Dunno, but it might result in a voucher as a minimum.

Bear here....

B&H Disposals Inc. are en-route as we speak........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-62414609

If this video doesn't make a certain Supervillian blub.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/entertainment/stray-german-shepherd-was-crying-nonstop-until-she-was-rescued--the-dodo/vi-XXXXXXX?cvid=23aca87fbaba4e47bc63c3bdbe1e0fb9&category=foryou#ey8cV96Tz_Y_yt

Today sees Bear cutting & shaping the shelves to fit the alcove - new words (plus a few very naughty ones archived for special occasions) are on standby......

The gas man is due late this afternoon to give the Gas Fire & Back Boiler a very overdue** service - I figure that after all the dust of the last two years' refurb works it's probably a very good idea indeed.  LDC Vouchers will disappear shortly afterwards 😭

(**The last guy to do it was named Noah, who was saving for some wood apparently....)

Bear gone....

edit:  Where's @Grizz?  Hope all is ok.....

Edited by polybear
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Here in the northwest corner of England, there are some clouds about but the sun is desperately trying to breakthrough them. Sheila is busy in the kitchen getting herself ready for her Zumba class, so as usual, I’m sat at the dining room table keeping out of the way. Once I’ve dropped her off at the church hall, I shall call and pick up her prescription and drop mine off. Then it’s home to give the washing machines dispenser tray a clean, where does all that black stuff come from? Once that’s done, I shall head off to the workshop and clear a space for Charlie, as I’ve taken up quite a bit of the table where he sits building my delay circuit boards. If I get enough time, I’ll try and build the last 2 before dinner and leave the testing until this afternoon. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. According to the forecasters no rain for the next week plus. The lawn is parched, even the weeds are going brown. The bin wagons have been and gone headed by the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon so everybody's awake. Now to get ready for this afternoons watching the (model) trains go by on a garden layout.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Her indoors has been poorly so I went to moreasons to do the shopping. I rewarded myself with a fat boys breakfast. Yummy!

Got some muddling to do then off to get my ears lowered.. busy, busy, busy!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning All!

Well a most enjoyable hour or two was spent last night gawping skyward.      A few photographs of the star Deneb were taken, well 214, to be precise.     Deneb is a bright star that forms part of the "Summer Triangle" and the "Northern Cross", it is apparently the most distant bright star in our sky so I'll only be visiting it with the aid of the telescope!  😆

Those 214 images have been stacked and processed to reveal rather more stars than I could actually see which was probably around 7 or 8.   The smaller image shows the apparent size of the moon with this set up to provide an idea of the actual field of view (which isn't huge).     

268685250_Deneb-Stacked8274-8488-ProcessedSmall.jpg.1006c18078843d1e12c7df3e5a0c32b0.jpg

1297218509_Deneb-FoVcomparison.JPG.2ddbb43f6d000263e74095ec3b79bd22.JPG

Unfortunately the moon remained parked behind a tree in the back garden whilst I was outside and Jupiter had barely got out of bed and was masked by the mass that is Pupper Towers so I'll have to be patient to study those again!

Meanwhile, while I was enjoying the night sky it would seem that the Mossies were enjoying me!      I had approximately 25 bites on my back and arms when I woke up this morning - Pah!

Anyway, have have a good day.

TTFNQ

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13

6 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

…and a coffee and walnut cake.

3 hours ago, polybear said:

🤮

Oh dear me, just when The Bear was doing so well….

With that sort of provocation Captain Cynical is likely go ahead with his planned majority shareholder acquisition of Nestle S.A., PepsiCo, Inc, Anheuser-Busch InBev SA, Diageo plc and Danone SA and - as majority shareholder in these large food and beverage companies - then change their “strategic focus

Already, CC has been heard muttering about closing down the “unnecessarily expensive” oven chip factories and converting LDC production lines to the more upmarket (and profitable) coffee, nut and cream cake combinations.

p.s.Apparently, baked beans are “safe“ for now – although likely in line for 150% cost increase as production lines are switched to higher quality ingredients and recipes.

• Like 4
  • Funny 9