The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

allowed into the Elder's Room at the Melbourne Museum. This stands on land of specific spiritual significance to the Wurundjeri people; the City of Melbourne was required to provide this closed gathering place as a part of its planning consent. She has worked closely with several of the Boonwurrung and Woiworung elders in her career at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne (both Melbourne and Cranbourne sites) and remains one of very few people from outside their own able to freely and openly discuss mob* matters with those elders.  

Yesterday was the first parliamentary sitting day since the June election, many first-time MPs  and senators gave their maiden speech.

Including Jana Stewart, the first aboriginal senator to  ever represent the state of Victoria. At the end the entire senate chamber and visiting members of the Lower house gave her a standing ovation and a round of applause.

No need to guess who stayed seated through it all looking at her mobile phone.... Probably googling pictures of Hitler.

image.png.4a95b23d1db274930faa0721ebfc602e.png

Edited yesterday at 00:22 by monkeysarefun

• Like 13
  • Funny 1

I never got into watching soap, ours just sat in a dish by the taps and did nothing..................................................I did watch the American comedy called "Soap" in the 1970's and WKRP in Cincinnati and that was it, my mother used to watch Emergency Ward 10 when I was a young 'un so may have seen some of that.

• Like 16
  • Funny 3

I have spent 90 minutes on the phone to pension providers this afternoon most of it on hold and I am now expecting a call back on Monday. I do hope its better than the last time they rang me back it was a complete f***wit who couldn't even find my policy the eejit.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. My mum used to watch soaps religiously but I could never get into them. I can remember Coronation Street when it first started but they just don't interest me. Now to see what the fridge has in the way of dinner.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Well the ride out was fun, then dashed back after lunch for a train ride down to the  Big City, ride with some nice Australians, they didn't mention soap operas.  Then dindins in the pub, ride back with Mrs NHN when the temperature finally got to 20c, which made a ride in the open trailer pleasant.  8 sets out, probably everything with insulation that worked was running.  Cars 1, 2, 7, 9, 14, 21, 32, 33.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

No need to guess who stayed seated through it all looking at her mobile …

image.png.4a95b23d1db274930faa0721ebfc602e.png

What’s  Nicola Sturgeon doing down there?

Edited by BoD
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

For people with many different tablets to take, especially at different times of the day, some medical folk provide a 'dosset box', with dates and times printed on it and the tablets dispensed into the tabs by the pharmacy. My mother had one in the closing months of her life. It was useful as she was on a lot of medication, literally c15-20 tablets a day/24 hours. 

• Like 16
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

No need to guess who stayed seated through it all looking at her mobile phone

Plenty of similar examples in the US Senate these days. Much mirth was had recently over footage of the Junior Senator from Missouri during a Congressional hearing - but alas, discussion of politics forbids.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

22 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

but alas, discussion of politics forbids.

Michael, you must be the only honest adherent to this clause.🙂

C'mon do tell, drop a hint at least!

Brian.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

@polybear I have my meds put in a multidose blister pack by the Pharmacy as if I have to take rather a lot. They are split into Day then time Morning,Dinnertime,Teatime and Nighttime. 

Bear has "a system" - which is normally fool-proof but on rare occasions not always Bear-proof......

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 minute ago, polybear said:

Bear has "a system" - which is normally fool-proof but on rare occasions not always Bear-proof......

My "system" failed me the other day. Going to bed (at 1:00am) I noticed my morning meds (including blood pressure) sitting in their system-designated place. So 40 hours without a dose regularly taken every 24±1 hours.

I prep them the night before, having had one a handful of those "did I take my meds?" moments and normally take them reliably with my morning ablutions.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

25 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

One thing that people may not appreciate about small campervans, and tents for that matter, is that the walls are thin, so despite having visual privacy …

... don’t know what they were discussing but she was agreeing with him, saying ‘Yes! Yes! Yes!’ excitedly and repeatedly. This lasted about ten minutes.

Then it went quiet.

Then they went for round two. ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2022/07/29/postcards-from-the-periphery-2022-09/

Don't come a knocking when the caravan is a rocking

• Agree 4
  • Funny 13