The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening,

It seems scans vary a lot - I wonder if someone was trying to rip me off or it was trickier than average, justifying a much higher price tag. Or including 'extras'? I will certainly be checking round providers when the time comes. 

Over the weekend, not a lot was done. Some culinary activity indulged in, with some 'Cornish' pasties and tarte flambe done. A little time spent in the garden and a wander had to get some fresh air. A couple of dogs greeted and a new one met. 

Usual service has been resumed today. The loft has been tackled and there is now a carload of items for the tip and several bags and boxes for the charity shop. Plus a couple of items to try and find good homes for. Still plenty to do but visible progress made. 

A damp day here, though it's been a touch changeable. Some seedlings potted on, nice to have some rainwater to bed them in. On another thread (days when you know why you live in the British Isles) martin wynne's mentioned a weather site for rainfall - https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar - could be useful, whether photting, gardening or just hoping for a dry picnic? (You need to click on 'Anim On' top leftish to play the last two hours). 

• Like 16

1 minute ago, monkeysarefun said:

Thank you Eeyore, I can work with that. 

Went to travel insurance website pretending to be pupcam, had a few stabs at some of the questions but got a quote for 167 pounds .

So plan B.

Arrive in Sydney get off plane, exclaim "oh my giddy aunt!" like you lot say on the telly and slump to the ground ( but not in long grass cos SNAKES!)

Get free trip to hospital in ambulance (probably driven by UK or Irish paramedic cos why not?)

Get MRI on the  insurance and save even more (check shoes before putting them back on after the MRI cos SPIDERS!).

Would the insurance allow for a pre existing condition?

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

My dad has had a bypass and has  a stent, takes heart medication and has travelled to the UK at least twice since with full coverage. Never complained about the insurance cost and he definitely would if anyone is going to.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

Understatement alert:

CNN: Chess-playing robot breaks boy's finger at Moscow tournament

"A robot broke a child's finger -- this is, of course, bad," Lazarev said.

After the child resigned, the Russian robot launched his King at the child. (Just kidding, that didn't happen, but seemed in keeping with other recent events in the region.)

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I managed to silence Arthur Itis and Si Attica this afternoon by stretching out on the bed and having a bit of eyelid inspection. Arthur Itis has made a few grumbles this evening so Nurofen has been deployed. Now to catch up on Farcebook.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Only if you were to fully and accurately declare it beforehand and they accept the risk accordingly.  A friend knows someone with lots of health issues who gets their travel insurance cheap by not declaring those issues, which is totally pointless because if she were to claim then the Insurance Company is sure to find out and void the policy.  They may also refuse to provide cover in the future - which has a knock-on effect because a common insurance question is "have you ever been refused insurance etc. etc."  There's one thing that Insurance Companies REALLY hate and that's people who try and rip them off - and with shared databases etc. they are very good at finding out.

• Like 5
  • Agree 11

57 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

You can buy insurance for pre existing conditions. 
I got a yearly plan but haven’t renewed it recently but do remember it wasn’t that expensive but I suppose it depends on the risk.

It was a relief knowing that I was covered regardless of if anything happened.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the weather has been very unpredictable, mostly rain. There was a short lull when I went shopping with the sun trying to shine, but that was followed by more rain after I’d got home. The afternoon was pretty much the same, apart from an hour or so straight after dinner.

Needless to say, apart from my shopping trip this morning, I’ve not ventured outside again today. I spent the afternoon reading or doing some sudoku puzzles. 

Andy. Happy anniversary 

• Like 14
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

@andyram..Happy Anniversary. 

Long trip to Canley and back. M1 full of slow moving white vans.. must be saving petrol??

Time for sleep.. more cricket tomorrow.

Sleep well

Baz

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Back when I used to partake in beer drinking I used to avoid Tetleys lf possible even though I am a Yorkshireman.

When I was at uni in Lancaster (1974 on) you could get a good pint of Tetleys somewhere, I think it was The Green Dragon in Galgate (no pumps, just casks). But mostly I preferred more local beers (Mitchell's, Yates & Jackson). In the city centre you could smell when Mitchell's were brewing. Lovely.  All long gone.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Seems it's Junior's fault:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/chess-robot-breaks-finger-of-boy-after-child-violated-safety-rules-by-taking-turn-too-quickly/ar-AAZWAoe?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3a3f164852114fdfbf0e66a8d7d354b6

That's Russia for you.

8 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

You can buy insurance for pre existing conditions. 
I got a yearly plan but haven’t renewed it recently but do remember it wasn’t that expensive but I suppose it depends on the risk.

It was a relief knowing that I was covered regardless of if anything happened.

I think the law changed for motor insurance such that they were no longer allowed to load premiums for disabilities as it was viewed as discrimination; so long as the condition has been disclosed to DVLA and they are happy then it's a green light.  Slightly different for travel insurance, understandably.

Bear here....

Crippled.  Turdycurses.  The bluddy pink pills (which are now white and no longer smartie shaped for some reason) seem to be taking their time fixing it.  I seem to be ok-ish once I get moving though; I've a suspicion that the chairs in the Conservatory may not be helping - though I've little (=bvggerall) choice at the moment.  Need to get that carpet sorted and then I can move back into the Bearylounge.

The Doc phoned back yesterday - Bear has to start taking the proper does of tabs rather than a double dose (already done) and she wants a blood test done this week.  Bear can do that - assuming Dracula Towers can also oblige, of course.

Today sees Bear having a ruthless (hopefully) sort of the wardrobes etc. and airing cupboard in order to identify stuff for the Charity Warehouse - there's loads in there that hasn't seen the light of day for many, many moons and is unlikely to do so in the near medium far future either, so it makes sense to find a new home for it if I can.  That's the plan, anyway....

Right, time for a......

HUMONGOUS BEARY RANT

One of the very first emails opened today mentioned Amazon Prime and those dreaded words "Important Changes to Your Terms and Conditions".  This immediately raises Bear to DefCon 3 as a sudden suspicion that "Sh1t is a comin' - and it's headin' this Bear's way...."

Yep, you guessed it - they're bungin' the price up from £79 quid a year.  Turdycurses.  How much by? 1%? Nope.  3%?  Nope.  Not 5%, surely?  Nope.

20 effin' Percent, that's how much 🤬🤬

That gets Damn Piggin' Turdycurses.  B'sterds.  They now want ninety-five quid a year.  If it wasn't for the telly programmes I'd tell 'em to poke it.

Yep, that most definitely is a Rant - with knobs on.

And finally....

Rumour has it that Bears n' Hippos are no longer eligible to become Fighter Pilots.  Can't imagine why......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62289737

p.s.  Is it Bear, or does it look remarkable similar to Clint Eastwood's "Firefox"?

As for a flying demonstrator in five years - c'mon, this is BAeS we're talking about....🤣

Gravy??  FFS.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/other/asda-shoppers-spot-new-pizza-that-is-just-wrong-and-should-immediately-be-outlawed/ar-AAZWMKc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3a3f164852114fdfbf0e66a8d7d354b6

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1