The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Had a good nights sleep last night despite the heat and mugginess.

15 minutes ago, BlackRat said:

Someone I know once rubbed pile cream into an injury by mistake, instead of the usual Fiery Jack cream… the other way around doesn’t bare thinking about.

I don’t think they were able to blame anyone tho…..should’ve gone to Specsavers.

You should read the labels properly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GDDEL1SC1QQ5

• Agree 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue with just a few white fluffy things dotted about, there is also a very light breeze. I say breeze, but to be honest, the trees are hardly moving at all, the temperature at the moment is 17C but it’s due to get hotter later. Today I’m hoping to get a bit of work done in the garden, as there are a lot of roses that need dead heading and there are a few strawberries that need picking too. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Weather forecast is rising temperatures (high 30's) until Tuesday then a sudden drop of about ten degrees and rain. Probably be a lot of thunder and lightening, we certainly need it.

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Evening All,

Been absent a bit recently, blame the dark one, but hopefully he’s on his way.

Anyway,  hope Dave H’s day went as well as such days can.

Managed to get the new premises open on the designated day but it did involve a lot of hard work and there’s still bits to do.It’s certainly frightened mojo away.

A bit tired so I’ll leave you with this image of yours truly opening the shutters last Monday for the first day of trading,

AE028773-CDE3-4E52-89B3-19ABCF933AB1.thumb.jpeg.806fe93c3383d88775972bdb01b6451b.jpegGoodnight,

Robert

I am glad to hear that you have managed to put the black dog back into its kennel. Congratulations on your new premises and I hope to see you around here a lot more often.

But is that really you in the photograph? It looks like someone who listens to Mantovani and not to The Dead Milkmen or Circle Jerk or The Clash

At the very least I expected blue or purple hair… 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 9
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 2

50 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

But is that really you in the photograph? It looks like someone who listens to Mantovani 

Who the f***s Mantovani, some heavy metal w***er?

Actually been a bit off it, listened to some Black Sabbeth and almost enjoyed it, well ‘Paranoid’ mostly.

Edited by Erichill16
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I should be clear that my observation does not apply exclusively to Wales. Scotland and Ireland too. But it was after the North Wales holiday that the family insisted on going to South-West England.

Doing O level Geography, I learnt that Manchester was renown for its rain. About that time I got invited to join the town's netball first team to an away match up there. The coach knew the team's coach who was based up there. And, yes, all geographic mention of rain and drizzle in Manchester was confirmed.  At least we were playing indoors! I played pretty well, I felt, being a shortie, jumping up to intercept balls meant for those towering above me. Doubt I would be able to do that now!  

Best day for me in Manchester was at the Commonwealth Games 2002. It was a Friday afternoon in brilliant sunshine. The kids (teenagers then) were carrying Wales and England flags. There were half a dozen friendly male students from University of Florida, U.S. of A, sitting immediately behind us, who wanted to know who to support - Canada was out of the question! Saying we were supporting Wales, they decided to support the Welsh Athletes - and good fun it was with their contribution. Unfortunately, a couple of the Welsh BIG Names who we went to support, decided not to run in the Heats programmed that afternoon. <Boohoo> However, it was a great day all round, including walking the streets of Manchester, Welsh flag in the kid's hand and being asked: "Siarad Cymraeg?" Now, we are talking Manchester:  a colleague from work had tickets for the evening Heats...and it chuckeditdarn, outdoor seating and all that. I don't think she ever forgave me for that!

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

After a few singles from the album, I started to listen to the full thing, 45 mins of 1:53:47 have passed already. It was listed on one of the kid's Wish List.

Love it!  Where do people get so much power in their voices and yet be so soft and sensitive?

• Like 10

At school in music one of my fellow string players asked how Mantovani made the sound. The Music Master tried explaining how all the strings had to start noted early or finish them late.

The guy who asked the question said something like "Oh, they can't keep to time then?"

The reply was "Exactly."

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

And of course from Good Morning Vietnam...

"

This is AFRS, Radio Saigon.

- AFRS Radio is owned and operated by the United States government and operates on an assigned carrier frequency of 540 at 749 megahertz.

- Jesus, that guy's as boring as whale .

- Not really.

- See, the purpose is to inform you as to the radius of the radio waves.

- Mantovani? They play Mantovani to insomniacs who don't respond to strong drugs.

- General likes easy listening. I have to inform you...

- Mayday. Dragon lady with incredible figure at 11 o'clock, stop the car.

- I can't do that, sir.

- You don't understand.

- I've been on a Greek island with a lot of women who look like Zorba. I never thought I'd find women attractive ever again."

Edited by TheQ
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, southern42 said:

Doing O level Geography, I learnt that Manchester was renown for its rain. About that time I got invited to join the town's netball first team to an away match up there. The coach knew the team's coach who was based up there. And, yes, all geographic mention of rain and drizzle in Manchester was confirmed.  At least we were playing indoors! I played pretty well, I felt, being a shortie, jumping up to intercept balls meant for those towering above me. Doubt I would be able to do that now!  

Best day for me in Manchester was at the Commonwealth Games 2002. It was a Friday afternoon in brilliant sunshine. The kids (teenagers then) were carrying Wales and England flags. There were half a dozen friendly male students from University of Florida, U.S. of A, sitting immediately behind us, who wanted to know who to support - Canada was out of the question! Saying we were supporting Wales, they decided to support the Welsh Athletes - and good fun it was with their contribution. Unfortunately, a couple of the Welsh BIG Names who we went to support, decided not to run in the Heats programmed that afternoon. <Boohoo> However, it was a great day all round, including walking the streets of Manchester, Welsh flag in the kid's hand and being asked: "Siarad Cymraeg?" Now, we are talking Manchester:  a colleague from work had tickets for the evening Heats...and it chuckeditdarn, outdoor seating and all that. I don't think she ever forgave me for that!

I went to some heats at the Commonwealth Games in Manchester and remember that it rained. I've dug out some photos that might stir some memories.  I was in the un roofed end.

This one might please you.

2093513714_Film2002-4010.thumb.jpg.ad95efe3fb59608dcb229fea97920842.jpg

It certainly rained.

717078768_Film2002-4021.thumb.jpg.0b572035ab1c0caceba0f936a38ea1d9.jpg

I had white heir even then.

371650519_Film2002-4013.thumb.jpg.1e8d0243aeaed7125061c2a1e8d37406.jpg

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

It doesn't rain in Manchester all the time. In fact, we haven't had any rain since yesterday! 😜

• Like 1
  • Funny 16