The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Not done much today having spent the afternoon dozing in the chair. Still feeling a bit drowsy but thats down to the anti-histamines taken for the hay fever. I'll probably give Farcebook a miss tonight and have an early one.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Re the email re our recent flight…..As the current Monkeypox rate for Europe is something like 0.6% I don’t think I’ll worry to much about sharing a plane with a victim of it.

I think the UK is even less? 

Fractions of a percentage… 

I'm more at risk on my motorcycle…. Now where’s those bananananas…

Mind you with the cost of fuel as it is…… it’s steady as it goes lol

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the weather has been very mixed today, mostly grey skies with a little bit of rain, but by late afternoon we had some sunshine to round off the day. Although, it started to rain again around 7 o’clock this evening and it’s only just stopped. 

This morning’s visit to the Trafford Centre was practically a non event, very little was purchased, although Sheila did get some makeup, but she couldn’t find her way around most stores as they’d moved things around a lot and got fed up, so my credit card came back relatively unscathed! 

I’ve got to a final design for the delay circuit, so I’ve now drawn up a mapping drawing, which shows where each individual component will sit on the veroboard. Knowing where each component goes has allowed me to get a size of board required, so I can now start cutting the boards to size. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

And as for the “pepperpots” - such as The Batley Townswomen's Guild…

The Metropolitan Opera in New York does a version of MacBeth with costumes updated to 20th Century wartime.

The witches chorus always reminds me of the Batley Townswomen's Guild, especially the way they hold their purses.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, southern42 said:

This next one is a full seven notes: A B C# D E F# G on my flute (the notes of D major in English money but starting on A instead of D - and, yes, I did find it all confusing at the beginning!). So, the notes are familiar, but the sound going up and down is different and takes some getting used to.

Polly

If I understood the little bit of music I took, that is a modal scale.  Modal is a technical term for starting the scale on the wrong note.  They all have Greek names, like columns. I think that one is Iconic.

(Sorry, but the course was over 50 years ago.)

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

The journey to London and its Pride begins shortly.  Speculation in the media suggests that it will be well attended!  With any luck I will tell all tomorrow.  Happy Pride!

Chris

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, BR60103 said:

If I understood the little bit of music I took, that is a modal scale.  Modal is a technical term for starting the scale on the wrong note.  They all have Greek names, like columns. I think that one is Iconic.

(Sorry, but the course was over 50 years ago.)

This is not a full scale, rather it's starting on the dominant not the tonic... confused ..yes I am but thisvis from her indoors who was a music teacher.. 

Baz

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

That Canada Day cake looked great!  Simon Mayo played a Canada Day tribute spot with songs from Bryan Adams (who happened to be doing a concert in Scarbados last night.. hope he didn't get wet.

Rained last night and again overnight. My game today is on top of a hills should be OK as the ground dries quickly.

Time for my mugatea. Stay safe!

Baz

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from aa sunny Charente.   The great day is here and the little scoundrel, definitely  not a princess, will arrive this afternoon.  A new check list was dictated last night.  Now up to 10 items.  I'm off to compkete item 7, mucking out the hens.  All we need is a red carpet.  However as some shoppi g needs to be done en route to the airport, and I will be alone in the car,there might be a possibility of a short stop at the station in La Rochelle.

Hope the march goes well Chris.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Lots of blue sky and sunshine here.  Should be a warm,  dry morning but cloud, showers and thundery rumbles expected this afternoon.

Might go for a walk after breakfast and then I intend to watch the Australia v England rugby match which kicks off at 10.55BST.  

Jamie, enjoy the visit from the little scoundrel.   I really miss those sorts of days.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is sunny here too this morning. Car is packed. The en route picnic looks larger than the food packed for the week. I am sure we have packed too many clothes but the weather is quite varied next week, The cottage we are going to has a washing machine but hopefully we won’t need it. There is a dishwasher but I suspect that will be used. 
Tony

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

Morning all 

I hope those having reunions of various kinds enjoy them wether they are scoundrels or Commandos or a Pride March.

I have seen a modern film version of Macbeth iirc Sean Pertwee played the bad boy.instead of horses transport was military Land Rover.

As I have posted photos of Pebbles here is one of Rolo the dachshund providing a DDSF service of door security 

20220702_093910.thumb.jpg.fbae5447002ebf9a8e61bc19fa88480c.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Thankfully last nights rain has stopped, but everywhere is very wet, so apart from collecting Ava in a few minutes, (and of course taking her home again later) I shall be staying inside today. I’ve no idea what Sheila has got planned for Ava, I suspect she may well start the next seeing project with her. Well blow me down, the sun has just started to shine! 

This is morning I have been invited to attend an AAA (Abdominal Aortic Aneurism) screening appointment, later this month, which apparently is given to men in their 65th year! 

Back later. 

Brian

Edited by BSW01
Add missing text
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Up a bit later this morning despite going to bed early but at least its done me good. Not a lot to do today, pollen count is up so not much will be done outside. Muggatee time so I'll be back later.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2