The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning, from a rock where it is once again windy.  Dry currently but looking at the raindar not likely to remain that way.  A mere 14C, disappointing.

The day thus bring some muddeling, once a little domestic comestible acquisition has been dealt with.

Wombledon ball-batting doesn't much excite me either, although perusal of the female form of some competitors does provide some optical pleasure.  

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Breakfast chef here. Final breakfast for our visitor to cook, followed by his departure back darn sarf and our departure to Haywood Cc for an Over 60s match.

Busy times in chez baz as we have to do extra washing,  cleaning and general domestics tomorrow. Pah!

Better engage brain and getonwithit I suppose.

Stay safe!

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

7 hours ago, PupCam said:

At last, an opportunity to do so more stargazing!  😀

I set the telescope at a spot of sky complete with a reasonably bright star, fired up the auto shutter release and took a good number of exposures of the same view ready for stacking.   It's too late to do that now but when I just had a quick look at the source material I note that yet another satellite has photo-bombed the scene!    Ah, pesky satellites 🤣.      Anyway, a good number of the images look pretty good so hopefully I'll get something half decent out of them.    I certainly seem to be getting more consistent results so I must be getting a bit better at this lark.   

Y

Night Awl!

Alan

Y

Just be aware Mr Puppers Sir that I have made a formal request for more rain tonight. Thought I'd let you'd know so that you could put your feet up. The request has been acknowledged and I'm just awaiting confirmation as to the exact time. Please note I did ask if your area could be avoided due to your 'inconvenience' but they muttered something about you not being important enough and slammed the door in face.

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

5 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all,

Sunshine and blue skies are here and so am I. A dry and breezy day is forecast with the chance of some rain tonight.

The Hand seems to be behaving itself but the fact that I'm rather limited in what I can do at the moment is a little bit frustrating however I must be a patient patient and wait for things to take their course.  (When this was mentioned to The Boss there were comments along the lines of "Patient?  PATIENT?  YOU?  You must be joking!"   Bit harsh I thought.

Usual sort of day will see me having some breakfast, going for a walk, surfing the net and awaiting delivery of a case of wine. 

Still haven't visited The Shed since the op although I keep saying I will.  Maybe today.

Have a good one,

Bob.

To which was the Good Lady Wife laughing at? You being patient or to you being a patient?

Asking on behalf of the community so that it goes on record for future reference that's all.

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

Morning 

Hospital appointment at 10 also prescriptions to collect so it's a bit of a rush about.

I'm not a tennis lover to start with but i cant stand Wimbledon I think it's a load of carp the whole damn thing the hype the coverage everything.  

• Agree 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Before I go, thank you all for the positive comments on the art work I posted yesterday. 

They were well deserved.

• Agree 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

'm not a tennis lover to start with but i cant stand Wimbledon I think it's a load of carp the whole damn thing the hype the coverage everything

Lock em up and torture them like we do!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

It persisteth down, as predicted.  And some.  We do need it though, it has been very dry despite not being that warm, and we have never seen the archery glen so dry.  It is usually a very gooey place, but several streams have dried up completely, and the main one is nobbut a trickle, usually a foot deep or so at this time of year - or three feet in winter.  Don't ask.....

Debating now if I can be bothered to wash down the kitchen floor and polish it.  No is the answer, but I better had if I don't want my head in my hands later!

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

To which was the Good Lady Wife laughing at? You being patient or to you being a patient?

Asking on behalf of the community so that it goes on record for future reference that's all.

I was going to suggest a poll of ER's then GDB answered the question himself.

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Me being patient.  I must admit to being somewhat of an impatient person who is also well known for being :

irritated

annoyed

angry

testy

tetchy

snappy

cross

crabby

moody

grumpy

querulous

fretful

peevish

peeved

piqued

amongst other things!  

However there are times I can be quite nice!  😂

Jamie

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

funnily enough the task is due to a pan of fried onions shuffling off the hob last night

I can do that sort of thing quite happily all by myself, without invoking the vibration mechanics of associated cookery.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14