The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

17 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Let me know the approximate size/shape/weight and I'll check, presumably you'd want registered service? I'd be happy to help out, other ERs have done so for me in the 'reverse" direction 🙂

I was unable to find any information on the company's webpage. But as you can see in the images in the attached website page (https://tenacontrols.com/product/model-airplane-lighting-kit/  it probably wouldn't weigh more than 100 - 150gm and the size would, I guess, be in a package about 16cm (L) x 10cm (W) x 4cm - although it would probably fit in a padded envelope. How much would USPS charge for a package that size/weight (I would assume that UPS etc. would charge an arm and a leg...)?

Cheers

iD

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. @simontaylor484 Congratulations to Kieran for his Eighteenth tomorrow. Its hard to believe how quickly the kids do grow up. My friends young lad is now a strapping fourteen year old as tall as his dad and still growing, no surprise there given the amount of food he manages to put away. When he was younger he was a bit small for his age (about eight). Best wishes to @grandad bob, hope the op goes well.

I looked up bug hotels on the net and got a few more ideas about what can be used for them.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Hope all went well GDB and a speedy recovery is at hand.......................................did you see what I did there.....................I'll get me coat.............................

We do really need that GROAN button

• Agree 8
  • Funny 4

5 hours ago, grandadbob said:

...Surgery on my hand is due today and as it's under general anaesthetic nothing to eat or drink apart from water since midnight and nil by mouth from 7.30.  I'm due at the hospital at 09.00 and  (hopefully) third on the list...

I knew there was something I was supposed to do.... but I just couldn't put my finger on it.... My own fault, really, I didn't make a handy note to remind me to wish you good luck GDB (face-palm! 🤦). I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good result. You will, I trust, gives us the thumbs-up when you're back home.

I am surprised to learn that it'll be under general anesthesia (a recent, minor, hand surgery I had involved only a nerve block and a local), on the other hand, if you are squeamish it might be for the best. Let's hope that the surgeon isn't all-thumbs today.....

(Yes, yes, I know I should get a slap on the wrist for my bad punning. But I don't care [gives everyone the finger])

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12

The DDSF  (Double Dachshund Security Force ) has successfully been deployed to patrol the back garden together for the first time. Both had a good run about and are having a good drink now back inside. Pebbles is now attacking a squeaky dog toy, Rolo is laid on the floor watching with interest

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I was unable to find any information on the company's webpage. But as you can see in the images in the attached website page (https://tenacontrols.com/product/model-airplane-lighting-kit/  it probably wouldn't weigh more than 100 - 150gm and the size would, I guess, be in a package about 16cm (L) x 10cm (W) x 4cm - although it would probably fit in a padded envelope. How much would USPS charge for a package that size/weight (I would assume that UPS etc. would charge an arm and a leg...)?

Cheers

iD

If the total cost of postage and packing is too much why not assemble your own module. Ready wired SMD leds in appropriate colours and even flashing ones are fairly easily available here (and cheap) not sure about CH of course but if you are happy to order from Chinese eBay vendors there are loads. From the main supplier in the UK the leds are in 5 packs but then you could do an entire fleet of business jets or add lights to some,of your trains too,

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Still planning the bug hotel, I have revised my plans following a read of this

https://www.craftionary.net/diy-bug-hotels-material-instructions-to-attract-bugs/ For a start it will be two bug hotels, one brick (for invertebrates) and one wood for bees and other flying insects. I'm also planning a bird table based on an old wooden fence post.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Cheers

iD

USPS charge for a package under 1lb. to Switzerland is around $18. That's a standard shipping rate, no tracking but I don't think tracking adds much. The dimensions/weight put it in the lowest rate category.

Given that, as I suspected (same for MANY eBay and other suppliers here when I order stuff), they're padding the "packaging/handling" charge to make more money ☹️

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

POETS - definitely happening, see below.

Quiet again yesterday.

The weekend holds some small adventures.

Friday evening kicking off with a baseball game - the Mrs and Meagans mum are fans and Meagan got tickets for everyone to attend tonight's game for the Mums day gift.

Saturday, unplanned (YA RIGHT!!) but some to-do items and general relaxing. maybe a happy hour.

Sunday the Mrs birthday AND Otis (one of Trevor and Meagans dogs) also. We're headed to their house for a birthday celebration/dinner.

Weather, 20 first thing, sunny slight chance or a shower (205 meaning probably not), 32 expected high at around game time!

That's all for now 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1