The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

21 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

I'm quite good at the air triangle.

Oh, and the air bagpipes.

Years ago electric organs were the thing.  Had all sorts of help at the touch of a button.  They could be played conventionally however and we still a have a Conn two manual from the seventies.  Still play it!🙂

Brian.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Mention of the Australian EMU's (not the birds) reminded me of the Q stock used on the District line. During the 50's the Q stock was made up of four different types of stock. Some with clerestories and flat sides and some with the flared sides. The older stock had deep well stuffed cushions (horsehair?) covered with moquette. I also recall the bouncy ride.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

And whilst on the subject of heavenly bodies let me leave you with this thought. 90%  of us will endure micro-organisms having sex on our faces as we sleep. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-61894186 

I posted that last night.

23 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Just found this, who would have known that we host thousands of these.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-61894186

• Like 6
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Isn't that the same link? It feels like I have visited it many times now.

I've removed it now, I tried to add it to the post above but it wouldn't let me.

• Like 5

Evening All,

Busy day not getting much done, Didnt even get chance to listen to TMS or the Yorkshire match. Pah, in fact double Pah. Not all post read, apologies.

Tomorrow we are having new computers delivered so will have to go to work again.

Still no sign of Polybear and Puppers has been quit. Hope all is well.

Anyway it’s late so goodnight,

Robert 

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I posted that last night.

Missed that, sorry 🤦‍♂️

It doesn’t matter how many times it gets posted - the sky was still cloudy this morning meaning nothing could be seen. 

• Like 10

We are not supposed to talk about such things here but overnight there has been interesting news of two by-election results.  It will be all over the news on the radio and TV so I need say no more.

There was a programme on Channel 5 last night about the current travails of air travel.  Back in April I flew to Mallorca and back for a short holiday.  It was instructive from the programme to learn how much worse the travelling could have been.  The airline chosen by the travel company was one of those notorious for cancellations.  My heart sank and did not rise very far when the outward flight was altered at the last minute to include an unwelcome fester at Madrid airport.  Neither that nor the TV programme has made me any more keen on flying.  You tend not to get a very good view from an aircraft: oh look, there's a cloud and well I never, there's another.

Tonight Spiers and Boden are at The Stables and I shall be there to see and enjoy them.  Who they?  Two erstwhile members of Bellowhead and fine musicians too.

Chris

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Day 2 at the Test beckons. It may... rain.. this afternoon so I will pack from travel water proof.

I need to get myself going as breakfast chef duties beckon.

Stay safe!

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a little cooler here too, with quite a bit of cloud cover, the sun may appear later, but if it stays like this, I won’t be complaining. As it’s a Friday, I will shortly be heading off to the butchers for the weekly meat rations and a pork pie for dinner. There is no need for a visit to the Trafford Centre, as I picked up some fruit yesterday, so I may spend a bit of time in the office, followed by some relaxing. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Every year they have Bo'ness fair day, (where my parents and sisters live...) a schoolgirl is chosen as fair queen her home is "decorated" 

https://www.facebook.com/61013084/videos/446769707265238/

Her assistants get somewhat smaller arches over their front doors..

(note paid for by her parents and anyone else that will donate to the cause.) These days... crowd funding..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 7

55 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Yes, unplanned early retirement after covid did for the business.

Belated best wishes to the Baz family, missed that somehow.

The day turned out to be our first really warm one this 'summer', 26c in places, thoroughly pleasant.

The glen was toasty in the evening, with hay fever turned up to 11 for me, however Mrs NHN's devastating form continued much to her surprise, she won with a score close to her PB and beat the guy who is considered the best archer of the group.  New guy Steve also scored a PB and almost made 300, a very respectable score on this difficult circuit.  i was of course nowhere near that.

Here's Mrs NHN about to kill a painted target, having just released the arrow.  One day I'll get the arrow in the picture!

1631730822_20220623_1835341.thumb.jpg.7985abcbd876a59259d5e71d0b701bca.jpg

I was referring to the day not your life. My good man.

I'll put that down to the o hayfever being at 11

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2