The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

Foundation blocks are now in their hole and we turned a corner, one more set and half the shed base will be surrounded.

I can't do much more than that as it's under the current position of the shed.

So then it will be fill and level between what I'll have done.

Then retrieve some sleepers from the garden. To sit on the foundation blocks to screw the shed to..

I'm not looking forward to lifting those sleepers, I was a lot fitter when I put them in their current position...

After that Ben got his full long walk, it's not sunny and it's only 14C perfect for him..

Between block laying there were several "can you justs"....

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

Happy anniversary Tony & Aditi

Wot e sed 

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

Happy Anniversary to @Tony_S and Aditil.

Gardening done today as rain was originally forecast for this evening. 

Grass cut roses deadheaded new bolt put on gate.

We have also changed the kitchen door handle and latch

That means painting will be occouring in the spare bedroom tomorrow I am hoping it will be a one day job to get the walls done it is crown trade paint but they do say it may need additional coats. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon Chums!

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

I couldn't do a search of many of the people I used to know, my poor memory just doesn't remember their names..  when I joined a group on Facebook for my trade group lots of people turned up saying I remember you, but I didn't remember them unless their post included their photo.

Before I left the great empire I found the people I met fell into four categories when they greeted me by name when passing:

1)   Colleagues I currently worked with

2)   Colleagues who'd moved on to different roles/projects at some point

3)   Former colleagues I must have worked with Donkey's years ago (remember I did 45 years there at two sites ...) who I recognised but couldn't for the life of me think of their name

4)   Bods I didn't recognise at all and thought who the heck*  was that!  **

*    Other spellings of heck are available

**  I would always return the greeting but they'd have to make do with a generic "Hi" or "Hello" 🤣

Congratulations to @Tony_S and Aditil.

In Other News

The only thing of real note today is that we have just had the Red Arrows fly right up the back garden and right over the house in formation, lights on at about 500'.   They were on their way to Duxford and appeared precisely at the time they stated they would be over-flying Puppershire!    But then, it's the RAF and we would expect nothing less  😀   

We were expecting them over the village but weren't expecting them up the garden path!      Anyway, certainly brightened up a dull, damp, cool Saturday afternoon.

Otherwise, it's all quiet on the Western Front.

TTFNQ

Alan

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Today's excuse is Bedroom 3 which was getting messed up (again).  So some skipping was done.  However, I did pick up that it's Tony and Aditi's anniversary - and I wish them a happy one - with the usual greetings to everybody else.

To get bed 3 tidy, I went up to the loft, and 30747 handed up three Lloyd Loom chairs, and we got a fan down which proved not to be required as the temperature has dropped by 17 degrees C since yesterday - it was 30 at high noon, and was still 25 at bed time, but it had dropped to 13 this morning.  I also hung a few pictures and gave bed 3 a very thorough tidy, which it certainly needed.  Before all that, we went to the Ludlow racecourse antique fair, which actually did have a fair number of genuine antiques - it wasn't retro or collectables, it actually had some quality to, and the tichet is also good for tomorrow, so we'll visit again tomorrow morning

Tomorrow afternoon, we have tickets to visit the "Secret Gardens of Ludlow" where a number of home owners who don't normally do so are opening their gardens to the public. 

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

For those of you who don’t believe that there is a secret cabal of illuminati pulling the strings from behind the scenes, the following photographic evidence of six illuminati planning their next move after Covid, should convince you: ...snip...

Believe it or not, I do recognize three in that line-up; my only comment is the that one of the three looks a bit older than I thought.

Also, it looks like a great time was had by all.

Unfortunately (with a very few exceptions), I will probably never meet any of the ERs.

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PupCam said:

**  I would always return the greeting but they'd have to make do with a generic "Hi" or "Hello" 🤣

Bear knows rather a lot of people called "Buddy" - a very good name when you can't remember what their proper name is......

In other news.....

Bear switched to Eeyore Mode this afternoon.  Dunno why, but Tigger Bounce has cleared off and the gloom set in.  Turdycurses.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I appear to have ricked my neck

[mode=Schultz] I know nussink. Nussink at all. [/Schultz] 🤣

35 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

All the best to Tony & Aditi

Indeed. Congratulations. 

23 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

From left to right, going clockwise around the table @Gwiwer, @unravelled, @chrisf, @bbishop Unknown @The Stationmaster

A splendid time was had by all with erudite, amiable and most enjoyable conversations fuelled by Guinness, cider, artisanal bitter, goat curry and jerk pork.

It has been far too long since the  “Unknown” @iL Dottore was allowed down from his Swiss mountain-top to put the world to rights with our assistance. 

A most welcome re-convening of the “illuminati” took place and I will echo the sentiments posted above. Let us hope it is not three years until the next time. 

In other news I set off for the aforementioned gathering wearing shirt and shorts in very warm sunshine. I arrived at the destination to find Autumn had arrived with rain, wind and a noticeable lack of degrees in the Celsius  department. The refreshed air was welcome as was the goat curry for lunch. 

My departure was also perfectly timed to pass through Twickenham just ahead of the exodus from the stadium. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I've met three of them and they're all right, in fact they are really nice chaps.  I'll reserve judgement on the others until/unless I actually ever meet them...........especially the "unknown" bloke!  🤔🤪😂😂😂

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 6
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Tony_S said:

We still have the same dining table and chairs though I never told the person who had said what she said that I had replaced a couple of the chairs about 20 years ago with identical ones. 

You are Trigger and his broom.

I claim my £5

Happy anniversary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Pool inspected.  33 degrees and now clean enough for use.  If this weather continues it will get a lot of use.all in all a good week in Bournemouth.  Various jobs to be sorted in readyness for the visit of Emily and her mums in a fortnight. We can't wait to see the little terror running round the garden.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I've met three of them and they're all right, in fact they are really nice chaps.  I'll reserve judgement on the others until/unless I actually ever meet them...........especially the "unknown" bloke!  🤔🤪😂😂😂

I’ve met them all and they’re not a bad bunch at all. Even the one on the far left.  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 11