The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

...snip... The sink is made of pot and is a 5' long, double drainer/double sink,  ...snip...

Regards to all.

Jamie

Hmmm, better not drop a lit match in there, then the sink will stink!

• Like 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Barry O said:

Brian,

Have you set the "themes" bit at the bottom of the page?

Once you link your account and do that.. no more ads

Baz

Thanks Baz, yeeeeeaaaahhhhhh, no fecking ads! 

Like Phil, I couldn’t find ‘themes’ at first, but it’s all sorted now. 

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

... they're overwhelmed with what they need to do, almost ALL a result of my new most hated personages - Real Estate Agents - they have a lot to answer for when it comes to what they think needs doing to a house that's already in excellent shape, updated and recently decorated!

Yes, Realtors put people though a lot to get their 6% and want it "their way" rather than the sellers' way.

• Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Just watching TT practice.  Dean Harrison lapped at 131.5 mph. For those not in the know, this is on single carriageway roads, over 37.7 miles. Eeek. 

There was a rather good programme on last night (ITV4?) all about the Honda Fireblade at the TT.  Those guys really are nuts - and make F1 "Stars" look like a bunch of fairies in comparison.

24 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

This one from further back in the garage is MUCH nicer!

737334257_Cllowres.jpg.f737b442314e417259a9745a20d2d195.jpg

Very nice - but I prefer the XL.  I'm kinda on the lookout for a very nice TS250ER (1980's model) - an XT500 (or XL500) would also be rather nice but they're just silly money for a good one.  A 250 makes more sense as I'd stand a chance (with a bit of bvggering about) at getting it into the back garden of Bear Towers for storage or maintenance (a DT125LC or BSA C15 were daily do-able) - the access is via an alleyway that has a 90 degree corner in it.  Turdycurses.  As for the 750 Honda - well to rescue that means going thru' next door's back garden; the nearly new neighbours don't know that yet.....🤣.  In retrospect it wasn't a smart choice because of this limitation - but when you're a young cub there's no substitute for cc's.......

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

@polybear we had a red TS250ER for a while waaaay back in time, it was, um, just as awful as the XL.  Neither are particularly nice to ride, the later XL's are a world different (the twin port engine version, S or R model).  750's are just too heavy for me now, plus they're not suited to the back-road riding we now mostly do.

The TT programme all week is highlighting different bikes.  John McGuinness is a nice lad, he comes to Groudle Glen with his family after racing has finished, met him a few times.  The riders are in a different world to the F1 etc crowd, bar Mickey D who I don't like at all, bit of a prima donna.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, PupCam said:

Turdycurses!   I wanted to place the order early yesterday so there was at least a chance that I would get it before the long BH weekend.    I finally got a reply to my queries in the early evening so, as I received an appropriate answer, an order was sent late last night.   It will be a race against time to get it with RM's 48 Hour service that they use.     I should add that as my status had been elevated to "Slightly Miffed" I had looked for alternative sources for the same gadget  in the spirit of "I'll take my business to someone who will speak to me".   Alas I searched in vain.

Well Puppers received three lots of good news today:    

The first bit was an Email from said company stating that my order had been completed and dispatched. 

I was starting to fear the worst having heard nothing all day.  Then I looked in the Spam folder .....

The second bit was that they use the RM 24 Hour service not the RM 48 Hour service.

The third bit was from RM indicating that they will deliver my parcel around lunchtime tomorrow.   😀

Well I can't argue with that and so my status can now be downgraded to "Sleepy" and, subject to the goods being intact, good quality and "Just what I need" the company can be re-categorised as "Definitely use again".

On the subject of status levels, this always made me chuckle!

https://www.eetimes.com/england-raises-security-level-from-miffed-to-peeved/

Edited by PupCam
Typo again ...
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 12

59 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Just watching TT practice.  Dean Harrison lapped at 131.5 mph. For those not in the know, this is on single carriageway roads, over 37.7 miles. Eeek. 

Mt Panorama at Bathurst is like that, amazing how they do sub 2 minute laps given a good chunk of the track is a steep mountain climb followed by windy tight descent. 

Some laps are a lot slower but.

• Like 10
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all. Decided it was time to get back into things after a bit of an absence. 

Mojo has returned following the bike crash at Dalby Forest last month. It took four weeks for all the bits to heal but all discomfort now gone thank goodness. For three weeks sleeping was uncomfortable because if I turned the wrong way the pain would wake me up, so I was getting about four hours per night. 

Repairs to the bay window area have been completed. Had so much trouble trying to get people to take on a small job in their eyes that in the end I bit the bullet and got the tools out of retirement. First household DIY job I had done other than painting and a direct swap for a tap that I had done in three years. That probably means I have now got rid of most of the bodge jobs done by the cheap subbies used by the builder. Only took me fifteen years.

Meanwhile the garden has been tidied and the allotment is virtually all planted so that is down to the quick inspection and maintenance visits until crops start to be ready. Soft fruit will be the first I think.

9 hours ago, Barry O said:

Sense prevailed.. no cricket in Macclesfield for me today.

Yipppppppeeeeeeddddoooo!

My grandson should have been playing at Marple today but that was rained off. He made his debut for the district U13 yesterday. They lost a rain curtailed game against the county junior team by one run when their batsman was run out off the last ball. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

I wonder how many times the TT riders have to stop to change their underpants?

I remember seeing footage of a fatal motorcycle race c rash where the chain just disintegrated on the poor guy at 100mph+ 

Personally i think they must be out of their minds

• Agree 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

24 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Yeahbut....they're WIDE roads!

Whereas....

Wide roads? I respectfully beg to differ!

Plus theres a 1 in 6 climb followed by a rather windy bit - then a straight as far as the eye can see - heres  a nostalgic view. 

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Yeahbut....they're WIDE roads!

Whereas....

This shows just how good - and nuts - these guys really are......

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Wide roads? I respectfully beg to differ!

Plus theres a 1 in 6 climb followed by a rather windy bit - then a straight as far as the eye can see - heres  a nostalgic view. 

Try comparing motorcycle race deaths vs. the TT:

Mt. Panorama - 7 since 1953  [source: https://mount-panorama.com.au]

TT - 218 over the same period (assuming Bear didn't lose count); there were11 in 2005 alone).

There's been 275 in total since racing began, including 15 non-riders (spectators/marshalls/pit crew/bystander/police officer)

[source: Wiki]

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium

I'll stick to sailing on the broads, much safer at 6mph, and if the boat sinks, just stand on it, if you are unlucky, the water will reach your knees.

Evening Awl,

Just back from the MRC,

On the way there the heavens opened big time, the later arrivals were talking of flooded roads. Though by the time I left it was back to big puddles. Much seaweed planting carried out, still a long way to go though..

A good attendance, though a bit confusing as the first 6 were the normal Friday crew. Unless something strange happens. That will be the last Tuesday attendance for me until the start of the Christmas holidays after which I won't be going back to work.

Muggachoccy drunk , goodnight Awl..

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Quiet evening tonight, no sound from the foxes, not that it means that they're not around. If there's any noise its usually the cubs knocking something over when they're playfighting. High humidity tonight which usually makes the eczema very itchy so the aqueous cream will be slapped on tonight.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Well that was a complete wash out of a day. Had several jobs lined up but the weather was not playing ball so decided to scrub them and stay inside. Then ended up falling asleep.

The only bright spot was managed to get Devil Dog walked without having to convince her that wearing a coat isn't the end of the world. Really for a dog that doest like the rain you'd think she'd be grateful.

Hoping that tomorrow isn't a repeat.

• Friendly/supportive 18

7 hours ago, polybear said:

Try comparing motorcycle race deaths vs. the TT:

Mt. Panorama - 7 since 1953  [source: https://mount-panorama.com.au]

TT - 218 over the same period (assuming Bear didn't lose count); there were11 in 2005 alone).

There's been 275 in total since racing began, including 15 non-riders (spectators/marshalls/pit crew/bystander/police officer)

[source: Wiki]

Hey theres  enough dangerous stuff here as it is  -  no complaints from down here if you want to claim "deadliest motorbike race"!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 11
  • Funny 3

TS185, blue, TS250, yellow, then later a FT500 in red, which wasn’t a bad bike despite some poor reviews.

I managed to chew through both a plug and piston by ‘tuning’ the bike, had to push it 4 miles home and repair it myself…. Happy days.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The first of my 2 recent orders arrived today, it was small enough to go through the letter box. I then had an email this afternoon, informing me that the larger one is due to arrive on Friday, but no time was given. 

Anyway, back to today, much tidying up of boxes has taken place and now, similar types of items are now stored together instead of being stored randomly, which makes perfect sense to me. There are still a few boxes left to do, which, as tomorrow’s weather prediction is very much like today’s, will probably get done tomorrow. We had a few hours of sunshine late in the afternoon, which lasted until the evening,  but it’s once more p!ss!ng down again. 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2