The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather overcast here but the weather forecast did suggest it would be warm and sunny later.

Andrew, sorry about your back and that you won't be at Frating tomorrow.

We don't eat very hot curry here but I believe the "official" advice would be to use yoghurt.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Boy, am I tired after this week... If I could, I guess I could sleep through the entire weekend. As I but will probably hold a new practice lesson on Tuesday, this won't happen, though. It's not that I were complaining, but lesson planning can be quite demanding if you do not want to bore your students.

• RMweb Premium

Morning Afternoon Evening All,

What is this "work" concept of which so many speak? I was employed for many years but I'm not sure I would classify most of what I did as work!

Looking forward to seeing what operating sequence Phil the driver has come up with for Cramdin. Then again perhaps we will just perform a freeform wagon ballet as per normal.

Have a good weekend all. Looks like it could be a damp one down in Worthing!

Cheers

Dave

What business were you in, Don? Apologies, because I'm something of a late comer.......

On the Home Front take heed on that former Katia Hurricane storm system that is expected to hit western Scotland and possibly north west England on Monday. It is vast in size and is likely to contain embedded powerful T-Storms with high wind gust fronts of up to 80mph + and heavy rain. The US guys are predicting it's arrival as a classic strong Winter Storm. As we did with Irene and Lee it is best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It's been very foggy outside when I got up an hour ago, but as we also are above 18° it looks like it's going to be fairly warm. I think tidying up the flat will be one item on today's agenda, plus most likely refining the concept I have come up with for Tuesday and which I had emailed to the course teacher for him to have a look at, and possibly give me advice on how to improve it further.

Cheers everyone...

Well, apart from 3 months when I worked alongside both my Dad and Grandad in the family business (Wholesale Fruit and Veg) at Spitalfields Market - which meant getting up at 3:00am 6 days a week; all my life was spent in the Music Business - my Mother swore I never worked at all!!!!

I can remember saying Goodnight to my Dad as he was going off to work just as I was getting home.....

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Morning all!

Any paid work I've had has always had long hours... mostly with only one break even if I have worked from 7am - 9pm. I don't mind it though to be honest - I prefer to be working continuously than have loads of short breaks to interrupt the flow - especially if you are doing absolutely nothing. Maybe I'm just odd?!

Right, well I best get down to the exhibition to help set up - I'll try and take some photos and put them up later.

Enjoy your day folks!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, a dull looking day beyond the curtains, we have a lot of redundant banana boxes for recycling and a piece of furniture for the hospice shop so thats the morning occupied. I must get my challenge entry assembled as well as watching qualifying and more light fittings installed, think I need a holiday!

• RMweb Gold

I don't think I'll be watching any rugby. Definitely not my favourite game, Matthew used to quite like it at school though, although he was rather uncoordinated he was very difficult to knock over!

Tony