The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I think you will be forking out some modelling tokens unless you can convince the boss that the insects are responsible.

Nope, all is good and I've dodged a bullet as it only cost a couple of pound note coins so "it's not the end of the world."  I think my window cleaning escapades helped as she's still laughing about that and was telling one of her friends about it on the phone earlier. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I resent that insinuation, I’ll have you know that at the time of the break-in, I, @Happy Hippo, @jamie92208 and @PupCam were enjoying a particularly fine 59 Dom Perignon (properly chilled, of course) whilst playing Bridge in the Dining Car of the Venice-Simplon Orient Express. I remember it very clearly as @jamie92208 won his third rubber in a row (and £25000j as we were just outside Zürich…

Hmmm......iD's naming names and squealing now - it gets worse n' worse.....

Not quite sure how Puppers got framed though - or has iD been paid off/warned off/insert other option of your choice here......

In other news......

In a moment of madness Bear "did" the Conservatory - Bear's on a roll.......Big Tick.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

The house is quite warm today (relatively speaking).

The thermostat is still set at 18°C (daytime) but with outdoor temperatures in the last two days reaching around 23°C and 20°C it remains around 23°C indoors and I doubt the heat has been on in a while, despite cool (16°C) cloudy conditions today. Showers are forecast but have not materialized.

The house is well insulated and I've noticed that it seems to warm up faster than it naturally cools down.

Sons and granddaughter visited yesterday. It was nice to see them all. The television was tuned to playoff basketball for the eldest. I doubt I have watched that much basketball (two playoff game sevens) in a very long time, if ever. Watched in person, basketball (and ice hockey*) are fun, but I don't much enjoy them on television.

* That was on too.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

27 minutes ago, polybear said:

......iD's naming names and squealing now - it gets worse n' worse.....

Clearly the Bear is a Bear of Little Legal Knowledge.

There IS a big difference between grassing someone up and “providing a rock-solid alibi” as @jamie92208can attest.

Not only can the above mentioned individuals corroborate each other’s whereabouts on the night in question, but the sommelier in Dining Car will remember us for our generous £500 tip. So I provided a 

ROCK

SOLID

ALIBI!

The reward of 5’000 LDC for information about the break in has clearly clouded the Bear’s judgement.

p.s. It may be useful for The Bear to learn that anonymous letters to the police about “matters of some interest” usually are devoid of LDC crumbs and scraps of fur and are wiped clean of pawprints before sending…

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

About an hour ago I spotted a vixen and three cubs in my back garden. The cubs were smaller than the last lot and obviously younger. after watching them for about five minutes a dog barking spooked the vixen and she rounded up the cubs and disappeared.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Bear is realising more and more just what a loss - and what a bunch of T0ssers the previous site hosts(?)** are - because of the loss of the thousands of photos that illustrated so many threads on this site.  Here's hoping AndyY can fix it - there's a LDC with his name on it if he can......

In other news.....

Anyone know the normal B.P. for a Bear?  This was the score yesterday:

1017160060_IMG_24961.JPG.f09462651588f08d04034951e3b2b271.JPG

Is that good or bad?

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear is realising more and more just what a loss - and what a bunch of T0ssers the previous site hosts(?)** are - because of the loss of the thousands of photos that illustrated so many threads on this site.  Here's hoping AndyY can fix it - there's a LDC with his name on it if he can......

In other news.....

Is that good or bad?

I'd kill for it....

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

37 minutes ago, polybear said:

In other news.....

Is that good or bad?

Looks normal to me (normotensive 90-119 systolic/60-79 diastolic)

One other thing, for a diagnosis of hypertension you’ll need several readings and probably some diagnostic lab (blood) work as well

Edited by iL Dottore
Obviously I mistyped the systolic ULN it’s 119 of course NOT 199
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

27 minutes ago, polybear said:

Is that good or bad?

I don’t know what normal BP for a bear is, but that’s pretty good for a human bean:

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/diastolic-and-systolic-blood-pressure-know-your-numbers

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
Just now, New Haven Neil said:

The UK medics normally give 120/80 as a target - one I hit....sometimes.

In which case I hit the bullseye almost every time.  If I'm more than 5 adrift from either of those that's unusual for me.  115/72 was the lowest ever that I recall.  

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

The UK medics normally give 120/80 as a target - one I hit....sometimes.

I am around that usually now, pulse about 60bpm but I am on medication to achieve that! Also my spO2 readings are pretty good too. Before the stenting my oximeter just beeped warnings at me.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evening orl.

An interesting post-script to Mrs NHN's 'unscripted' job change woes - she got to work this morning to be told it has to be put back as it was. 

The two full time and one part time persons that her previous work had been transferred to.....can't cope.  The manager responsible has used every excuse in the 'It wasn't me that ate the LDC' book of lies to explain why she had changed Deb's work ('I thought you would be really good at this' - for the sort of work she hates and left her last job due to) and now why she was changing it back.  More senior manager (the other one's boss) Debs sits opposite winked and smirked as this was all going on......seems he had wielded the awl of seniority as the job fell apart in just one week. Valued - nice.

Mrs NHN now in good form and not shooting arrows into genitalia of grazing cardboard animals.

Did Mrs NHN happen to leave a photo of that shot in a convenient place "just waiting to be found" or mention a visit from Donk and his buddies just before the latest change of heart ??

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I resent that insinuation, I’ll have you know that at the time of the break-in, I, @Happy Hippo, @jamie92208 and @PupCam were enjoying a particularly fine 59 Dom Perignon (properly chilled, of course) whilst playing Bridge in the Dining Car of the Venice-Simplon Orient Express. I remember it very clearly as @jamie92208 won his third rubber in a row (and £25000j as we were just outside Zürich…

And a very fine slurp it was too!  

(I'd go easy on the Bridge playing bit though as I think Bear may be aware that actually I can't stand playing cards .... unless of course they are Printed Circuit Cards as we used to call them back in the '70s)

• Funny 11

8 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear once stood on the steps of the Taj Mumbai Hotel

You can get that experience in Seattle, which like other coastal cities in the US can be rather liberal.  Not only the sleepers but their tents and other belongings are  scattered along the sidewalk.  Other streets are lined with mucky cars and RVs which are apparently home to many.  Seattle and other cities are now beginning to dismantle such eyesores due to public input and health reasons.

Brian.

• Informative/Useful 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well this morning’s rain had stopped by the time I returned home from Sainsbury’s and was replaced by some welcome sunshine. It didn’t last, by mid afternoon it was chuckinitdarn again, only to be followed by some more sunshine around 6 o’clock this evening. 

As to what I’ve done during the day, well basically, I’ve done burger all, apart from reading the couple of model railway themed magazines that I picked up whilst in Sainsbury’s, so it’s been quite a pleasant relaxing sort of day. 

The weather for tomorrow is looking very much the same as today, I just hope my weather app is wrong! 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 6

5 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Don’t look at me!

Neither I nor Captain Cynical had anything to do with it!

Ah yes Herr Dokter and you are certain this isn't your stethoscope even though it has your fingerprints on it?

Take him away guard and bring in the next suspect. Don't let him bring that motorcycle engine in with him its dripping oil.

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Spotted in my back garden about an hour ago, a vixen with three cubs. I watched them for a while until they realised I was there and they promptly disappeared.

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

About an hour ago I spotted a vixen and three cubs in my back garden. The cubs were smaller than the last lot and obviously younger. after watching them for about five minutes a dog barking spooked the vixen and she rounded up the cubs and disappeared.

????

• Like 2