The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Tis snowing very heavily here, proper thick stuff too. And it wasn't forecast for tonight. Hope Mike made it down with the little 'un Ok.

Thanks, yes, safely down to Stanley. Had to stop twice on the hard shoulder of the M74 though as my washers froze up! Made it to the next service station and got more screen wash mix to stop them freezing up and sprayed them with antifreeze.

Driving back up tomorrow afternoon, it's due to snow then too!

Morning all,

-1.6C here and it looks like the ice which formed on the road yesterday is still there. However, did see the milk van negotiate it successfully earlier!

Just off to see if I can get to my new part-time job; allowing spare time because I'll be taking the long route (motorways and dual carriageways) rather than over the local steep hill!

Safe journey to you too, sixoh8sixoh; this time of year, I find a mixture of Halfords concentrated screen wash diluted only with some malt vinegar (about 1/2 bottle) fills my screen washer bottle!

Have a good weekend, folks!

Only a very light sprinkling of snow here which has frozen solid.

Clear skies.

The sun is just up and the air is like wine (albeit having spent too long in the ice bucket).

I have to go out later ... down the mountain ... watch out at the bottom.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Sky cleared after last nights snow so everything very crisp this morning. Great walk this morning, very bracing.

Mike: Have a safe journey.

Dave: Hope your 'Fuzzy Friday' wasn't too bad.

DD: don't try it without a safety net.

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

It is very sunny here but probably still below freezing. I didn't accompany Robbie during his run round the garden.

Our road is still icy but the B road it joins looks OK and we are planning to go to my sister in law's today.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Clear and crisp in these parts. At least the North wind has stopped (for a while). Rather beautifuhis side of the windowpane! Postie turned up with 30 metres of code 40 rail and 2,500 copperclad sleepers this morning so I shouldn't be short of something to do.

Cheers

Dave

Evening all, safely back in Edinburgh - eventually - having dropped Jamie back at her Mum's. Got held up west of Haltwhistle as an M&S lorry had jackknifed on the bank and had to wait while snowploughs and gritters circled that section. Was considering turning tail. Another jackknifed lorry on the eastbound carriageway a mile or so into Cumbria completely closed the road eastbound. Westbound traffic could just crawl past. Took 2.5 hours to Carlisle and then another 2 up the M6/74.

Washers froze up 40 miles south of Glasgow. And again on the journey across to Edinburgh. -6C at Shotts and a positively balmy -2C on Queensferry Road in Edinburgh.

Moral of the tale - don't go out there!!!

I expect the other ERs are fighting through snowdrifts to reach early morning services at their chosen place of worship.

York, Swindon, Darlington, Mid-Hants Railway? ;)

No new snow in Leith this morning, but it's due to have some snow showers today. After yesterday's trek, I think I'm going to stay indoors today if at all possible!