The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings all. I'm still ticking over. The summer of tourists is at an end and things are starting to return to a state of semi-chaos. Went to Celia Hammond's rescue centre in Lewisham yesterday with the idea to consider taking on another cat or 2. Came home with 3. We now have 4 psychotic felines roaming the house. One of the neighbour's cats seems to be courting us as well. We found a mouse "gift" left on the patio table the other day.

Modelling is as usual at a standstill. Haven't managed to spend any time in the shed for the past 6 weeks. Really not sure what to do with the 4 club modules. They are about a year overdue from where I had wanted them to be. I'd like to get then out of the shed so I can get the fiddleyard for Essex under way.

New assignment at work. The word dysfunctional comes to mind. I've never seen one group with so many conflicting agendas.

• RMweb Gold

Greetings all. I'm still ticking over.

New assignment at work. The word dysfunctional comes to mind. I've never seen one group with so many conflicting agendas.

Perhaps you should all start the day singing the company song or chanting your mission statement?

Interesting, but do I have the balls to do it? Sounds a bit scary to me. Is the idea to drown them?

Drowning a few helps but the main aim is to destroy the nest. I've done it successfully a few times over the years. Stand as far back as possible and direct the hosepipe (Finger over the end to increase pressure) into the nest.

Perhaps you should all start the day singing the company song or chanting your mission statement?

But I can't sing in Vogon. :O And, I'll be damned if I'm going to attempt the mission statement. Its Vogon poetry.

• RMweb Gold

Drowning a few helps but the main aim is to destroy the nest. I've done it successfully a few times over the years. Stand as far back as possible.......

Seems reasonable advice to me.

I've now been asked to leave a bank.

I was only enquiring about the "CASH. No charge" sign they had outside.

Jeez! What's the attraction in Bexley? Ted Heath's birthplace???

Best, Pete.

Free B&B that's 28 mins to the west end. Although, Hall Place, Red House, and Eltham Palace are pretty nice attractions. (yes I know Eltham is not in Bexley but close by) Then again the Goddess Kate Bush grew up just a few hundred yards from our place.

edit: $%*&ing predictive text

Edited by AndrewC

I assume you mean Kate Bush - I first met her when she was 16 and one of the relatively few to have seen her live on stage (twice).

Free B&B?????? I'll put my family up there!

Best, Pete.

We've had a never ending stream of family visitors this year. We've had to announce house renos for next summer to dissuade any olympic tourists. Normally we get 1 or 2 a year. Since April we've had 8. My son came for a 3 month visit in June last year. He still hasn't left.

As for Kate, Pete you are one jammy b*stard!!! But I'm not jealous. If I had met her when she was 16, I probably would have had a nuclear hormone meltdown. :training:

• RMweb Gold

We've had a never ending stream of family visitors this year. We've had to announce house renos for next summer to dissuade any olympic tourists. Normally we get 1 or 2 a year.

We get one or two a decade. Probably something I said!

Edited by Tony_S

Guest Max Stafford

Dealt with. The green staff at the golf club came out and did it with insecticide. They suggested we don't sit out in the garden this afternoon as some of the wasps were pretty peed off...

Understandable. :D

Shouldn't that be 'teed off', Gordon...?

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Remembering how I saw the first leaves turning yesterday, I was just reminded of Keats... "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness / Close ######-friend of the maturing sun / Conspiring with him how to load and bless..."

I'll be getting ready for school in a few, but breakfast is a must before I do. Weather forecast sounds fairly good, too - in fact, we're supposed to be back in the upper 20s by about Friday.

Cheers everyone...

Morning All,

I am sitting in the office and watching the sun rise. It looks like it is going to be a good day - It is also forecast to be a little cooler, so that should be more pleasant.

Glad to hear that your wasp nest has been dealt with Gordon. As an interesting aside, destroying a wasp nest is not allowed in Germany. You are supposed to get someone to come out and relocate it. (Load of rubbish - my ex MiL's neighbour did that, paid 70€ for the privilege and two days later they were back).

I should add that squiriting a nest with a hose is incredibly dangerous! I had a nest a few years ago in one of my flower beds - it didn't appear too active until I was watering the flowers, at which point a huge cloud of wasps emerged. I beat a tactical retreat and only got stung a couple of times. A former customer of mine was less lucky - he mowed over a nest which was located in long grass. He didn't live to tell the tale. He wasn't allergic, it was purely down to the sheer number of stings.

Have a good day everyone...

Edited by Robert

Spring is in the air! :)

16-17C Max today and the next two days. Still wearing jerseys though. Am able to turn the lights off by 8:00 AM and not on again until 6:00 pm.

What news of the wasps nest Gordon? (Oop, Just checked back and seen "Dealt with")

Is the B1 chassis a new build or modifications to an existing loco?

Edited by DonBradley