The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, 241/117

4 hours sleep, 2.5 hours sleep not too bad for me..

Ben the Alarm Clock Collie was on time, which was just as well or I'd have slept on.. He enjoyed a good morning patrol lots of interesting smells to follow..

Dry, few clouds, chilly and windy.. the forecast suggests, Fraggle rock may approach the mainland.. the sun was up before I got to work.. The local Tes and Co has run out of Diesel..

Decided the seat move in Blue Moon will occur Easter weekend.. As I get Friday off normally, I'll now be having Thursday off instead, so a good 5 days off without using any holiday leave.. 

In order to do the work I have ordered the Acetal rod, and am working on a list of tools and consumables I'll need to take down to the boat with me.

I think the poor quality of UK pot noodles is company profits, I suspect every effort is made  to reduce costs and keep anything they can out of the pots.

Spent nearly 5 hours measuring DCV yesterday, as well as measuring extra points, and measuring everything in two different ways. Some of the new measurements are to 0.01 of a millionth of a volt.. So the results were like... 5.00000003 volts.. I couldn't even surf the web during those sections, as any movement at all was changing the results..

Now the overnight automatic run has just finished, I suppose its.

Time to measure Ohms for a lot of today..

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

We used fluorescent environmentally friendly dye for that as well as sticks in a freezing cold river on Arran 

Not so sure that's quite in the spirit of the game somehow.  I have visions of a Bear with purple paws for the next 5 years.....

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Baseball? Baseball!!!

Isn’t that just rounders for boys?

Yup.  Only with an obscene amount of money chucked at it.

22 minutes ago, TheQ said:

The local Tes and Co has run out of Diesel..

So's the Navy, apparently......

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/thieves-steal-more-than-250-000-of-diesel-meant-to-power-navy-warship/ar-AAVW5V4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=18a159bd90bb4733bbc5fb3792b632bd

So much for "Security" at RN Dockyards.  If bollox don't end up on the chopping block for that one then there really is no justice in the world.

Spent nearly 5 hours measuring DCV yesterday, as well as measuring extra points, and measuring everything in two different ways. Some of the new measurements are to 0.01 of a millionth of a volt.. So the results were like... 5.00000003 volts.. I couldn't even surf the web during those sections, as any movement at all was changing the results..

What sort of equipment justifies an accuracy like that?

Time to measure Ohms for a lot of today..

Ohm...Ohm on the Raaange.........

Coat, Hat......

Bear here....

Well it seems that the Wife of a certain holder of the UK's purse strings is a tax fiddler, sorry, financially adept at dodging UK Tax whilst technically breaking no laws.  Now where's that ANGRY emoji.....

Yep, that's a Rant.

Today is designated as a MIUABGA Day, fitted around a bonce cut and visit from buddy.  Still no tracking news on the absent wallpaper - I feel a Beary snottogram is required....

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, polybear said:

Not so sure that's quite in the spirit of the game somehow.  I have visions of a Bear with purple paws for the next 5 years.....

Yup.  Only with an obscene amount of money chucked at it.

So's the Navy, apparently......

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/thieves-steal-more-than-250-000-of-diesel-meant-to-power-navy-warship/ar-AAVW5V4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=18a159bd90bb4733bbc5fb3792b632bd

So much for "Security" at RN Dockyards.  If bollox don't end up on the chopping block for that one then there really is no justice in the world.

Nothing changes in the Docks .

What sort of equipment justifies an accuracy like that?

I'm calibrating stuff used for calibration stuff, and that stuff might be Military /  Nuclear / satellite / Space

Ohm...Ohm on the Raaange.........

Coat, Hat......

Bear here....

Well it seems that the Wife of a certain holder of the UK's purse strings is a tax fiddler, sorry, financially adept at dodging UK Tax whilst technically breaking no laws.  Now where's that ANGRY emoji.....

Not quite as simple as it sounds, she pays UK tax on UK earnings, she's an Indian citizen, (India doesn't recognise dual citizenship) and much of her  business is there..

Yep, that's a Rant.

Today is designated as a MIUABGA Day, fitted around a bonce cut and visit from buddy.  Still no tracking news on the absent wallpaper - I feel a Beary snottogram is required....

The Q

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, 45156 said:

That is a fancy one - and as we now don't plan to move again, and I am getting no younger, it is probably better to have it moved while we can afford it - also if I was unable to get up there for any reason, 30747 doesn't "do" lofts - we've also got a local heating engineer today who may well come in cheaper.

I have a brochure from a local company offering a 24/7 call-out service as well as annual service of the boiler for £15.99 per month and I'm seriously considering taking it up.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Chuckin it down now, euugh.  One of those days when you really want to go out, and the weather disagrees.  I know i won't melt, but there is no pleasure in walking around the village in a howling gale and horizontal rain. 😞

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Just reported on the weather news. It's even colder in Spain and the Balearics than it is here. I hope @chrisf packed a few woolly jumpers. There's also a major storm heading for France this weekend. The top edge of it will brush against the English south coast for a while on Saturday morning.

• Like 13
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Erichill16 said:

Morning all,

Ive arranged locum cover for me today so I need to decide what to do. Very windy and wet outside and for the first time in ages, we don’t have Sydney on a Thursday. Turdy curses. Not had chance to take Syd out for three weeks now.

I should really stay in and do some bookwork but feel I need a break from ‘the business’. I do have a voucher from a certain emporium in Sheffield  that needs redeeming and we could then head off towards Bakewell, Buxton or Matlock. Unfortunately I don’t really have the enthusiasm for anything so will let’s SWMBO decide.

Robert

Abbeydale industrial hamlet is worth a visit not too far from the emporium you are visiting.

We went pre pandemic and spent ages watching a guy perched on a plank grinding a ceremonial sworrd

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, polybear said:

Just spray a little "something" on the door handles.....

I am told 'it' still has dramatic effects on the numbers of visitors coming to Salisbury with of course concomitant closing of many small businesses.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, polybear said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper - and a lot less upheaval - to change the loft ladder for a fancy one? 

Or even one of the new 'no shaft' lifts.

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

18 hours ago, polybear said:

Just spray a little "something" on the door handles.....

Once upon a time they used to burn turf and manure to keep warm. Perhaps the nice Irish people could dump a few tonnes of manure off so the Russians can keep warm. 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Time to star in a video... Sunday 27th March at about 15:30, 3 minutes in yours truly and Blue Moon well and truly aground being rescued...

The video is of some of our sailing waters ,normally from the clubhouse on the sharp corner of the river for a mile and a half upstream.. however we do like to sail down river from the club house to a pub either 5 miles away or 8 miles away..

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6