The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, BoD said:

I’m off to take and send gas and electric meter readings.

I've just tried to update my meter readings online.  Not a chance, it would appear that their website just can't cope with the numbers doing the same.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

For those below and others that I haven't been able to contact.

@Gwiwer

@iL Dottore @TheQ

@tetsudofan

@polybear

@BoD

Glad to be back. FYI I opened a Facebook group called 'The Diversion Line'  for those missing their daily dose of RMweb. I opened it only a few days ago and it will remain open for another week or two and then I will archive it. If you haven't joined please do although it will soon be defunct it will be there if RMweb was to go down again.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Barry O said:

seems like recent  all photos have gone west.. bugggrrrrriiiiiitttttttttt!

Baz

All those in the last year, Baz

Andy explains what happened here ...

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BoD said:

I've just tried to update my meter readings online.  Not a chance, it would appear that their website just can't cope with the numbers doing the same.

Took me about 50 attempts at logging in - each step of the way it could kick me out, luckily it retained the url inc search when it broke so all I had to do was keep logging in over and over till it said I had two readings successully done - and then I took a couple of screenshots showing the readings on their site - just in case.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, BoD said:

I have a smart meter, just as well as its impossible to read my gas meter where it is.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, BoD said:

nope it seems hit and miss but some of mine from 2013 have gone awol..  could be a while putting some pictures back in...

Baz

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Took me about 50 attempts at logging in - each step of the way it could kick me out, luckily it retained the url inc search when it broke so all I had to do was keep logging in over and over till it said I had two readings successully done - and then I took a couple of screenshots showing the readings on their site - just in case.....

Haven't even managed to get it to log in after much more than 50 attempts (E.on)

It keeps throwing me out with:

eon.JPG.d0a66b8c4a0d08120ec3e153ad7ab35e.JPG

I can see a lot of aggro towards the power companies tomorrow when people haven't been able to enter their readings on time.

19 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I have a smart meter, just as well as its impossible to read my gas meter where it is.

Smart Meter users are recommended to note their readings, ideally a smart phone photo with time & date tags, as there are expected to be many errors in billing.

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BoD said:

I did mine 2 weeks ago Warren. This resulted in my monthly payment now being double what I was paying last October.  Have now instigated increased energy saving measures by turning thermostat down and cutting down on the hours the heating is on and wearing warmer clothing if necessary.  Up until now the weather has been warmer which has helped a lot but today it's been a bit wintry and we've even had a couple of snow showers inbetween the sunny periods. 

Mustn't grumble though as there are people in the world with no heating, water, food and having bombs and shells lobbed at them which rather puts things here into perspective.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

On our last bill we were £360 in credit, and they wanted to increase our monthly payment....err no!

An odd day here, started very cold but sunny, got out quite nice this afternoon, so I worked on outside jobs.  Quite a few have been completed during our enforced 'lockdown' of RMW.

Some folk here have been making a stink on faceache about the fact we have 20 in hospital with covid, the CEO has pointed out most of them are actually in for other things, and happened to test positive on admission - not being aware they were positive. (so much for doing LFT's before they go...pah).  We've got to get on living with it folks, just like measles or flu.

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

My energy bills are in credit but not as much as NHN's. After claiming back some of the credit from last year I was keeping an eye on it so that I could ask for a reduction in the payments. The current price increases have knocked that on the head but I should not have to pay much more if anything at all.

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BoD said:

I haven't gone right back but on my layout thread there's nothing later than 2019.  However in the posts the filename is there so if I had nothing better to do I could repost them back in. They are all listed in my profile so it might bevpossible to use that route.

Jamie

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I haven't gone right back but on my layout thread there's nothing later than 2019.  However in the posts the filename is there so if I had nothing better to do I could repost them back in. They are all listed in my profile so it might bevpossible to use that route.

Jamie

I've just gone into My Attachments under my profile. 246 pages at 25 photos per page. It appears that the cutoff date is 1st June 2021. That's 82 pages missing that's roughly 2050 photos.  Fortunately  I have a life.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

…I've had to learn how to talk to the Wife.😁

Oh dear!

2 hours ago, BoD said:

Worse than that ...

I even started listening to what she was saying.

NO, No, no!
”Worse” is when you start listening to The Wife and you begin to agree with what she’s saying…

• Agree 1
  • Funny 11

I really like @TheQ and @Tony_S new Avatars.

There’s something about Ben that makes me want to open the treat box for him (I have a green plastic box in my home office which contains lots of very “high value” dog treats – such as duck breast fillet and the like. Lucy has learned that when I am wearing headphones [which means I’m in a teleconference] she can beg The dog treats with a guaranteed 100% success rate). I wonder if he is a “cuddly“ dog, some dogs like cuddles, some dogs hate them and others will put up with them for treats.

Dinner tonight will be a Japanese style curry with beef flank that has been cooked for 24 hours sous-vide. Cooking the toughest meat sous-vide for anywhere between 12 and 24 hours certainly is a guarantee of incredibly tender meat at the end of the cooking. I shall try not to indulge too much!

Have a great evening

iD

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Took me about 50 attempts at logging in

British Gas are now directing you to a form to submit your reading saying it wont be updated real time but will be dealt with eventually ... mmm.

Anyway, fill the form in,  click submit and - guess what- it hangs.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Afternoon all, great big thanks to @AY Modand team for the hard work involved...

Chilly here in Minnesota still, supposed to warm up tomorrow - yeah RIGHT!!!

Another BIN day in the books, and a return to RM Web makes everything looks rosy 🤩👍

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

nope it seems hit and miss but some of mine from 2013 have gone awol..  could be a while putting some pictures back in...

Baz

You are correct.   I’ve just had a look back at my thread and there seems no rhyme or reason as to which images are showing and which aren’t.  Hopefully it may just  be (apart from the last year, which we know about) that the database is still being repopulated/rebuilt.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

@melmerby I was also on Eon, it was a case of getting past those messages, simple brute force, ignore all messages and kept going till it responded with a screen I could use, do the input and then back to brute force till it said it had been received.

Thay've changed the banner when you try and log in.

Now giving you until 9th April to submit today's readings:

eon2.JPG.ee82f80225d59326d8c913f5e0c79894.JPG

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

We've got to get on living with it folks, just like measles or flu.

Inevitably, but the challenge is in not dying from it, rather than living with it. Measles is almost entirely preventable*. Locally, influenza cases are rising but they were effectively zero over the last couple of seasons due to CoViD pandemic measures.

* Two doses of MMR vaccine are about 97% effective at preventing measles; one dose is about 93% effective. (US CDC)

Here (in Oregon) our CoViD case count has declined to the point where it was in mid-July 2021 before the SAR-CoVi-2-Delta was encountered - which is certainly encouraging. For some reason not entirely clear to me, daily fatalities continue to be robustly high (almost 20 on average) where at mid-July they averaged much fewer (2).

The UK has consistently been a reliable bellwether for the progression of the pandemic in the US. I continue to peruse John's data with interest.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1