The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

On a much lighter not, there was a lass who wrote smutty stories in a lads mag in the 1970's, her registration on the E type Jag she had was FU 2, she had a holiday place in Dorset and she drove past one day and gave us a wave, thank goodness she didn't stop, I might have been in one of her stories lol.

Not called Richmond was she, a friend want's to know.

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 14

I have been getting myself into a tangle trying to find some cardboard boxes. At one time you could walk into any supermarket and  come out with an harmful. I need them for temporary storage of books 2 bookcases worth to clear them out of spare bedroom then I can get shut of the 2 mismatched bookcases then we can paint the wall in the spare bedroom 

I have 2 plastic storage boxed and I have managed to source a banana box with lid which I can make into 2 storage boxes 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

44 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I've had a bad morning with lack of sleep..

Several measurements have gone wrong and I've had to redo them..

Bit like misreading the dual factor identification.. Yes it is Online only at the moment  though that doesn't help me, as mobiles don't work at home.. I've discovered there's a machine they'll send you, you shove the card in, type in a number on the machine that comes up on the PC screen, the gadget then gives back another number you type in on the PC..  Lots of chances here for dyslexic fingers here to get that wrong..

I'll have to get one of these machines..

Swmbo had one and promptly lost it typical. It was the size of a small pocket calculator 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

Earlier this morning the sky was dull and brownish so I assume it was Saharan sand passing over.It hasn’t rained yet. I was up early to put a few bin bags out.

After our nice postie left a couple of packages I was able to fit a proper pop up waste to the kitchen sink to replace my bodged European/UK fitting version. Of course the proper all UK system leaked a lot but eventually much tightening solved it. I did mention that the pop up control no longer matches the sink but Aditi said it works and it matches the tap so not a problem. 
Tony

• Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Earlier this morning the sky was dull and brownish so I assume it was Saharan sand passing over.It hasn’t rained yet.

The odd colour of the sky was also noted by several of us at the House of Fun. 

Similar comments regarding its content were made. 

Upon return to the Hill of Strawberries it had rained. Every car and many other items had received a wet sandy coating. 

At least the neighbour who had the misfortune to have been suddenly and violently unwell in her car yesterday isn’t the only one out this afternoon cleaning up! 

The village shop, however, has sold out of baking soda (it helps with the smell) and I have donated another bottle of carpet shampoo to a good cause. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Not called Richmond was she, a friend want's to know.

A vicar's daughter would never have a car registration like that.  According to documentary I stumbled upon a week or so back it was the other one, Mary, who once opened a certain shop in London which had more visitors from the Met than paying customers.

Charlie

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

You don't know how funny that sounds to Australians.

With one of my mates from the youth club we were passing the church and associated houses one day. The new young curate was in his garden clearing out some old shrubs.

After a few minutes of conversation he said "Must go now, I have to get my root up before lunch". We had to try to keep a straight face until we were out of sight,

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Went down to Tess Coes earlier and as I entered the store I felt a few spots of rain. When I got back to the car it was coated in the Sahara dust making it look as if it had been driven through a muddy field. The hand is hurting less now but feeling a bit stiff but I'm still being careful when it comes to carrying anything.

3 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

I have been getting myself into a tangle trying to find some cardboard boxes. At one time you could walk into any supermarket and  come out with an harmful. I need them for temporary storage of books 2 bookcases worth to clear them out of spare bedroom then I can get shut of the 2 mismatched bookcases then we can paint the wall in the spare bedroom 

I have 2 plastic storage boxed and I have managed to source a banana box with lid which I can make into 2 storage boxes 

I was looking for some cardboard boxes the other day. I searched high and low for one, I knew I had plenty somewhere. I turned round a few minutes ago and there they were right behind me. :banghead: If you were not so far away you would be welcome to some of them. Though cardboard boxes are not really suitable for books unless they are very strong, the plastic boxes are better in that regard.

• Like 12
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Art'noon...

Bin playing trains....and it's bin busy. :locomotive:

IMG-0977.JPG.8c2d4b6b5d4f020e7de714ad18a80bb9.JPG

Hmmm, there is one motor there that looks like a Genset; it definitely, to me anyway, looks quite out of place! :biggrin_mini:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

After our nice postie left a couple of packages I was able to fit a proper pop up waste to the kitchen sink to replace my bodged European/UK fitting version. Of course the proper all UK system leaked a lot but eventually much tightening solved it. I did mention that the pop up control no longer matches the sink but Aditi said it works and it matches the tap so not a problem. 

Quit while you're ahead.....

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

At least the neighbour who had the misfortune to have been suddenly and violently unwell in her car yesterday isn’t the only one out this afternoon cleaning up! 

The village shop, however, has sold out of baking soda (it helps with the smell) and I have donated another bottle of carpet shampoo to a good cause. 

For sale, one careful Lady owner, low mileage.......

In other news......

Well it seems the £213 fine was only for the video she made; she could still receive a prison sentence of up to 15 years for the telly protest:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fears-russian-journalist-who-waved-anti-war-sign-on-state-tv-could-still-be-jailed/ar-AAV7VBn?ocid=msedgntp

Maybe they'd like to swap places with those in the Ukraine:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/shoppers-fight-over-sugar-after-sanctions-leave-russia-s-supermarket-shelves-empty/ar-AAV8dqX?ocid=msedgntp

And finally.....

Nazanin is on the plane (a private/exec jet by the looks of it) and on her way....:yahoo:

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, polybear said:

what a shame we can't sell our sugar in Russia anymore - we'd have made a fortune. It might have paid for the damage the Russian shells have done to our refinery in Ukraine

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

And finally.....

Nazanin is on the plane (a private/exec jet by the looks of it) and on her way....:yahoo:

I might not be Captain Cynical but Iran has an awful lot of oil that they're not allowed to sell because of sanctions. Add in other factors such as the *Saudi's are a bit miffed with the US at the moment and won't up their production its a slam dunk. *The Saudi's and the Iranians are always at loggerheads. The Saudi's are Sunni Moslems and the Iranians are Shia's. The two sects hate each other so much that it makes the troubles in Northern Ireland look like a playground spat.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

I think you started and Arabic ww3 with that , the Saudi are Sunni and the Iranians Are Shia..

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 7