The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

And there’s a fault on the earth.

Just on the phone to edf as their live chat is down.

ffs.

regards

pi$$ed off from Barnsley 

Has the builder been paid yet - and will these problems mean the Shopfitters will bump their price due to delays?

If you have a problem - and no-one else can help - call Bear n' Hippo.  Just make sure you have cake.  Lots and lots of.  And some more....

:friends: 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

And Bear again....

Just had a link for this come in via email:

"Holds up to 113Kg safely - no need for extra battens or studs behind the plasterboard"

Any takers?

:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

3 hours ago, AndrewC said:

It seems one out of favour oligarch has offered $1m in cash to any Russian general or group that removes and arrests putin. 

Is there a Gofundit campaign, I’d be happy to chip in with a couple of quid?

• Like 3
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

26 minutes ago, polybear said:

Has the builder been paid yet - and will these problems mean the Shopfitters will bump their price due to delays?

If you have a problem - and no-one else can help - call Bear n' Hippo.  Just make sure you have cake.  Lots and lots of.  And some more....

:friends: 

Earth faults can come from the supplier side of the meter then it becomes even harder to sort especially if the seals on the meter need to be broken someone from the supplier/distribution company need to come out and disconnect.

The earth problem can come from a neighbouring property or damaged cables outside not necessarily from inside your own propert

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, grandadbob said:

I received an email from my energy supplier yesterday regarding price increases from the 1st April.  They are suggesting a figure of more than double what I was paying last year.  Not totally unexpected but it still hurts. 

Bear has just received such an email - all I can say is:

$G6%hg%3K8B%5v£$%IHDF^ :angry:

It seems they're predicting another five hundred notes a year - which'll be b0llox cos' Bear's Gas meter is fubarred and they've been estimating my gas use for a while now (the meter is due to be replaced next week).

Even taking that into account there's gonna be a lot of very unhappy bunnies when they get similar emails - and a lot of people who simply have no chance whatsoever of paying.  It's fortunate that summer is coming - the real pain will be next autumn if the prices haven't dropped.

• Like 8
  • Agree 7

13 minutes ago, NGT6 1315 said:

My dad messaged me saying he had watched German warships getting prepared to sortie to the Baltic. All I could reply to this was that this feels so like the 1980s!

I'm also reading Leipzig has been assigned the coordinating role for managing refugees arriving in Saxony - doubtlessly in no small part due to its partnership with Kiev.

I was thinking similar thoughts earlier but a long the lines of Russian Subs in the Stockholm archipelago 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NGT6 1315 said:

My dad messaged me saying he had watched German warships getting prepared to sortie to the Baltic. All I could reply to this was that this feels so like the 1980s!

Meanwhile the RN T45's are still awaiting engine fixes....

The word on the street is that the S.S. Waverley and the IOW Ferry are to be press-ganged.

Well it seems that the IOC are also to join the ranks of the T0ssers - Ruskie and Belarussian Althletes are being allowed to compete under neutral flags.  (Beary Thought for the Day:  when the Ruskies have been busted for drug-taking will that lead to a blanket ban on all "Neutrals"?  Could be interesting....)

And Abramovitch has confirmed he's flogging off Chelsea FC - now wouldn't it be funny if he flogged it, money into the Barclays, HMG seize the dosh quick before he gets his grubby paws on it....:laugh:

And finally....

Bear "had a result" with a purchase (Choo Chooooo :wink_mini:) on the 'bay; however the system decided to keep Bear in suspense cos' it decided to display a message along the lines of "we're just trying to determine who's won - please refresh this page".  Several times, as it happens....

Also....

My Beary Radar senses that Oneweb can wave bye-bye to their 36 Satellites currently sitting on top of a Rocket in Russia.  Ouch.  

Edited by polybear
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

I am afraid the IOC are as bent as the proverbial 9 Bob note the whole thing of host cities and that is as corrupt as a corrupt thing of your choice 

The following so applies to the IOC and FIFA, to my mind...

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

, I am going to take a break from posting here as I am a little fed up of the political postings and the language that is being applied to people or groups who are not responsible for the atrocities of a madman that happens to share their nationality.

This thread is not the correct place to do so in my opinion. I keep my politics out of here as they are probably considered contentious by some. Sorry but this is how I feel.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. On the news reports, Germany is considering restarting some 'mothballed' coal fired power stations. Problem is of course they are highly polluting, especially those that burn 'brown coal'. They are also considering nuclear power stations but they will take years to make operational. On the subject of heating, my thermostat is on an internal wall but the nearest radiator, in the utility room has been disconnected for years. The coldest part of the house is the bathroom and the upstairs corridor leading to the same. They both are on the exposed side of the house and are noticeably cooler by about three degrees, when there is a north west wind in particular. There is a heated towel rail in the bathroom but all it does is heat towels. However the hot water pipe to the bath runs along the skirting board down one side of the room and that heats the room to a comfortable temperature whenever a bath is run. Instead of turning the thermostat down in one hit I've turned it down one degree every morning. it will be turned down to twenty tomorrow morning and possibly to nineteen on Friday.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Evenin' each.

Our energy supplier estimates that we will be paying an extra £900 :mad: in the coming year

Ouch....:friends:

so some more steps will have to be taken to reduce our usage. 

It's when SWMBO cuts the plug off your Hammant & Morgan that things get really serious....

..... so The Boss has been instructed, yes instructed to cut down on its use until we can find a better one. 

Do let us know:laugh: what Ward you're on....

(It may be worth working out the "payback time" for savings made using a new Drier vs. the purchase cost - unless of course the existing one is on it's last legs anyway)

• Agree 6
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

German coal is more lignite towards the former East Germany . I am not sure if the Germans still mine in the Rhur valley. 

Coal mining in the Ruhr area ended in 2018. Power generation from coal of any kind is scheduled to end in 2038, as per the Coal Power Reduction and Termination Act of 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 12

48 minutes ago, Natalie said:

I am a little fed up of the political postings and the language that is being applied to people or groups who are not responsible ...

This thread is not the correct place to do so in my opinion.

Natalie I understand completely. Many (if not most) of us are saturated with images of this tragedy on television.

I do think it is impossible for ERs as a community to completely ignore the current situation and I was genuinely interested to hear the posts from people with personal connections to the affected region which I found insightful.

But as you say, politics is best avoided here. 

EDIT:

I'll add that people have differing perspectives on what constitutes as 'politics'.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

My energy supplier hasn't yet upped the payments but I'm well in credit. In fact my account is in credit all year round. Last year I asked for and got a refund but this year because of the price increase but I will ask for only a small increase to match what I am using.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2