The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

41 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Hey Grizz, if you fill in your profile details we'll know where you are!

Exactly….:lol:

Only joking Neil….

…..I am right here next to these poor old birch trees…:D

8BA0A247-C40B-4B4F-9DD7-8E4A6B0F4040.jpeg.24a433d26d6546dff1cf42b2d7ef060e.jpeg

Edited by Grizz
Spelt Neil’s name wrong!
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Chuckinitdarn here so limited walking about now scheduled.

Good job I am not paying to get on RMWeb.. seems ok now but it has lost a fair few of my posts and access has been slow and variable.

@chrisf enjoy Mallorca!  Prefer Het2.com to fleazyjet but they are better than rhinoair!

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing!

Baz

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. No papers this morning, they were not delivered to the newsagents until too late for the delivery rounds. I'd like to be able to advise @iL Dottore on the best gaming chair but my consultant is at school at the moment. I don't know if there is a Swiss equivalent of Smyth's but in the UK they hold a large range of gaming chairs to suit all pockets. Tea is ready so I'll be back later.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

@New Haven Neil I believe  Sir Grizz may reside in the Land of Cnut but I could be wrong.

I am returned from the dental mechanic with a new permanent (I hope) filling.  "I hope" indeed because whilst I was in the chair and he was poking around in the depths of my oral cavity he kept saying "oh dear" and " what have you been doing to your teeth since I last saw you?"  Turns out that further excavations are needed as I've managed to break things and do minor damage in no less than three other places.  Doesn't surprise me as I've been having problems with my teeth for a few years in spite of going to the dentist every flippin' six months all my life!  Good job I'm with Denplan as it would cost me a small fortune otherwise.  However the good news is that The Boss  (who is very apprehensive of dentists) had a good session but still has another two to go before they will accept her on Denplan.  (Her treatment is costing a lot at the moment).

After that a walk was walked and I've managed just under two miles so I'm happy with that.

Coffee now and then an online shopping list to finalise.

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Very late on parade today, mainly due to not getting out of bed until well after 9:30, but then again, who cares. It would seem that I missed the morning's logging on fun, how fortuitous. 

Anyway, I'm now back in the depths of the cellar about to mix a few pots of old emulsion together, which I will then apply to the walls of the storage area, once I've filled the gaps in the plasterboard. 

Back later. 

Brian. 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from La Belle France. It's grey and drizzling here.  Like many I also tried to post several hours ago but with no joy.

Yesterday nurse Dominique arrived at 08.05 to extract the red stuff from Beth, who is not accustomed to such hours.  Before she left she told us that yesterday was pancake day here.  Obviously it would have been rude not to follow the tradition, so we had pancakes for supper with syrup and lemon juice on them. Excellent. In the intervening  hours I'd chopped up a lot of brash from tree pruning and filled the trailer.  I even got chance to watch a documentary  about Alan Hull of Lindisfarne.  Very good it was as well.

Today as I wasn't pratting about on here I did an early tip run before getting the ironing done. Aurally administered  anaesthetic was provided by 3 sides of Lindisfarne,  finishing with Fog on the Tyne.  Coffee is now being consumed.

Thoughts are with those who are not in a good place.

@Grizz, I like your lumberjack work.  

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all,

As you can see I am still unable to get into RMW and therefore cannot read, rate or post at all.   Instead I'm off to make lunch in the hope that eating a banana might improve my luck.  Any comments you see here are probably the result of a deranged imagination.  

Or alcohol deficiency.

Or possibly pannier-tank worship :jester:  

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. Rant time, a few times this morning I have accidently let the cursor wander down to the bottom right hand corner and the weather thing pops up filling half the screen. Why doesn't it require a click with the mouse to operate it? Also it is difficult to get rid of once it pops up and that sometimes means clicking on the pop up.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Gwiwer said:

Good morning all,

As you can see I am still unable to get into RMW and therefore cannot read, rate or post at all.   Instead I'm off to make lunch in the hope that eating a banana might improve my luck.  Any comments you see here are probably the result of a deranged imagination.  

Or alcohol deficiency.

Or possibly pannier-tank worship :jester:  

I would recommend a spiritual cure. Taken in the form of tots via a suitable glass container.:drinks:

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Well I've finally been able to type a reply, although I can't use the emojis at the moment..

Mooring awl, Inner Temple Hare..

A 3 piece sleep of almost 7.5 hours so that was good..

Dark Drizzly and yuk, But Ben the brave Collie disappeared onto the darkness this morning to do his stuff..

I've just returned from outside as we had a fire evacuation test.. the drizzle had eased off but it was pretty chilly... We are now informed that on future tests we must form up behind our section leaders so that  they  can check who's not turned up..  Yes Miss...

My old office chair will probably do me for years, there's not a lot of room for anything better or more reclined..

For the muddling room there's a good old, very old wingback chair, this will have a specially made tray, to fit the wooden arms, for our hobby to be practiced on. The Dab radio / music player (memory on a chip) and speakers will get mounted on it.. I just need to work out how to get a pint from the fridge to the chair without labour.. Ben the clever Collie says no chance... 

Time to.. go have dinner.. rabbit food again..

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I even got chance to watch a documentary  about Alan Hull of Lindisfarne.  Very good it was as well.

The last time I saw Alan Hull was at an Eric Bibb concert.  I was about to say a few years ago but just checked when he died.  Where do the years go?

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Greetings all from an LBG where the clouds are gathering.

I have just been disappointed to find that the stall on Borough Market from which I had intended to purchase lunch (a once a week treat of a vegetarian thali) has gone. I suaged my feelings by choosing a beef rendang from a nearby stall instead. Very nice and a decent chilli kick.

All this talk of food (my own I grant you) has reminded me I ought to edit the ocado order while I remember.

Work has been plodding on.

In other news, Mrs Lurker's Friday night has been cancelled because one of her dining companions has tested positive; so she'll have to put up with us and the football!

Right, better go! have a good day all 

• Friendly/supportive 17

3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

And to house it they need a house with suitable underground  tunnel for nefarious stuff. Also has  Opera house views, but that come second to the tunnel!

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/james-bondstyle-mosman-home-with-incredible-tunnel-hits-the-market-with-10m-price-guide/

I must say the thing that made me chuckle was the guy saying they gave them 3 meals a day and board but not the alcohol because it would have cost more than the tunnel.

They could have weighed in all the empty tinnies as scrap metal 

• Like 10

Would @iL Dottore need a white fluffy cat to go with his chair of world domination?

It's still windy here but it has calmed down overnight. Lucas slept on our bedroom floor wearing his ear defenders poor kid didnt like the noise at all. 

The only damage we have is the playhouses roof luckily. We need to do a temporary repair as it is used for storage it is scheduled for demolition in the summer if we ever get around to it.

It is elevated on a decking platform hopefully some of it can be re used

16438067211345511939663379736424.jpg

Edited by simontaylor484
Missing photos
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, BoD said:

The last time I saw Alan Hull was at an Eric Bibb concert.  I was about to say a few years ago but just checked when he died.  Where do the years go?

Yes, I was surprised to see that he died in 1995.  I saw Lindisfarne twice in IIRC, 72 in Nottingham and 74 at Buxton, enjoyed them both times.  I have happy memories of geordie land.  For peculiar reasons I did my basic training  with north eastern based forces and enjoyed their company.  In particular one ch. Inps's daughter who had been told by some mischievous  mate that I was gay.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 3
  • Funny 16

Further ponderance of the loft has taken place this morning, I am not going to board the whole lot at the moment I have too many other things to do and not enough time. I just need a storage platform.  On a trip to the big orange shed I discovered that they do loft sized osb flooring 15mm thick. I think this will be stronger and lighter than 18mm chipboard.

I have the hatch to measure up at the weekend. 

Although all this procrastination is all academic if I can't physically get in the loft. I have a set of step ladders that are too short and a multi way folding ladder that may be too big to fold out where we need it.

Her ladyship decided we should visit poundstretchers as they have an alleged 50%off everything sale. Yes you have guessed rightly everything looked like it had been doubled in price previously stuff was a lot of money for cheap tat. Home Bargains and B&M were cheaper than the half price offerings (and better quality)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I even got chance to watch a documentary  about Alan Hull of Lindisfarne.  Very good it was as well.

Today as I wasn't pratting about on here I did an early tip run before getting the ironing done. Aurally administered  anaesthetic was provided by 3 sides of Lindisfarne,  finishing with Fog on the Tyne.  

I recorded that documentary a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it when I finally got round to watching it. In fact, I haven't deleted it as I intend to watch it again. 

Lindisfarne and Alan Hull are constantly played whilst I'm in the workshop along with the late Dan Fogelberg. Dan and Alan are my two favourite musician / composers of all time, both are very underrated and deserve far more recognition as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

...snip... In particular one ch. Inps's daughter who had been told by some mischievous  mate that I was gay.

Jamie

I am thinking that said "one ch. Inps's daughter" is now your wife? :biggrin_mini:

• Like 12