The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning.  It's probably chilly outside but I haven't looked yet.  

I must have felt very energetic  yesterday as I managed 3 tip runs with the bbig trailer mainly full of garden rubbish. A few muscles ache a bit but that's notva problem.  After thevlast run, I carried on a few miles to Matha to buyanother 1000l bulk water tank.  I also bought some guttering.  This is my next irrigation project for the tomatoes and other things that Beth grows un front of the shed.  It does serve a secondary purpose as there is no gutter on the side of the shed where the door is.  I'm fed up of getting dripped on whilst locking or unlocking the door.  Why not kill two birds with one stone.  I just need to find out how much fall to put on 10m of gutter.  I even had a successful  hour in the shed getting LED's to work when switches were moved.

Today has been declared a non work day.  A run out has been planned.  Furst stop M Balluet's distillery for essential supplies, then either a meal out at a nearby restaurant  called Marmite or another visit to Gateaux. Guess what we would sample there.  Not a bad prospect.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Despite the number of  522 etc messages I have just read 3 pages of postings in ERs... 

Sunny day expected.. more walkabout to take place.. breakfast awaits  

TTFN

Baz

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, chrisf said:
2 hours ago, chrisf said:

I have been sent an old photo that I would like to share with y'all.  It depicts my class in 1960/61.  Spot the Chris ...

3a2 - Copy (2).jpg

Aww, c'mon Chris, play fair......

How can we expect to spot rainbow socks on a B&W photo? :nono:  :friends:

:jester:

So Bear will guess at the individual who stands out as being an obvious trendsetter in the world of fashion and go for ......he at the front sporting the shorts and long socks.

Do I win an LDC? 

In other news.....

MIUAIGA day - involving the lounge refurb.....

edit:  Oh Turdycurses, the laptop has reminded me that today is washing day :sad_mini:

Edited by polybear
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Q, we have an archery course just up past Injebreck, but it's too rough for us oldies really - it took three days to recover last time we shot there, so it's an occasional treat.  It's a really nice part of the island.  Not a very big reservoir to sail on, but we're not a very big place!

• Like 11
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Early frost has all but disappeared, there is some blue sky and a glimmer of sunshine.  Quite cool at 2°C but a fine and dry day is forecast.

Late up today as I was feeling tired and lazy as was The Boss who insisted on waiting for me to get up and make the tea.

Today we'll be going for a walk after breakfast and calling into Asda on the way back.  After that my somewhat limited muddling "skills" have been requested.  The Boss has produced her favourite garden ornament ( a small Buddha) in the hope that I can repair it.  It has been attacked by frost and several bits have fallen off.  I think a miracle is needed to put it right or maybe Kirsten from The Repair Shop but I'll see what I can do.

Friday of course means rugby starting tonight with Bath v Quins.  That's me sorted then.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Now on my break, thankfully! The one upside to this shi(f)t is that I should be home shortly after 1 pm and that I’ll then have the weekend off.

I took a trip to the home supply shop yesterday and obtained a few plants and some bits and bobs. The plants being mainly intended to improve indoor climate, though the verdict‘s yet to be passed on whether they’ll be effective.

Still debating what to cook for dinner. I’m long overdue on chili con carne, come to think of it. Weekend‘s predicted to be wet, so I’ll not be venturing outside much, I guess.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Slightly dull here, 3C at the moment but it looks like it may brighten up later. I shall shortly head off to the butchers for the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pork pie for dinner. Then I’m off to the Trafford for a few more bits and pieces. 

There are no firm plans for the afternoon, but that could change at any time. 

Stay safe, back later. 

Brian. 

• Like 15

Greetings all from a Sidcup that does seem to be experiencing a little sun in and amongst the clouds.

Someone has stuck a meeting in for 12.30 today - ) should be glad as the alternative was 5 o'clock. On a Friday! I mean, who?

The downside is that I have to break off work to take the car over to Bexley for Mrs Lurker to use in the afternoon - and I normally do that around midday . It's about a 40 /45 minute walk back (around 3 miles) so I will have to do it fairly shortly. I daren't leave it until after the call because the last one lasted well over 2 hours and she needs the car at 2.30.

So I had best do a little more work before I slope off.

Hang in there Tigerburnie. And supportive thoughts to BoD too.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Aww, c'mon Chris, play fair......

How can we expect to spot rainbow socks on a B&W photo? :nono:  :friends:

:jester:

So Bear will guess at the individual who stands out as being an obvious trendsetter in the world of fashion and go for ......he at the front sporting the shorts and long socks.

Do I win an LDC? 

No.  That individual is Brian Shearwood.  IIRC he was rather upset at being the last in the class to wear short trousers.

Chris

Edited by chrisf
typo
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

A walk has been er walked but only a mile and a half today as The Hip was protesting and The Boss was in a hurry to get home to do something called "Housework."  I do not understand this strange word but it sounds nasty so I'm keeping out of her way.  :whistle:

Coffee time now and then I'm going to inspect the broken thing she has put in the conservatory for repair.  I have a feeling it will have to be a bit of a bodge job but I  will do my best.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

No.  That individual is Brian Shearwood.  IIRC he was rather upset at being the last in the class to wear short trousers.

Chris

At the school I went to the uniform I required short trousers for the first three years unless you were over 5 foot tall.  There were a few boys still in shorts in their third year.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Afternoon all

Been out this morning towards @Erichill16s part of the world. Yes i have been to the centre of the known Universe. Well the antiques centre at Elsecar I was hoping to get some more Uranium glass but it was a bit too pricey for me. I was picking it up regularly up to £10 pre pandemic more usually in charity shops for a couple of quid. I do wonder if spy satellites will pick up on the concentration of uranium in my display cabinets I know it won't be much but it would be amusing.

Special thoughts to Those awaiting test results and other procedures.

@TheQ beat me to answering Jamie's question on gutter fall its only 2-3mm per m or a  couple of 16ths per yard in old money.

With diy I learnt by helping my Grandad who used imperial at home and a combination at work. So i tended to use imperial but now I am passing the wisdom on to my kids I use metric.

I have just spent the last 20 minutes trying to work out on this bl00dy too clever for itself Bosch washing machine a short hot wash to put a dose of machine cleaner through it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, NGT6 1315 said:

Moaning owl. ...snip... There's obviously sufficient people who routinely do early shifts, but I'm not one of them.

A friend is driver for the MTA in Baltimore and he likes the early (the earlier the better) runs. His current pull-out is around 430A and he gets home around 1245P.

5 hours ago, NGT6 1315 said:

Now on my break, thankfully! The one upside to this shi(f)t is that I should be home shortly after 1 pm and that I’ll then have the weekend off. ...snip...

He would be very happy to pick that run! Although his commute to the carbarn might be a problem! :biggrin_mini:

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1