The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, petethemole said:

I can only drink it cold from the fridge, and rarely even then.

I remember walking down a street in London in October 71 on a demo chanting Milk Snatcher Thatcher. I have a vague recollection that the demo was about her cutting Student Union funding. I did manage to get into Parliament and remember seeing Ian Paisley but my MP wasn't there.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Gold

Evening All!

I've been out in the cold again with the magic light tube and my son's half-decent camera.  This is a composite of a couple of shots.  

I'm still disappointed I can't see the remains of Apollo 11!

Time for bed, said Zebedee!

891812081_Moon2021-01-13-MediumRes.jpg.03f18b887970a9ac374106bee3dbacaa.jpg

• Like 19

6 hours ago, polybear said:

I then moved to Switzerland in 1988 and my salary tripled to about £36,000......

Likewise to the US in 1963 when I got my first American paycheck.  Wasn't 36K though!:huh:

Brian.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Evening All,

Been working today so not been around today. 
Going down to see mum today and probably going to do a bit of shopping. Top on my shopping list are midget, sorry I mean mini gems.

Speaking of various meats, last November I was in Norway and did have a quite a few reindeer dishes, reindeer steak, reindeer stew and finally reindeer scoop. Strangely, Father Christmas didn’t bring me anything this year.

Anyway good. Robert 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, zarniwhoop said:

Rather late for that, although the treatment would have been appropriate. He died before almost everyone here was born.

Turdycurses.  I was rather looking forward to that......

In other news.....

A successful evening at College - a gadget for the bending  curving of a certain extruded Nickel Silver strip (other materials are available) finally completed; I started it many moons ago but never got round to finishing it.....

And finally.....

Bear has felt compelled to contact The Palace and inform them that I would be unable to accept a Gong after all**.  Why?  Well if Prince Andrew is guilty then he deserves what's coming to him (personally I have my doubts, as I smell gold digger out for her moment of glory - and the U.S. legal system is sufficiently broken to fall for it).  But this evening's announcement that The Family are basically sh1tting on him from A Great Height even before he's been proved guilty (which by default means he's innocent....) is a step too far in this Bear's book.  It'll serve them right if he is found innocent, and then goes on to write a book about ALL the Families' secrets that they most definitely don't want broadcast......

** Just in case they ever had a mind to....

Edited by polybear
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, PupCam said:

Evening All!

I've been out in the cold again with the magic light tube and my son's half-decent camera.  This is a composite of a couple of shots.  

I'm still disappointed I can't see the remains of Apollo 11!

Time for bed, said Zebedee!

891812081_Moon2021-01-13-MediumRes.jpg.03f18b887970a9ac374106bee3dbacaa.jpg

So the moon is made from green cheese!

Edited by Erichill16
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a good evening at SEERS this evening but as it concerned objects running on parallel strips of metal I'll say no more. I will be visiting my brother on Sunday to make sure he's OK. Thats about it, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
Fat finger syndrome
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Did that go done under hobbies or extra curricular activities on your CV Jamie.

I remember walki g down a streetvin London in October 71 on a demo chanting Milk Snatcher Thatcher. I have a vague recollection that the demo was about her cutting Student Union funding. I did manage to get into Parliament and remember seeing Ian Paisley but my MP wasn't there.

Jamie

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Prayers for Phil and the family. 

...snip... Thatcher ...snip...

Jamie

She was the last of your PMs that I could name until I joined RMweb and learned the name of your current one. Another way back one that just popped into mind is Profumo.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, polybear said:

...snip... Why?  Well if Prince Andrew is guilty then he deserves what's coming to him (personally I have my doubts, as I smell gold digger out for her moment of glory - and the U.S. legal system is sufficiently broken to fall for it).  But this evening's announcement that The Family are basically sh1tting on him from A Great Height even before he's been proved guilty (which by default means he's innocent....) is a step too far in this Bear's book.  It'll serve them right if he is found innocent, and then goes on to write a book about ALL the Families' secrets that they most definitely don't want broadcast

First of all let me state that I am no fan of your royalty but what if Prince Andrew did NOT do what that slimy biotch says he did? Like you, I hope that he rains all over their parade! Sorry, but those are my feelings. He was a military hero flying choppers in Viet the Falklands war; they can not take that away from him!

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

12 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Another way back one that just popped into mind is Profumo.

He was never a PM. John Profumo was the Secretary of State for War in Harold Macmillan's Conservative government, had an extramarital affair with 19-year-old model Christine Keeler beginning in 1961. Profumo was then 46. Bit of a parallel to the current (I hesitate to say) affair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profumo_affair#Profumo

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

7 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Prayers for Phil and the family. 

She was the last of your PMs that I could name until I joined RMweb and learned the name of your current one. Another way back one that just popped into mind is Profumo.

John Profumo was the Secretary of State for War  in Harold Macmillan's Conservative government. He had an affair with the model Christine Keeler which he denied in Parliament and resigned when a police enquiry (there had been security implications) in 1963 revealed the affair meaning that he'd lied to the house. The scandal is believed to have led to the resignation of Macmillan  later that year. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I only know from FDR on.  Hoover and Coolidge, Taft, etc, are names I've heard of and thats about it.  The UK PMs are more well known for obvious reasons but not having lived there for a while I'd have to think on it!

Motley Crue comes to mind for some reason!:P

Brian

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3