The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings all from a grey but dry Sidcup. Mrs Lurker has gone into school today  - still testing negative despite Elder Lurker's positive test. Younger Lurker goes in to school but only for a covid test - then he comes back in. He starts school properly tomorrow. I am not working today but retreated to the office to catch up on RMweb and to later do my tax return....

Most of our decs came down yesterday although Mrs Lurker decreed that we should leave one set of lights up.

And now it is pretty soon going to be time to take Younger Lurker to school. Have a good day all!

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Well done Mrs Q is she going on One man and Dog? (If they still make that programme)

Now part of the Countryfile programme but nothing like the original.

37 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

wakey wakey rise and shite time is still about 08.20.J

Rise and Shite - or Rise and Shine . . . . . . . . . :jester:

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9

Morning all 

An early check in from me I have just done the first school run of the year with a return load to the tip. I still think like a transport manager.

The car needed de icing this morning it was raindrops frozen solid. Although on the school run we passed some cars with a dusting of snow.

Just catching up with the news this morning and came across this blood boiler, I have no problem with the freedom of expression but this really winds me up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59853848 

• Like 11
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bin day today but no lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon this week. 

5 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Just catching up with the news this morning and came across this blood boiler, I have no problem with the freedom of expression but this really winds me up

The problem with David Icke is there are still people who believe every piece of garbage he comes out with.

Time to run a bath, be back later.

• Like 3
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

It's not very clear (to this Bear, at least) if she showed the film after receiving the suspended sentence.  Oh I do hope so, cos' that'll mean she could very well be heading for a small room with a steel door sometime soon.

• Agree 10

25 minutes ago, polybear said:

It's not very clear (to this Bear, at least) if she showed the film after receiving the suspended sentence.  Oh I do hope so, cos' that'll mean she could very well be heading for a small room with a steel door sometime soon.

One of the things that wound me up was that the cinema had recieved 52k in covid related grants. Then they showed this film and broke the rules

• Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All!

It's soggy in Puppershire this morning.      I'm awaiting the arrival of my grandson which can only mean one thing;  Brio playtime :D

Also, I have an interesting technical challenge with regard to video manipulation to look forward to today - should be fun!   The trouble is I get so engrossed in such challenges to get enough knowledge at the time to do a job but, as in this case, then don't use the newly acquired skills for a couple of years by which time I've forgotten mostly everything and the tools and techniques have moved on!   Anyway, it will be good getting back into it and might even provoke some more work on my old telecine machine.  Whoops, just remembered, I've nicked it's  camera module to put on my telescope :lol:   How boring life would be without the opportunity  of "doing lots of technical" !!

By the way, I was searching for Beeza crankcase options yesterday.   They seem to be pretty thin on the ground.   

I think it might be a case of watching Ebay very patiently for a good long while ....

1 hour ago, polybear said:

47 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

One of the things that wound me up was that the cinema had recieved 52k in covid related grants. Then they showed this film and broke the rules

These people walk amongst us!   Very scary isn't it! 

I'm good with "Free Speech" ........... up to a point.     But when such blatant nonsense is peddled and peddled repeatedly then I think there's no free speech WITHOUT responsibility and such demented dimwits (my own "opinion" offered freely, other opinions are available) should be made to pay for the damage to wider society that their free speech causes.   

Of course, politicians might need to be exempted ....

Alan

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 9
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

I wondered where TYPOMAN had nipped off to. If you haven't got him then maybe it was intentional

I assumed it was, especially as it was about the chickens. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Rise and Shite - or Rise and Shine . . . . . . . . . :jester:

16 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

I wondered where TYPOMAN had nipped off to. If you haven't got him then maybe it was intentional

Very definitely intentional.  They produce copious amounts and have absolutely  no sense of hygiene.

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

12 hours ago, PupCam said:

Yes, I'm available too ID......

4 hours ago, polybear said:

So's Bear - I'm intrigued to know just how good a nine quid side order of "Triple Cooked Chips" really is :biggrin_mini2:

13 hours ago, pH said:

Is that a firm offer?:jester:

@pHActually, it was a rhetorical device - to illustrate a point, not a specific offer. Besides, I have a horrible feeling that of many ERs you could say "you can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em out" :jester: Anyway, how would I get £30K without breaking into my nineteenth favourite antique porcelain piggy bank???? (and to answer the @polybear- Yes, the triple cooked chips are bloody good!).

Whilst on the subject of food - may I offer some food for thought (see what I did there?): the future may not be meat free as many fear (and some want): there are few biotech companies in the US and elsewhere who have managed to grow meat in vats (as yet this is not commercially viable) add to that the fact 3D food printers are getting even more sophisticated then in the future most people may very well get their meat as a 3D printed construct from cloned muscle (meat) cells. Given that most people tend to buy their meat as prepackaged food "items" as opposed to going to a butcher and having him cut a piece off an animal carcass in front of their eyes, provided that texture, taste and price is OK - I suspect few would care.

I can think of distinct advantages : far too many people want prime cuts (beef filet, chops, chicken breasts, etc) which leads to battery farming and terrible food-animal welfare, with 3D printing of meat people will be able to have as many prime cuts as they wish, with no need to battery farm. As the acceptance of 3D printed meat increases (and I think that it would due to price and convenience) food animal stocks would decrease until - at the end - there will just be a few herds of sheep and cattle and a few droves of pigs who will feed (so to speak) a high end market for "real" meat from cosseted high-animal welfare food-animals (even if a "real" 8oz pork chop will cost £250 - there will be those willing to pay such sums).

This could very much be a "win-win" scenario for both humans and animals...

...unless the anti-science and progress Luddites get a bear in their bonnet about cultured meat...

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3

4 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Replaced by even more inane game shows.

I'm going to start a 'Bring Back Monitor" petition.

Edited by Coombe Barton
Grumpy old man mode switched on
  • Like 7
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Having eaten a bean-based dinner yesterday evening, whilst, I hasten to add, fully clothed, I retract this opinion. The consequent emission of greenhouse gas contributes to global warming.

Actually it contains more hydrogen than any other gas, thats why a :stinker: can easily be ignited.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

BBC Alba has a series on sheepdog trials, Farpaisean Chon-Chaorach.  It's not on currently and isn't on iPlayer, but video clips are available on YouTube and elsewhere.  It's in Gaelic (mainly), with subtitles.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 6