The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning!

Been about -5?° when I got up - may have been colder in the middle of the night, though. Later today me and my girlfriend will be heading out to her grandma in the Saarland - no internet access there, so no updates or anything from me till Sunday evening ;) .

See ya, chaps :D .

Morning all, setting off for Glasgow in half an hour to pick up the nipper and take her down to my parents' for tonight. Back up to Glasgow tomorrow night.

Can't say I'm much looking forward to the drive this morning to Glasgow and then down the M74 and over the A69 in the snow - hope all routes are clear!

Morning snowmen....

Had a few inches overnight, but judging by the news coverage, the UK is going to grind to a halt. Better send Mrs S to the supermarket to get provisions in case this gets really serious....wink.gif

Drive safely guys if you're out and about.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all one last trip into the office and that is it for Christmas. The scenery will probably be stunning for your drive but you will not be looking at it much. At least the Scots have some ability to cope with snow on the road.

Morning All!

Wow! Snow! Not as half as much here in Southest Hampshire as I had last Christmas up in Westest Glasgow... But still... I got into the office safely - deciding that it would be better to walk than cycle today! rolleyes.gif

It's the last day of "term" for me today so bring on the let-your-hair-down attitude in the office!

Happy Friday Everyone, Have a good day, take care in the snow and have a good weekend!

• RMweb Gold

Robbie won't need any persuading,(I can confirm it was a typing error). When he was a puppy he used to try to catch snowflakes which was amusing to watch but he is a bit more sensible (for a spaniel) now. He will still chase a snowball and try and retrieve it though.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Snow looks very pretty (from this side of the windowpane). Light dusting of the white stuff and a bitter cold wind. Made the decision on whether to venture into the office or work from home somewhat easy. Our old hound dog was keen as ever to go for his morning walk but after a few minutes in the snow was equally keen to get back home. Far too cold on the paws!

Have fun all

Cheers

Dave

As long as there's enough beer, wine and solder, all will be well.

Strange diet you have, Don!

Managed to get to Newbury and back; local roads are pack-ice, main roads seem fine. Nearer Porstmouth they had much less snow than here!

No. It's an old photo of me painting the ceiling.

Could be the infamous polar bear in a snow storm, of course!

Excellent cartoon in one of yesterday's papers: sketch of polar bear, with music-hall style parasol, singing along to 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas' next to an article about some debacle in Kobenhaven!!