The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just noticed that the pic of being dismantled layout somehow got triplicated. Therefore deleted.

Jam, the whole layout is being dismantled/demolished as I will be vacating the flat when I get a place in the old aged home.

It is being done in stages to save saleable items.

I am going to try to repost it here..

Holding thumbs.

Here goes.

post-182-0-76358500-1313674276_thumb.jpg

Hi Jam, it's a nice thought, but not a chance. The reason that I'm still in my flat is that the home is "chock-a-block" to use their phraseology.

DD You do have bad luck! I'm truly sorry that you are stuck until after Summer. You must feel gutted

• RMweb Premium

Well done Jam. Bournemouth will be far enough away from home but not too far. ;)

Cheers

Dave (who can't think of anything else to say as it's precipitating persistently)

• Like 1

"Can your couple of weeks be re-negotiated?"

Yes, I hadn't paid so it could be worse.

The owner was very understanding.

As friends were joining us at the villa (it has 3 bedrooms) they will be disappointed.

At least the Debit Card will be in better health.

• RMweb Gold

Well done Jam. Bournemouth will be far enough away from home but not too far. ;)

Cheers

Dave (who can't think of anything else to say as it's precipitating persistently)

Quite right Dave!

I mean don't get me wrong - Plymouth is a lovely place with a good uni and an equally good course, but why travel 3 hours for the same thing when you can do it in about 1/2 hour? I've always been something of a home boy whereas both my sisters are completely the opposite.

I expect I'll be staying at home an driving into uni/taking the bus.

Some of my mates are also going to B'mouth too which is great.

It's been raining here all day, except for about one hour when it was dry and it has just stopped raining as I type this. Incidentally, B'mouth gardens is under water from flash floods.

This morninmg's forecast said 30% chance of rain this evening.

Bingo! At 5:00 pm my West facing windows registered drops of rain.

An hour later it's still showering down.

Tomorrow promises 60%

iIt's also COLD! My heater is ON.

Good on yer, Jam - the only thing I would warn you about is all the very attractive young ladies attending the language schools - as someone who spent a couple of years living two doors away from one (language school, that is!) I know what I'm talking about! :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well done Jam, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Sorry about your hols dd, I expect you were just about ready for a break.

Do you know what I'm going to bed in a jiff, absolutely knackered, hope I can sleep tonight, bit of an insomniac at the moment.

• RMweb Premium

Finished fitting collars to my errant rafters and put in another support for the ridge beam, I have pains and bruises in places I only remember from running round assault courses 35 years ago. As an aside I have recently found a book I first read about 25 years ago Don't cry for me Sergant Major, it is still a classic of life as a serviceman at war.

Morning All,

It is a rather cloudy morning here - which matches the forecast. There is also a bit of a breeze blowing which is quite good because yesterday was rather too hot.

I am just enjoying a rather strong cup of coffee. I had to resurrect my filter machine from the cellar, and I put in rather too much coffee. My Senseo has gone back to Philips to be repaired as part of the recall they are having at the moment.

Oh well - it will shortly be time to get the little guy up, and then it is off to school and work. Still, soon be weekend - it has been a rather hectic week!

Have a good day everyone...

Rain!! for the next 4 days, Monday 47mm expected. Low temps. today 9C overnight, up to a max of only 13C.

Anybody got any interesting model railway news?

Good Friday morning everybody. Only 8 hours to the weekend.