The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TheQ said:

Oddity in Effin clown town, police car, parked on the verge, a hundred yards ahead, two police officers walking in my direction of travel, one on the pavement, one in the middle of my lane, 50ft in front of that a police car driving at walking pace in the same direction.. Bit awkward over taking that as there are two sets of central islands in the area.

Sounds like they were looking for something, with the car being driven used to protect the PC walking in the road.

4 hours ago, TheQ said:

I see HMG have announced that the ban on New Diesel lorries will commence 2040, I predict a rush for new diesel lorries  in 2038 /39. As it is my new car will be a diesel, by 2040 I'll be over 80, diesel fuel will be available for at least 10 years after that.. So the next car should see me out..

I suspect that this Bear may well be purchasing a new car in late 2029 - and unless they came down in price an awful lot and their range increases significantly then it's unlikely to be leccy.

There was mention on the radio this morning of difficulties people are having getting their leccy cars repaired since so few mechanics are trained to fix them.

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Both rescues from shelters - have been given love, patience (to sort out their behavioural issues [it's tough being a street dog or an abandoned dog]), been chipped, spayed and neutered, taken to the vets on numerous occasions and spent HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, HOW MUCH? on food, toys, treats, apparel and vets' fees (I reckon enough for a 7 Series BMW - if not a Bentley)

Buddy at work (or not - we're both retired now) is getting lined up for Hip Replacement No. 2 on his Woofums (King Charles Cavalier).  Only £7K a time.....fortunately the insurance picks up the majority of the tab.

In other news:

The workmen next door collected the key; it seems there are all sorts of problems, including no foundations under the front & back doors (they were built on a lintel instead) and single skin concrete block walls in the extension with no cavity or internal rendering - just board bonded direct to the blocks and then plastered over (the boards have had to be removed now).  They've now also detected damp under the lounge floor (part of the original house) so they've got to dig a 500mm trench to investigate that.  This is all in the house that a few weeks ago was decorated very, very nicely....ouch.  Cost is gonna be the wrong side of £10K and rising....

Blood has been sucked - no lolly, no mickey mouse plaster :cry:

The new SDS chuck arrived this morning (that was mighty quick), along with yet another whitemetal and brass offering that was obtained at a ludicrously low price - especially as it contains a set of wheels.  Result.  :yahoo:

As for doing more leccy work...hmm, maybe after din dins.  Maybe....

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, chrisf said:

I am never likely to know why I have been targeted

Although you are the victim of this and I hope no one who received the bogus email responded to whatever was asked I don’t think you need worry about it being targeted at you personally. For instance, the bits of code that do this are “out and about “ attached to all kinds of message that someone perhaps innocently sends. One opens a file, the attached software finds your email address book and sends out messages to all your contacts. If it works really well, it will also infect anyone who received and opens the sent attachment. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't just me that received the email then Chris? I shall, with your permission forward the email I received, to the relevant Authority, however as they have dealt with or have to deal with 8 million referrals I supect nothing would happen.

If no permission then no worries, but the kno£s that do this sort of thing need a good #######. 

Phil

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

TP "working from home" with Steve.

IMG_1033.jpg.25f249574bda5ffef834b486c2ab69bd.jpg 

IMG_1036.jpg.6401ec3a3d22b4e0b0c2b917263fe4ee.jpg

Motivation I see.

• Like 5
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

Greetings all from a slightly drizzly LBG.

Likewise from a very drizzly House of Fun.  Thick misty stuff blowing through much of the morning with a few dry intervals barely long enough to clean the glasses!  At least it's not cold by November's standards.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 12

2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Wasn't just me that received the email then Chris? I shall, with your permission forward the email I received, to the relevant Authority, however as they have dealt with or have to deal with 8 million referrals I supect nothing would happen.

If no permission then no worries, but the kno£s that do this sort of thing need a good #######. 

Phil

Permission granted!  I shall be interested to learn what if anything is said.

Chris

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The sciatica has stayed away but I make sure that I make no sudden moves that can set it off. The TV set has finally given up and just keeps scanning so the new one will be in place tomorrow. This is the cat that made its way from Upminster to Basildon before he was identified.

image.png.ec8104395fe48eb8475c4af99637cab3.png

He looks thoroughly miserable but is now back home.

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Well this Bear never did get around to doing any leccies today....

The afternoon's fun instead consisted of:

(a) ironing a pair of jeans

(b) packing a forthcoming sale on the 'bay (well it's had a bid, so I thought I'd take a flyer that they'll pay up)

(c) Checking the contents of a certain kit that I purchased on the 'bay for a pittance; all the important bits are there, with just a few of those diddy little cast bits seemingly missing that no-one (a) has a clue what they are, and (b) where they go.  I can live with that, as I'm sure bits can be scrounged or obtained by other means at some point in the future.  Whilst the purchase was "a right result" the postage was a p*ss take though - £3-20 postage yet the seller charged nine quid :angry:.  It wasn't even packed that well either....

Bear's email has been having a tantrum for most of the day - it won't send or receive, and keeps asking for my password and username to be entered into a little popup box whenever I click the "Refresh" tab; both p/w and u/n fields are already populated however, though the p/w can't be read it does have what I think to be the correct number of characters.  I can't double check this easily though, as my computer paperwork is in the desk in the lounge, surrounded by other furniture and sheeted over....:angry:

The usual technical solution (restart) didn't fix it either.  Turdycurses.

If it's still messing around tomorrow I'll have to dive into the desk paperwork.....

Hang on though......

Beary Brainwave of the Day:

Try the tablet instead - if that won't play either then it's "them" and not me.....

Edit:

Those paying attention several weeks ago may recall Bear sending a snottogram to the Co-op for selling a bag of satsumas that were in date yet one of which was decidedly rotten.  They've finally responded - the usual apologies blah blah blah; the best bit is they be sending a certain Bear a gift card for a fiver :yahoo:.  A result.

Edited by polybear
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 2

Evening, had a nice trip out to Pitlochry and surrounding area, past Blair Athol castle and up to Bruar, the sale at the shops were a tad disappointing, no whisky in the sale, how rude was that!! I didn't buy anything, though they did have a nice fishing reel, only £5000............................................

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Evening, had a nice trip out to Pitlochry and surrounding area, past Blair Athol castle and up to Bruar, the sale at the shops were a tad disappointing, no whisky in the sale, how rude was that!! I didn't buy anything, though they did have a nice fishing reel, only £5000............................................

Reely?

Last time we were there we just ignored the money making bit (well mostly) and had a pleasant walk up to the top falls and back.

• Like 17