The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Hi all,

I don't know if the predicted 26mm of rain fell yesterday, but it did rain pretty well all day and into the night. The roads however are now dry and the forecast is cloudy but no rain.

I hope you stll have some Summer yet to come.

Have a good week end.

Morning all,

Happy Birthday Phil, may you have a good day...............not much going on here apart from my plants commissioning grinding to a partial halt as we found some problems in the high voltage switch gear, dont really want to mess with that stuff!

Enjoy the weekend.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Been awake for roughly an hour last night as I guess I was feeling the strain from my having continued to tidy up the flat yesterday <_< . I but eventually dozed off again around 3 am.

I may be doing a trip to the optician later, provided he will have received the lenses by then. As I was having some trouble with those I have recently, he suggested we try a different brand to see whether this may solve the matter.

Have a good one, guys...

Happy birthday Phil! Hope Hedge End is rocking tonight!

Off to collect a parcel soon, they've closed the sorting office I used to collect them from. Instead of a pleasant 20 minute walk (to 5 minutes round the corner from Harburn Hobbies), it's now an hour's walk away and an hour back. Or I could take the car, but the exercise would do me good.

At least I'll be able to take the cricket with me on the radio. Colossal day for England yesterday. Warne was being a whinging Aussie "Bored now. Declare." but I was quite happy for Cook to try to equal Gooch's 333*. Mind you, you know something's very strange when you're disappointed that England had a batting collapse from 596-3 to 613-6... ;)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - thanks again for the birthday wishes. I'm spending the weekend at my daughter's, we're having a family bbq this afternoon. Could be soggy judging by the weather so far, mind you if the promised port makes an appearance I shan't be worrying too much!

Have a good weekend everyone.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, have a good birthday Phil I hope it is less soggy down there. Here I can see a chink of blue sky in the grey sky, it rained so heavily in the night that it woke me up not for long though soon back to the land off nod.

Guest Max Stafford

Robert, maybe the little fella thought he was at the football...! ;)

Phil: many happy returns mate, have a great day!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, have a great day Phil!

Haven't done any modelling for a while, but I have been doing something productive. I've decided that since we are not moving house that I should rejuvenate my bedroom instead.

Therefore I have been designing a new piece of furniture for my bedroom. I thought I could do with the practice considering I will be doing product design at uni. I have designed some furniture that has more than one use. I don't like things only having one use (maybe I'm just odd!) so this will be a sofa/desk and maybe /bed as well. Today I'm making the patterns for it so I can cut out the ply later. It is something of a modern design even though I do quite like traditional stuff. I'll leave it as that for now wink.gif

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

Sitting waiting to travel back down from Edinburgh. Very enjoyable day - tartan tat and all. ;)

Thanks for arranging the weather as requested Mike.

Glad you enjoyed it BoD! I walked 12 miles around Edinburgh today, got caught in one very heavy shower in the middle of the Meadows. I did walk (or rather shuffle) down the section of the Royal Mile from

The Hub to North Bridge where all the Fringe performers were touting their wares.

Now I'm on cooking sweet potato and butternut squash curry for Jamie.

Had a wonderful surprise today. My daughter and her boyfriend have got engaged and hope to get married next summer....

Good news is that young Matt is a genuinely nice guy apart from being a Villa supporter, but then you can't have everything.