The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, grandadbob said:

holds a frozen Turkey crown

I believe we have an emergency chicken in the freezer “just in case”. There is a turkey crown on order from a farm in Essex. I am not bothered really about special festive meals but Aditi does like the traditional lunch at Christmas and being creative with excess turkey. I don’t imagine we will be going anywhere or having visitors over the Christmas and New Year period so normal online shopping hopefully. Aditi has reserved a pre Christmas grocery slot not for panic buying but just to get normal supplies that week. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

Turkey ordered. Check

Festive food. 80%

Festive booze ordered. Check

Likely just the 2 of us but just in case things change we are ready. 

Oh and I love turkey when it is done right. I spatch it and cook on the BBQ. That way it is ready in less than half the time, doesn't dry out and is lovely and juicy.

Failed.. the Brussel sprouts aren't on..

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

A full tree of them still growing. They'll be par boiled for half an hour, then sautéed in butter, shallots, and lardons. They are actually edible that way and don't stink up the house for the normal 7 month cooking time. 

I steam them for a couple of minutes, quickly cool them and freeze them. We may even have some left from last year. Then to cook them ,I  just steam them from frozen until they are hot. Best done with small sprouts. I did them with crumbled black pudding one year. I liked them. No one else did. I will try the sauté method as recommended!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

90% of those in there are unvaccinated - hmm, I wonder?!?!?!

In the news here, there are people handing out fake leaflets (with NHS logos) to schoolchildren going to school trying to dissuade them from getting vaccinated. They also are threatening headteachers with ridiculous pseudo legal writs for facilitating vaccination. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

...... and something like 90% of those in there are unvaccinated - hmm, I wonder?!?!?!

26 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

They also are threatening headteachers with ridiculous pseudo legal writs for facilitating vaccination. 

Simple solution:   No evidence of vaccination, no hospital admittance.     Then the problem will go away.

26 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

In the news here, there are people handing out fake leaflets (with NHS logos) to schoolchildren going to school trying to dissuade them from getting vaccinated.

They should be sued within an inch of their lives by the authorities IMHO!

I do hope my views on the matter are not deemed to be too radical and of course, no political intent intended.

Alan

• Agree 13

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

A full tree of them still growing. They'll be par boiled for half an hour, then sautéed in butter, shallots, and lardons. They are actually edible that way and don't stink up the house for the normal 7 month cooking time. 

I cook them the same way but no shallots, chestnuts instead..

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each,

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I believe we have an emergency chicken in the freezer “just in case”. 

Along with our turkey crown we have a "just in case" large emergency chicken along with an emergency pork loin joint, gammon joint and umpteen other meaty things.

Next week I'll be visiting our local excellent butcher to get some emergency steaks and an emergency beef joint .........just in case you understand.  I'm not panicking....yet, :no: these are just our normal freezer contents.

Those who worry about such things will be pleased to know that all the above goods are logged, labelled and dated and will be used in good time.  (In her former working life The Boss was at one time responsible for checking sell by and use by dates etc at Sainsbury's and carries on doing it to this day....wherever she is!

Although the Helpline assistant said it would my HP printer will not print from my laptop with only the black cartridge inserted but will work from iPhone and iPad so that gives me a temporary solution.  Just got to see if the new colour cartridge will work when it arrives,  if not the large hammer will be deployed.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Evenin' each, ....snip... if not the large hammer will be deployed.

Remember, there are lots of useful modeling parts inside the beast, even if just used for odd flatcar/gondola  loads.

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

She can hardly move her arms are trembling she can't do her hair.  She cant really do anything .She is walking like a zombie.

I'm trying to get her to rest she says she getting bored

Special Beary thoughts still radiating.....

Perhaps some very simple things to do may help - I find that this focuses the mind and helps forget other things.....

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7